Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] The GFF Gamers Month

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:04 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2009, 09:04 PM #51 of 211
Console specific would be rad.

- Atari Lynx
- Atari Lynx 2

Then we celebrate the first successful GFF Gamers Month and have little cupcakes in large quantities.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:08 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2009, 07:38 AM #52 of 211
Actually, thinking about it Angel, can you move me up to earlier in the month, say the slot of the 10th? No worries if not, but cheers otherwise.

As for the game choices, are we supposed to be picking titles that are less likely to get a mention? Or just our favourites?
That is not a problem Omagnus, I have you put on May the 10th.I hope that is satisfactory.

In terms of the game choices, its completely open ended. You can pick titles that you absolutely love or you can pick a title that is least likely to get a mention.

For Example, the game I have picked out is an all time favorite of mine, but its a game that I have not seen mention on this forum over the time I've been on here. I think its a great game and that is one of the reasons why I'm choosing it to see what other people feel about the game and see if it can open up any discussion. So my game is a little obscure but I think its a great game nonetheless.

Anybody is totally welcome to pick out a game that best suits their knowledge and dedication toward it.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:31 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2009, 11:31 AM #53 of 211
When you say confirmed on the front page, is that relating to date soley, or to game choice? (If so, which of my two is confirmed?)

As for the actual discussion itself on each day, is the format freeform (i.e. we make it up), or is there a general outline you want people to follow?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:34 AM #54 of 211
o.o' Just um... one game for one day for one month in a year in GFF? ;__; Ah well. Sign me up for the sixth.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:45 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2009, 12:45 PM 2 #55 of 211
As for the actual discussion itself on each day, is the format freeform (i.e. we make it up), or is there a general outline you want people to follow?
Minimum 4,500 words, opening executive summary and full foot-noted references. No images used without the express permission of the copyright owners and full artists credits to be given at the end of the article.

FELIPE NO
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:46 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2009, 08:16 AM #56 of 211
When you say confirmed on the front page, is that relating to date soley, or to game choice? (If so, which of my two is confirmed?)

Sorry Omagnus, confirmed means just the game has been chosen by the said member. I want to play it carefully because obviously people's schedules may change so I want to trying to be accommodating as much as possible when it comes to the dates.

I think it would be best if the format was freeform, because each person is going to look at each game differently. So they can say whatever they want about it. I don't want to restrict what people can say about their game. In terms of a general outline. This is what I'm thinking

1.) Game
2.) Picture of the Game (Box/Case Art)
3.) Publisher & Release Date
4.) Brief History
5.) Brief Review
6.) Some of your personal experiences with the game, such as favorite boss fights, wtf moments, or any other funny stories that have come with this game.
7.) Conclusion

This is just a general formula and doesn't have to be followed right to a tee. I'm not restricting. Always remember its your game and your welcome to say whatever you want about it.

o.o' Just um... one game for one day for one month in a year in GFF? ;__; Ah well. Sign me up for the sixth.
Sorry about the 6th being taken Meia, would you like to select another date if you don't mind me asking. You can see what dates are available on the front page.

Additional Spam:

I'm heading off to work guys, so I'll be off the forum for the next 12 hours but if you have any questions or ways we can improve on this event, just leave them on the forum or send a pm, I'll try to respond best I can.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Angel of Light; Apr 14, 2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: More Information
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:50 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 11:20 PM #57 of 211
First & foremost I want to apologize about double-posting in this thread. With the Gamers Month coming up in about 2 days. I just wanted to let everyone know that your first game selection is good for everybody.

We still have three people that haven't sent me their selection for their game yet. They are aware that they still need to send me a selection, but I do understand that they're busy and they'll send their pick in due time.

We still got three slots open, so if we don't get any new participants; if any member wants to have a second day in which they can talk about their second game, just let me know and pick out one of the dates that are still available.

Meia, has expressed interest that she wanted to be a part of this, but the date that she wanted was unavailable so I haven't received any word from her if she still wanted to be in this. I'll send her a pm shortly.

