Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] The GFF Gamers Month

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 02:38 AM Local time: May 29, 2009, 12:38 AM #201 of 211
it was still a lot of fun finding and combining the djinn.
Combining: totally agree with you there; I spent a stupid amount of time messing with the djinn. I really do like the system, honestly, except for the part where it lets you defeat all non-boss monsters in one turn without getting damaged, making the random battles a terrible drag.

Finding, though, I'm glad you enjoyed combing for the random encounter djinn, because the rest of us hit GameFAQs instead of spending an interminable time entering battles on every square inch of the overworld trying to find things that the game never even gives you a hint of the location of.

While I'm posting, I will also agree with Hawkeye about the graphics being good, specifically the battle graphics. I'm honestly pretty surprised he didn't point them out, because when I was first playing the game, I was dumbstruck that visuals that good were coming out of a handheld system. Huge sprites with a bunch of different animations for different attacks, and my lord, the animations for the summons and higher level spells.

I will stand by the rest of my smarmy badmouthing, though, because not even those high points are enough to compensate for the horrendous blandness of the game in every other aspect.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 04:04 AM Local time: May 29, 2009, 10:04 AM 2 2 #202 of 211
This is why we check these things before we write them. I mean really, I could care less if we continue to take language for granite. It's sort of a mute point anyway. Then again, I could rapidly do a 360 on the subject and come to a new perspective. I may just be using Hawkeye as an escape goat, though. His usage of english literally makes my head want to explode though. Literally.
Oh the irony.

You know the phrase is couldn't care less right?

Because otherwise you're indicating that you do in fact care quite a bit.

Which isn't what you were trying to say.

Glass houses, stones, I'll leave you to fill in the blanks sweetie.

I'm going to assume you deliberately put escape goat instead of scapegoat, which is one word and refers to a goat that was driven off, not one that escaped.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 08:54 AM Local time: May 29, 2009, 06:54 AM #203 of 211
Wow, Shin. Just wow.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 08:59 AM Local time: May 29, 2009, 06:59 AM #204 of 211
Maybe he's going, like, covert sarcastic. I don't see how he could have missed "take language for granite" if he himself wasn't joking.

...Maybe?

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 09:08 AM Local time: May 29, 2009, 02:08 PM 2 #205 of 211
Oh the irony.

You know the phrase is couldn't care less right?

Because otherwise you're indicating that you do in fact care quite a bit.

Which isn't what you were trying to say.

Glass houses, stones, I'll leave you to fill in the blanks sweetie.

I'm going to assume you deliberately put escape goat instead of scapegoat, which is one word and refers to a goat that was driven off, not one that escaped.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 09:09 AM #206 of 211
"Mute point", not "moot point"?

Better luck next time, Shin.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 09:19 AM 2 #207 of 211
Also I'm out of post ratings for today, Pang's getting a diss from me tomorrow.
Look at mo0 pretending he's 100% punctual all the time

FELIPE NO
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 03:02 AM #208 of 211
Look at mo0 pretending he's 100% punctual all the time
Hey man I was running SAUS too and I wrote my article

Don't hate

Point to note: Never did diss you

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 02:37 PM Local time: May 31, 2009, 04:07 PM #209 of 211
The GFF Gamers month is officially over except for Pang's review, but you know he's been busy and I totally respect that. It just goes to show you that I've completely lost my mind. I think its coming from working too much. 168 hours of work over a 14 day period can wear you down. I totally forgot that May had 31 days, and I had this gamers month set up for only 30 days. My bad.

I just want to take time to give thanks to the people that made this such a great event.

Colonel Skills: I had initially had brought this idea to him, and he gave me the go ahead and the confidence to actually go for the idea. I was kind of a bit skeptical at first if the idea would of panned out. He kept egging me on to go ahead with it. I probably wouldn't have went ahead with the idea if skills didn't think it was a good idea to begin with.

All The Members that Participated: An event is only as good as the people that put the time and effort into it. You know each article that got put into the thread each and every day during month showed us different perspectives into some of the games that we've actually played. Out of all the games that I've seen over the last month, there is quite a few I haven't played and judging by how other people have described them I'm definitely going to give some of them a whirl.

I just want to give some stories of the rest of the games that have been mentioned:

Supersonic's Game: I fell into the same trap that you did Supersonic. This game fell completely out of my radar, and I actually didn't get a chance to play this gem until 2001. I was chatting to one of my gamer friends, and we were having a conversation about the snes. I was telling him how much, I loved playing final fantasy III, and he asked me if I had ever played Chrono Trigger. I had told him that I have heard of people mentioning it before, but I had never played it before.

That comment pissed him off a little bit, he told me I couldn't have an appreciation for rpg's until I actually played this game. He went to his room and let me borrow his snes Chrono Trigger cart, and that I could hold onto it until I actually beat the game. I played it and it was yet again one of those rpg's that I couldn't put down.

