Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Gaming Exceptions

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 07:38 AM #1 of 9
Gaming Exceptions

Let's start out by saying I love Fallout 3. I didn't play 1 or 2. On a whim, I played Fallout 3. The first time, I didn't make it out of the vault. The second time I tried to play it, I played it all the way through I was dying for more.

For the most part, I stray away from post apocalyptic games. I played Bioshock and to be honest, was not sold on it. But for some reasons Fallout 3 struck a chord with me. Even to this day, I can't tell you why I liked Fallout 3 as much as I did. I tried other Bethesda Games and it wasn't the same. Heck, I even tried Bioware games and had a hard time.

The point being, Fallout 3 was the exception that broke the rule. Does anyone else have a game that they thought they would never like and somehow amazed them and made them think differently about a genre of game?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 08:32 AM Local time: May 19, 2010, 11:32 PM #2 of 9
I'm not a fan of fighting games (real fighting games, not kiddy grandma casual toddler gimmick babies like Super Smash Bros. and Street Fighter) but I made an exception for Guilty Gear X2, because that Bridget character was the hottest chick ever.

I also try to avoid eye contact with waaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr first person shooters, but fell in love with the Brothers in Arms series. We got married.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 08:54 AM #3 of 9
Actually bought Grand Theft Auto 4 on Direct2Drive recently. The reason I bought it originally was because it was only 7 euro and my friend kept saying how much fun it was to play online, but I ended up playing the whole single player and loved every minute of it.

Its weird, because I owned GTA 1 and 2 but aside from driving around shooting shit I never touched any missions. Even GTA 3 and Vice City which I borrowed from my friend a number of times after he told me to play it. Same story, just random driving and shooting, no story.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 09:05 AM #4 of 9
Wayyy back then, I wasn't into the likes of fps like Doom or Duke n Nukem or Golden Eye or Quake or Perfect Dark what have you. I just don't really play those all that much, I don't generally avoid them or dislike them or anything, it just doesn't cause a blip on my gaming radar is all.

And then there was N64 and I was bored. I happen to rent Hexen 64. I know. I know. Shit game. But somehow, that game stuck with me. I stuck it out and enjoyed it for some weird reason. Made it to the end in some awe like fashion and couldn't believe I went out and beaten a game that's just I'm typically out of the league with. Then on, I checked out the rest I mentioned earlier. Liked those, just didn't get into it much to "finish".

So I'm giving fps a try, they're rather low on priorities right now. I did finish HALF LIFE 2 and NOLF.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 10:38 AM Local time: May 19, 2010, 07:38 AM #5 of 9
For the longest time, I was against FPSes on consoles. If it wasn't available for the computer, I would not play it if it was FPS.

Metroid Prime broke that streak, such a fun series. Now the occasional FPS on the console isn't as bad. I have enjoyed Bioshock 1 and 2. The only FPS prior to MP I played and enjoyed was goldeneye. Everything else was/is on my desktop.

Most amazing jew boots
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 10:42 AM Local time: May 19, 2010, 10:42 AM #6 of 9
Due to sticking to strictly to PC games since oh about the snes era I had no experience with relatively modern third person beat em up games.

And then Devil May Cry 3 got ported. Now I'm trying to snatch up pretty much anything I can of this type. Once you thrown your sword into an enemy, uppercutted him 10 feet in the air then held him aloft with bullets before jumping up and hulk smashing him into the ground again it's hard to be satisfied with just shooting dudes.

Of course that means one of these days I'm going to have to finally get around to getting a Ps2 or better as the picking are mighty slim still for the pc.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 12:28 PM Local time: May 19, 2010, 11:28 AM #7 of 9
Didn't play Fallout 1 or 2? Kill yourself. Or go play them. You know, whichever.

I've always been so terrible at fighters that I tended to ignore them, but then I got my grubby little mitts on blazblue and have been murdering niggas joyously ever since. Same sort of thing with shooters. Loathed them as a whole until I played Half Life 2 and Uncharted, and now I list the Uncharted series among my favourite of all time. Also, Left 4 Dead. And Portal.

Also, I'm only a little into it but so far Red Dead Redemption is making me eat my words that GTA and everything that looks like GTA can suck a fuck.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 12:36 PM #8 of 9
I was never too keen on the whole sandbox game shit that has been all the rage these days. I played GTA 1 for a bit in high school, and really didn't take to it. About a year ago picked up Prototype, and that was kind of fun despite its sandboxiness.

And then I played Saint's Row 2.

'Nuff said.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Caper the Fox
Carob Nut

Member 35029

Level 6.48

Dec 2009

Old May 19, 2010, 02:07 PM #9 of 9
When Sonic Unleashed was announced i thought the game was gonna suck because of the music being shiity in the first trailer. But after i heard more of the music the Soundtrack didn't sound bad after all nor did the gameplay But i would call it my least favorite sonic game

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Gaming Exceptions