So on May 1st, I'll have a new thread created and the only thing you can post in that thread will be your game, on whatever day you fall under. Just make sure that when you finish writing that you want to say about your particular game you let them know that any discussion concerning your game will take place in this existing thread.

As well, just to play it safe I'll send a pm to each member on the day your game is suppose to be talked about. I don't think it will come to that, but with me gone for 12 hours each day. I just want to make sure that nobody forgets.

So if I am missing anything or if there is anything at all that is unclear, please let know. Lets make this fun event for all the GFF community. Take care everybody. All the best.

Additional Info:

Sprout had to back out due to other responsibilities, which I totally understand. Meia decided to sign up for it afterall, So we're back down to 3 slots available.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Angel of Light; Apr 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 01:56 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 11:56 PM #58 of 211
I know this is VERY LAST MINUTE but have we thought about making a subforum for this? Or are we going to run all the threads in the root Video Gaming forum? I would think it would be far too cluttered and I'm wondering if we can't use the Front Page Articles forum so that the front page on Gamingforce.org actually shows our respective day.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:20 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 01:20 AM #59 of 211
If you had noticed in the OP, you'd realize it was a two thread setup, like Metal Month.

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:21 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 03:51 AM #60 of 211
I know this is VERY LAST MINUTE but have we thought about making a subforum for this? Or are we going to run all the threads in the root Video Gaming forum? I would think it would be far too cluttered and I'm wondering if we can't use the Front Page Articles forum so that the front page on Gamingforce.org actually shows our respective day.
To be honest, Enceph I thought it was the general consensus was that we would have two threads for this event. One thread to in which everybody's would be posting their description of their game and the other thread in which any discussion concerning a person's game would go there.

I think it is a great idea, I'll be posting my game in the next couple of hours, but I need to get some sleep first. I kind of wish I knew about this earlier but hey its not a big deal. If a moderator sees this post and puts your suggestion to work, Enceph I won't have any problems with it, but I think in the meantime we'll be doing it how sprout's did his metal month in community commons.

Oh fuck it, I'll get my game posted now while I'm still awake. My game is up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Angel of Light; May 1, 2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: New Information
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:37 AM #61 of 211
Is there still time to sign up for this? I see a couple of available days in the OP but it hasn't been updated in a while. I'll take the 28th if it's still available, that should give me plenty of time to decide on something.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:40 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 12:40 AM #62 of 211
I just came across this too. I'd like to participate.

If not, well... no big deal I suppose. I'll take whatever spots are left if I can still sign up.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:54 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 08:54 AM 2 #63 of 211
If a moderator sees this post and puts your suggestion to work, Enceph
Yeah, you better hope a mod spots that, Paco.

Most amazing jew boots
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 06:04 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 07:34 AM #64 of 211
Is there still time to sign up for this? I see a couple of available days in the OP but it hasn't been updated in a while. I'll take the 28th if it's still available, that should give me plenty of time to decide on something.
Yeah that's fine Pang. I was hoping to get those spots filled anyway. I'll put you down for the 28th. Just try to get your game choice to me as soon as possible, just to make sure the game you picked isn't taken by anybody else. Take it easy.

I just came across this too. I'd like to participate.

If not, well... no big deal I suppose. I'll take whatever spots are left if I can still sign up.
Your more than welcome to DN. You'll have the last day available which will be on May 16th, and as I just said to Shin. Just try to send me your game choice as soon as possible because I want to make sure nobody has your game selected.

Yeah, you better hope a mod spots that, Paco.
Lack of Sleep, Shin. Lack of Sleep. Ahh, fuck it I need my blond moment for this moment for this week anyway.

