Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Games that "ABSOLUTELY" deserve a remake or sequel.

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:05 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 01:35 AM 2 #1 of 112
Games that "ABSOLUTELY" deserve a remake or sequel.

If its one thing that I've noticed about gaming in the last two years is that we are seeing a lot of classic titles being remade for the current generation of consoles or after being on the back burner for so long we have seen sequels for games that we've always wanted.

Especially in 2009, we have seen a brand new Bionic Commando game. Also Klonoa made its way to the Wii even though its a remake of the original game. Despite that these games were always successful before they came into this current generation of games, it reminded me of how there are so many great games from 5-10-15-20 years ago that deserve a shot at this current generation of gaming.

I was really excited, when Contra 4 came out, I couldn't even get a copy because any copies of the game were already gone by the time I got back to Newfoundland. I will eventually pick up this game, but it looks I'll have to go to amazon or ebay to get it.

To the GFF community what do you feel are some that really deserve a remake or a sequel for this current generation of consoles and by all means explain why. I have three.

BLAST CORPS

The funny thing about this game, is that this game is completely out of the norm of the type of games I usually play. I had rented this on the off chance that it was good. Boy was it ever an awesome game. Even though Microsoft owns Rare at the moment, I would specifically buy an XBOX 360 if I knew they were ever going to do a sequel for BLAST CORPS. Imagine Blast Corps on a current console. They could have larger cities, completely destructible environments, more vehicles, more demolitions robots, insane missions, co-op play, online play, the possibilities are endless.

The Legend of Dragoon

The reason I picked this game is not based upon the fact that its a great game, more than anything else from my point of view it is an above average rpg at best, but if its one thing I really enjoyed about this game is the battle system. I love the addition time based battle system for this game, and even though I haven't played that many rpg's for a wide array of consoles the only thing I've come to close to a battle system to this is the Judgment Ring battle system from Shadow Hearts. The Unfortunate thing about Shadow Hearts is the only Shadow Hearts game I have played is From the New World. To most people this is probably the weakest of the series, and despite being the weakest of the series I still enjoyed the game. I just liked a lot of gameplay for The Legend of Dragoon, the story wasn't overly great but I think they should take a lot of the mechanics that made this game great and they could probably do a lot more to make these battle mechanics even better and do a sequel or probably put them to another rpg.

Rival Schools/Project Justice

Come on Capcom, you have an awesome fighting series. Why doesn't this series have another game. I didn't think that you could do anything to improve from the original Rival Schools. You proved me wrong, you made Project Justice for the Dreamcast making it an even more awesome game, with triple team attack instead of just team attacks, and wide array of awesome characters. This is one fighting game, you should not give up on. It is an awesome title, and deserves to have a sequel with more characters, online play and just an overall better experience because this is one of the very few Capcom fighting games that has a unique and quirky fun factor to it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Angel of Light; Jul 8, 2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: errors
Hi, My Name Is Hito
A slime draws near!

Member 304

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:11 AM #2 of 112
I second the Rival Schools/Project Justice thing. LoD can fuck off forever. The game I most want to see remade is Persona 2. Combine both parts into one game, release it on the PSP, update the graphics a bit, throw in some Atlus swag, and I'm golden. It's likely to happen now that they're porting the Persona to the system.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:30 AM #3 of 112
How about a new Soul Blazer series game? Or Terranigma released in English on an NTSC system.

Or the RIAA/EMI not being a bunch of asses and allowing Earthbound to be rereleased in America without being all HOLY FUCK SAMPLES IN OUR MUSIC CAN'T HAVE THAT.

Which will lead to Mother 1+2+3 DS.

A boy can dream, can't he?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:40 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 12:40 AM #4 of 112
Lost Odyssey had a simplified "ring" system that allowed for single hits to be crits depending on how well you timed it. It didn't have combos, but it's still a pretty enjoyable system and I saw it as an homage to Dragoon.

On topic, Star Tropics is the game that usually comes to mind. It's been a while since a zelda-type game has come out that wasn't zelda, and I think this franchise still has a lot of potential with a young crowd.

Up until recently, I would have said Aliens vs Predator, but it looks like they're bringing that one back from the grave, so grins all around. The only other game I can think of at the moment is Dungeon Keeper. Where other RTS games are all about the offense, Dungeon Keeper had a malicious streak to it that allowed you to set devious traps for interlopers and then just sit back and laugh maniacally while steepling your fingers. The dark humor mixed in with the give and take of exploration versus defense was satisfying in a way few other RTS games have come close for me.

token FF7 mention goes here

Most amazing jew boots
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:42 AM 1 #5 of 112
Blaster Master. Even just a sprite overhaul or something would be great.

