Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Portal (Delicious Cake)

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 12:02 AM 1 #126 of 130
The guys who made the Flash version of Portal now have an accompanying map pack for the Steam version: Portal: The Flash Version MapPack for Portal

I've yet to play it (though I will shortly) but if it is anything like the Flash version I will enjoy it lotsly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:29 PM 1 #127 of 130
Hey look I'm bumping this thread again.

With good reason.

Map packs are always nice, though the author of this one says his is an unofficial prequel, which is funny because Valve announced an official prequel (according to the link). I'm hearing so far that it's difficult, which is not a complaint to me.

(Can anyone else recommend any other maps or map packs?)

FELIPE NO

Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:29 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2008, 12:29 AM #128 of 130
Ooooooh. Thanks Dope, you just gave me something to do!

I have no idea about other map packs, but it sounds like this is the best of all that's out there.

Edit: Welp, installer went boom when it got to installing file background_04.bsp. Guess I won't be playing this after all. At least not until the installer and my computer can play nice together.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Animechanic; Oct 9, 2008 at 07:43 AM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2010, 02:35 PM #129 of 130
NECROMANCY FOR JUSTICE:

Portal is now available on the Mac, more than doubling the Mac's library of worthwhile games.

Furthermore, it's available for FREE on both Mac and PC until May 24th. Granted, anyone who owns a PC should already own Portal, but maybe you just bought your first ever computer today! Maybe you're constantly short on cash! Maybe you're just a cheap asshole! Now's your chance!

CLICK THIS YOU DUMB STUPID IDIOT

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2010, 10:16 PM #130 of 130
They've been doing quite a few of those limited games now on steam. Seems like a clever strategy to pull people in, however, with portal it doesnt quite make sense, seeing as you literally finish it in 2 hours, if not less then that.

If they are indeed still working on Portal 2 it would explain the publicity for it, but I havent heard any news about that for quite some time now. Of course with valve you shouldnt fucking be surprised, since they are soooooooooooooooo slow with releasing stuff. Still waiting for Half-Life 2 episode 3!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Portal (Delicious Cake)