All right guys all slots are taken, Worm wanted to post a second game if nobody was going to take any more of the slots. So technically there is one slot available, worm doesn't mind if the game is bumped, if it compensates for somebody new to sign up.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 09:39 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 07:39 PM #65 of 211
If you had noticed in the OP, you'd realize it was a two thread setup, like Metal Month.
To be honest, Enceph I thought it was the general consensus was that we would have two threads for this event. One thread to in which everybody's would be posting their description of their game and the other thread in which any discussion concerning a person's game would go there.
That's right. I completely spaced on that one. Sorry guys. Carry on as planned. I'm writing mine tonight because I'll be driving to Santa Cruz tomorrow and I'll post it before I leave (approx. 2:00pm PST), if that's OK with everyone.

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 10:33 PM Local time: May 2, 2009, 12:03 AM #66 of 211
That's right. I completely spaced on that one. Sorry guys. Carry on as planned. I'm writing mine tonight because I'll be driving to Santa Cruz tomorrow and I'll post it before I leave (approx. 2:00pm PST), if that's OK with everyone.
That's fine Enceph, you take your time with it. At least I won't have to send you a pm, but I look forward to reading what you have to say about your game.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 12:21 PM Local time: May 2, 2009, 10:21 AM #67 of 211
Alright, I posted my game and stuck the thread so that it's easy for us all to find it. Really loving that game choice, by the way, Angel of Light.

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 10:27 PM Local time: May 2, 2009, 11:57 PM #68 of 211
Alright, I posted my game and stuck the thread so that it's easy for us all to find it. Really loving that game choice, by the way, Angel of Light.
Thanks Enceph, I guess I'm a bit of an old school gamer at heart, but you did a great review with your choice as well. I feel a bit ashamed that I've actually never ever played rock band even though I have a lot of friends that own it. I think I should definitely give it a try. I don't care what I have to do as long as I don't have to sing. I may not be a fan of a lot of the music on the game, but I got a fucked up music taste to begin with.

More Info: I got DN's game selection, still waiting for a few more people. I don't want to be a nuisance, just whenever the leftover people have a spare moment.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Angel of Light; May 2, 2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: More Info
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2009, 12:08 AM #69 of 211
Mine's posted up. Mine was mostly just personal experience with the game and stuff.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 12:08 AM #70 of 211
Acer. Jesus christ. Type moar~ Talk about setting the bar higher and higher.

Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 12:50 AM 1 #71 of 211
I don't see a single thing bouncing, Acer. ...I prop for LPs, though.

I loved the original NES Zelda for its utter lack of direction ("Here's a 128-screen overworld. Find shit."), but LttP upped the ante in both number and variety of hidden trinkets. It's great how you're rewarded for exploration with items that make your life easier but are completely unnecessary for beating the game. I kinda miss how knowledge of secrets and tricks would spread by word-of-mouth back then instead of via FAQs on the Internet.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 12:54 AM Local time: May 4, 2009, 11:54 PM #72 of 211
Oh my god. I love all you people so much. We could have 20 remaining entries of FF7 and how awesome cloud's hair is and I don't think it could possibly be tarnished.

Fucking fantastic so far.

Must find a way to make mine some semblance of unique.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 01:05 AM Local time: May 4, 2009, 11:05 PM #73 of 211
Although props are most definitely deserved to Acer for his Link to the Past post, I think the real standout so far is Worm's review of Battletoads. I hope you guys all live up to this.

Old May 5, 2009, 01:35 AM #74 of 211
Yeah, I was going to model mine after Worm's but as I tried I remembered our days in English together and how I'm not really all that good at being verbose and intelligent like him so I'd be better off doing my own thing - run-ons be damned. I'll just type how I think.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2009, 01:37 AM #75 of 211
Oh my god. I love all you people so much. We could have 20 remaining entries of FF7 and how awesome cloud's hair is and I don't think it could possibly be tarnished.

Fucking fantastic so far.

Must find a way to make mine some semblance of unique.
I think everyone wanted to be different because they knew they would be chastised if they chose Final Fantasy.

If they do choose one, it better be a damn good post. o__o

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] The GFF Gamers Month