I think if they tried a sequel it would suck though. Grimdark, no catchy music, bloom and blur, etc.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:49 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 09:49 PM 4 #6 of 112

Or an update for Parasite Eve. I'd love to see that in next-gen graphics with an updated or remixed soundtrack.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cryell
Wark!

Member 34013

Level 1.21

Jul 2009

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:07 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 11:07 PM #7 of 112
How about a new Soul Blazer series game? Or Terranigma released in English on an NTSC system.
Yes, they definitely need to expand on that amazing series.

Also, Lufia. Hell yes, Lufia.

FELIPE NO
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:14 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 11:14 PM 3 #8 of 112

I mean come on! You got to fly around a bunch of floating islands in your awesome ship, make discoveries, explore impressive dungeons, recruit crew members to work on your ship, own your own base, and fight in epic ship battles. This game was so amazing and Sega need to get the development team responsible to create a new sequel on one of the 3 platforms. I think the Wii would be perfect for it, actually.

The 3 main characters had cameos in Valkyria Chronicles and some of the staff responsible for Skies worked on that project too. Come on, Sega! Make it happen!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cryell
Wark!

Member 34013

Level 1.21

Jul 2009

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:17 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 11:17 PM #9 of 112
Really? There were cameos of Vyse and all of them? Damn, I really need to get a PS3.

How ya doing, buddy?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:45 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 04:45 PM 4 #10 of 112

They're on the right track with the Door to Phantomile remake---a Klonoa 3 would be absolutely fantastic. With all the things consoles can do nowadays, with the varying interfaces and means by which to control what's happening on screen, there are so many things that a developer could do with the Klonoa formula. I wouldn't want them to change it too drastically, but it provides a great foundation to create a really fun platformer game for one of the current consoles (hell, even the DS could do wonders with it).

There is not a single person on this world who wouldn't want another JSR game, and consequently, another new soundtrack. The 360's just kinda sitting there waiting for Sega to create a Jet Set Radio Infinity or something (lame game name idea is not a reflection of this idea as a whole). This one would sell like hotcakes.

And of course:

'Sup Konami. Whenever you're ready.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:50 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 11:50 PM #11 of 112
Now the guy above me is a smart individual. I almost forgot Jet Set Radio Future.

And I purposely left out Klonoa. I know most of you people were expecting me to post that one. Fooled you, eh?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:23 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 11:23 AM #12 of 112
Another proper Suikoden game is a must of course and a PAL release of S3 wouldn't hurt (Or an American PSP release if they must, at least I could import it then).

I don't really see the point of straight re-makes of rpgs, unless they beef the fuck out of the graphics and sound. I mean, if I like an old game, I'll play the old game, I don't need it on a different platform to enjoy it again.

I'd like to see a modern remake of Quarantine, the PC game where you were a taxi driver only with guns and rockets and shit attached to your car. Game was fucking awesome.

I'd also like to see a sequel to Flashback, probably in glorious 3d with fuck off massive environments and shit like that.

And a proper sequel to Elite is the most overdue thing ever, ever, ever, ever although the fact that David Braben and Ian Bell aren't on speaking terms any more would make that a bit unlikely though, sadly. I know the trading was taken up by Eve Online and there have been things like Privateer but it'd be awesome to have a first-person space flight sim that had the scope of the original Elite but with planets round the systems and cities on the planets and so forth. It's have to be an online game using the direct streaming thing Dave Perry keeps banging on about because you'd never fit all that information on a disk but if it was released then I'd probably never leave the house again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
summonerkai
Ethereal Dreamer

Member 875

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:49 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 04:49 AM 1 #13 of 112
I dont think I can shout this from the rooftops enough:

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS!!!!!!!

Seriously it needs the graphics upgrade etc and of course "a proper sequel", the intricate story and mature feel to the game was soo incredible and the "advanced" offshoots are really nothing to do with this game I swear.

Other than that of course lets have an FF7 graphic remake but everyone knows that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:05 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 12:05 PM #14 of 112
I'm still waiting on Xenogears parts I, II, III, IV and VI.

Terranigma and Illusion of Gaia redrawn in gorgeous 1080p would be nice, too, provided they DIDN'T FUCK WITH ANYTHING ELSE.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:49 AM #15 of 112
Well, they can't fuck up IoG TOO bad, since there's already an optional dungeon/special boss.

Except it's not completely soul crushingly difficult.

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:28 AM 1 #16 of 112
You just reminded me how much I want a new JSRF game. Holy crap. And a Skies of Arcadia remake would be great since I never got my hands on the original.

Dark Cloud 3, anyone? The series had a shitty start, but Dark Cloud 2 was amazing, so I'm sure they could make 3 even better. Make it happen.