I still don't think it is my favorite rpg for the snes. Final Fantasy III still holds that honor, but one thing I liked about this game is that it was incredibly well paced. Nothing ever felt forced or tedious. I don't ever recall any time in that game I ever had to do any grinding, there were a few boss fights i had a hard time with when I first played the game, but after the losing to them during the first try, I beat them after the second or third try. I think Magus was actually one of the fights I had a little bit of trouble with until I figured out his pattern.

It isn't even a very long rpg, and that's one of the reasons why it played at a very good pace. I was happy to see it get released for the DS, because it gave a new generation of gamers a chance to play this wonderful game. It was only within the last few months I managed to find a snes copy of the game. I own the snes version, the final fantasy chronicles version, and the DS version. It is a wonderful game and if anybody collectos snes games, it deserves to have a spot in that collection.

Tritoch's Game: A game that I don't own Tritoch, but a game that will eventually be added to ever increasing collection of anime style games. I have a lot of the shin megami tensei games, but none from DDS. It doesn't even concern me with how expensive they are, I will be getting the collectors box set for the first one, but one thing I'm wondering Tritoch, I've seen DDS 2 in two cases with different front artwork; Is one more valuable than the other.

GB's Game: It is the same thing with Tritoch's game. It is a game that i don't own, but one that I will definitely obtain. I had only ever completed the original breath of fire, and I have played a great portion of breath of fire III, but I hadn't touched the series ever since. I heard a lot of people give me mixed reviews about this game in particular GB, but with some of the things you have described with this game. It has got me interested in the breath of fire series again.

Krelen's Game: In my eyes the grand-daddy of any and all rpg gaming (personal opinion), but it has been my favorite rpg of all time and nothing has come close to dethroning it.

Words can't really describe how much I love this game, and the only reason I even bothered to play this game was because of my love of mecha style anime back in my university days. I had come across this game accidentally, I was just walking down one of the halls at my college residence, and passed by a guys room who had his door open. Didn't know him, and I was hearing really intense music from the game he was playing. I asked if he would mind if I actually watched him play. He said that he wouldn't mind, so I sat in this chair completely mesmerized by an rpg that had anime cut scenes, and was using giant robots.

He was playing the second disc on xenogears and even though I didn't see much gameplay, I sat in his room watching him play xenogears right up to the final dungeon. I was in his room for about 6 hours and he didn't mind one bit. I was completely lost in terms of the story. I didn't understand anything that was going on. He tried to fill in the blanks as best he could. The moment I watched him play this game, I never seen him play it again. I had watched him playing other games because i didn't have a video game system with in university during my first year back in 1999.

I had talked to one of my gaming friends about it a few days later, and he was telling me so many great things about that game. I never had a chance to own it until 2002. I had paid $150 for the black label version fo the game and the guide from ebay. I just wanted to play it so bad, and then I got to enjoy the story from start to finish.

Even though the game had its problems, some of the most horrible and off-sync dubbing I've ever seen in my entire life, and obviously the second disc was rushed it never for one second ruined my experience with this game.

The only dungeon I ever really hated in the game, was the sewer level, I found that level so confusing and really incredibly long. I was really happy to get out of the kislev prison once and for all.

I had thought that I had fully conquered this game, and there was nothing that I missed in that game. I believed that for almost 4 years, then I came across this youtube video.

YouTube Video

I thought you couldn't beat this guy. You had to intentionally lose this battle. Even if you defeat him I didn't think you could get a special item. So because of that I'm playing this game over just to kill this guy to get the slayer robe.

Above all else, it has some of the most beautiful gaming music I've ever listened to. Some of my favorite tracks throughout the entire xenogears soundtrack are Omen, Bond of Sea & Fire, and small two of pieces - restored pieces. As pathetic as this is, small two of pieces was the wedding song me and wife had our first dance as husband and wife.

That's it for now. I'll get the rest of the games over the next day or two. All the same thanks for everybody for making this such a fun and incredible event.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 04:21 PM #210 of 211
Originally Posted by Angel of Light
It doesn't even concern me with how expensive they are, I will be getting the collectors box set for the first one, but one thing I'm wondering Tritoch, I've seen DDS 2 in two cases with different front artwork; Is one more valuable than the other.
DDS2 has a reversable slip cover, so the two different artworks just mean that someone's turned it over. It comes with the yellow side out, showing all the main characters in demon form standing on a mound or something. Flipped its cover is similar to the first DDS' but with Sera instead of Serph.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2009, 02:34 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2009, 01:34 AM #211 of 211
ADDENDUM TIME!!!

So, since I posted my MI review, two new HUGE announcements in the series have happened. We're getting a new entry and a remake of the initial entry. I updated my review, but if you just want the links, see below:

Telltale Games - Tales of Monkey Island <-- New Entry
LucasArts.com | The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition <-- SE of Secret of Monkey Island

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] The GFF Gamers Month