Kojima, I'll have your balls if I don't get ZOE3 on my PS3 soon. There's no reason why it shouldn't exist.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:56 AM #17 of 112
ZOE3 will star Raiden on the Wii (comes with wearable plastic robo dong that you attach Wii Motion Plus to FOR REAL ROBOT 3D ACTION) and will be 5 hours of cut scenes and 1 hour of gameplay. It will also be a party game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:11 AM #18 of 112
I would pretty much agree with the choices in the first post as well as rival schools and ZOE3. I don't care if ZOE3 is full of cutscenes, I still want my high flying, fast paced robot action. There aren't enough jet boosting crotch shot robots nowadays.

I would also say I want a sequel to Legend of Legaia but they ruined it with Legaia 2.
Oh and FFXIII, how great would that be >_>

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:08 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 08:08 AM 1 #19 of 112

ActRaiser is such an awesome action/simulation game. I think an update could expand the simulation aspect a bit more to make it deeper and the action portions would be in 3D probably something similar in gameplay to Devil May Cry or God of War. Make it happen SquareEnix! I know how much you guys love rereleases and remakes! Please?

Demon's Crest. I seriously love that game. The opening is pretty damn cool, just immediately throwing you into the fray and have to learn the controls on the spot. At the time the game seemed like a mix of Castlevania IV and Metroid, which is a good combination and one that Castlevania ran with. For the remake I'd love a bit more exploration with some more RPG elements and I'm sure the gameplay will be similar to Devil May Cry/God of War again. Which is not a bad couple of games to emulate.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:12 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 04:12 PM 1 #20 of 112
Refering to a picture without naming the game tends to alienate people who browse with images turned off.

It also tends to make you look like an idiot when the image link is broken.

Just saying.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:28 AM #21 of 112
I agree wholeheartedly on the Jet Set Radio thing, but personally I think it might benefit from some Wii waggle action. Take the fast paced action of JSRF and bring back the gesture-based tagging of the first one and you could have gold if implemented correctly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:41 AM 1 #22 of 112
I'll probably get smacked for this, but I'd like to see a Mega Man Legends 3. I enjoyed the first one and while the 2nd one wasn't as good, I still had fun with that. However, people would probably bitch about it getting a sequel and not a "more-deserving" Capcom game series.

Chrono Trigger needs a remake or sequel, not a port with added content. The remake should give you the option to listen to the original soundtrack or switch to the new remixed music. Update the graphics, keep the dialogue the same from the SNES and PS1 versions, and you don't necessarily have to add voices in there. The sequel should involve a new adventure with Crono and friends, not an entirely different cast.

Also, I'm not sure if this would count but I'm still waiting on a new Starfox.

Yeldarb
River Chocobo

Member 4464

Level 24.63

Apr 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:10 AM #23 of 112
Yes, supersonic, yes. Megaman Legends needs a third installment. The second game was kinda subpar in that the town environments were a bit lacking. I will say that the digs were more entertaining and exciting than in MML, but I couldn't get over the fact that Megaman was voiced by Susan Roman.

I never finished Dark Cloud 2 and I hate myself for it, but I would gladly run laps if a Dark Cloud 3 was ever announced. Like Ultima said, Dark Cloud wasn't a very good game, but it wasn't bad either. It just didn't have all the extras that 2 did. Plus, 2's style was pleasing.

Regarding ZOE3, what Shenlon said.

I wish they had JSRF in the Marketplace so that I could play without having to drag out the old brick of an xbox and mucking about through its menus. A sequel to JSRF would make my day, but, at most, I only see a LIVE Arcade sequel/version to be the likeliest releasing.

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:27 AM #24 of 112

Dark Cloud 3, anyone? The series had a shitty start, but Dark Cloud 2 was amazing, so I'm sure they could make 3 even better. Make it happen.
Sorry, they're busy working on other amazing games like White Knight Chronicles.

Spoiler:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:29 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 11:29 AM #25 of 112
Shenmue. End of thread It cost a fuckton to make, and it was pretty well-received in Japan. However, it did a face-plant in the states. Its Dreamcast dub was horrendous, but I got Shenmue 2's UK release on DC (has JP voices which are actually tolerable).

Shemue 2 needs a sequel. Seriously It has Yakuza as its spiritual successor, but it just doesn't feel the same. Plus, in the way of Shenmue, Yakuza is face-planting in the states. I doubt we'll get #3... And the PS3 fucking NEEDS money-grabbing titles. The third probably has a recap like the second game did (in order to help folks catch up). God damn, I want to play that. But that's another topic

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Games that "ABSOLUTELY" deserve a remake or sequel.