Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Post your Official Nintendo Wii thread in here
Closed Thread

Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:52 PM #1 of 13
Lightbulb Post your Official Nintendo Wii thread in here

Okay I'm really lazy. If you'd like to make the Official Nintendo Wii thread then whip one up and post it in here. Put some info, razzle dazzle, what have you in it. The post I like best will be moved and be made into the new Wii thread. If I don't like anyone's post then I can be at least a bit lazy and copy/snip from your threads and whip up something until I inevitably close the new Wii thread once more.

So have at you! Show me what you've got! >=O

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:02 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2007, 11:02 PM #2 of 13
THE WII IS GOOD. TALK ABOUT IT HERE.

You've got me, It's just a Gamecube!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:49 PM #3 of 13
o u card~

mayhaps since i lol'd but i shan't be hasty

moar

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:57 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2007, 10:57 PM #4 of 13
Can we just call it the "Official 'Waggle is next-gen' Thread"?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Aug 11, 2007 at 12:00 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 11, 2007, 01:16 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2007, 04:16 PM 3 #5 of 13
The CD-i Wii was designed by Nintendo and Kona-HIDEO KOJIMA. HIDEO KOJIMA productions presents a HIDEO KOJIMA video game system by HIDEO KOJIMA. The idea for the controller originally came to HIDEO KOJIMA in his special HIDEO KOJIMA branded bath developed and produced by HIDEO KOJIMA productions, but some people beat him to it a day earlier when they released Pong. HIDEO KOJIMA then remembered that he'd played the non-HIDEO KOJIMA developed game in HIDEO KOJIMA's wonderland arcade amusement park located in HIDEO KOJIMA's garage.

History

The Wii launched around the world late last year, even in Tasmania, where nobody lives. For the first time since 1963, Nintendo included a game. This game was: not important, as Excite Truck was around.

Excite Truck became the instant game of the year 2006 AND 2007 since it launched in PAL regions during 2009, it won Time magazines award for 'Best thing ever'. Iwata, the president of Donkey Kong, had his name placed in the magazines title to celebrate buying a sandwich. If you subscribe to Iwata Time for a year (that's 47 issues), you get a free empty plastic bag! The Wii was originally codenamed James Pond, but this name was already taken. Everyone joked about Wii, because it was urine. What a childish name for a video game system sounds like PEE LOLOLOLO. Adventures of Lolo, that is. The machine was a massive smash hit, selling eight units in a week.

Technical specifications

- GameCube
- 10.80 Gigaflops of Snowboarding
- 1 X Billy roundhouse kick
- DVD-ROM tape deck
- A flap that can be opened to mash a button when your controller stops working
- Super Lem

Kiddy non-game gimmick threatens your manhood drama controller

The Wii features a control pad that looks like something you'd find in a garage sale with a sticker saying 'NES with games and controller includes a cat, $20' except it has motion wiggle waggle technology hidden inside the core. If you swing the controller in say, Wii Sports, something will happen. Another bit attaches to the Wii controller, known as a 'nun'. She is pretty badass, let me tell you. A 'Classic Controller' is also avaliable in exchange for money. This is used for some exciting innovative PlayStation 2/Atari Jaguar ports such as Club Drive and Brutal: Paws of Fury. However, its main purpose is for the Virtual Console. THE WHAT?

The Virtual Console, you dick

In a world first, Nintendo has somehow found out a way to let you download old games. These are stored on the Wii's hard drive that doesn't exist, it can hold up to 1.44 MB of information. Each week new old games are put up from a number of retro good times Jukebox systems from Nintendo and their once bitter enemies. Including;

- Atari 7800
- PlayStation
- Sega Master System
- Panasonic 3DO
- Hard Drivin' arcade machine

These cost the consumer 'points' to download. Ranging from two and a half to over nine thousand. You can pick up Wii Points cards at local public toilets, much like condoms and the plague.

Mii, You, behind the glass window, now

A unique feature to the system is the Mii creation tool. This lets you design midget mutants with eyebrows that can take up the entire head, making them very true to life. Tell Captain N to go fuck himself, because now YOU'RE in the game! Your Mii can be used in games like Castlevania, Tetris, Castlevania and Castlevania, sent to others via the internet, or sit around a very creepy, lonely screen waiting for you to start up a game of Castlevania so you can break Simon Belmont's pretty boy mirror and laugh while crumbs spew out of your mouth.

The future

Unlike the Nintendo 64 and GameCube, third party support has been huge on Wii, with developers giving it their all. Let's explore some choice upcoming games!

Action Girlz Racing
Data Design has hyped this up as the Gran Turismo killer, and I think they may be right! Featuring action, girls with a z AND racing, this 3-in-1 value disc can't go wrong.

Brunswick Pro Bowling
Although the Wii came with a bowling game, this one has a different name. So you should pre-order a few copies, it's going to sell out for sure.

Chicken Shoot
What originally started as a free flash game turned GBA port has become a full.. port of the free flash game. BUT IT'S FOR WII! There is simply nothing better you could spend thirty American fun bucks on! FIVE LEVELS OF FUN!

Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
Often referred to as the worst PSP game ever made, it now comes to the Wii with a new level! Will it top BMX XXX? Well, nothing can. So no.

Samurai Wave
Featuring lush photo realistic environments, you must ride the wave of samurais by slashing them across the face with your blade of fury.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:59 AM #6 of 13
Hmmm... maybe a section with some links to stuff and it'll be perfect.

Please edit old versions with spoiler tags and post new versions in a separate post.

I'll wait a day and see what the rest of you maggots can come up with. Infernal is winning this contest so far.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:40 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2007, 03:40 PM #7 of 13
Nintendo Wii
Global Wii Site
Official Wii Site (Japanese)
Official Wii Site (English)
Official Wii Site (French)

Console

Wii Remotes

Nunchuk + Wii Controller

Classic Controller + Wii Controller

Wii Zapper

Specifications:

Processors:

• CPU: PowerPC based "Broadway" processor, made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, reportedly clocked at 729 MHz
• GPU: ATI "Hollywood" GPU made with a 90 nm CMOS process, reportedly clocked at 243 MHz

Memory:

• 88 MiB main memory (24 MiB "internal" 1T-SRAM integrated into graphics package, 64 MiB "external" GDDR3 SDRAM)
• 3 MiB embedded GPU texture memory and framebuffer.

Storage:

• 512 MiB built-in NAND flash memory
• Expanded storage via SD card memory (up to 2 GB)
• Nintendo GameCube Memory Card (required for GameCube game saves)
• Slot-loading disc drive compatible with 8 cm Nintendo GameCube Game Disc and 12 cm Wii Optical Disc
• Mask ROM by Macronix

Video:

• 480p (PAL/NTSC), 480i (NTSC) or 576i (PAL/SECAM), standard 4:3 and 16:9 anamorphic widescreen[49]
• Component (including Progressive scan), RGB SCART (PAL only), S-Video (NTSC only), composite output, or D-Terminal

Audio:

• Main: Stereo – Dolby Pro Logic II-capable[51]
• Controller: Built-in speaker

Contents:

• Nintendo Wii Console
• Wii Remote (with strap)
• Nunchuk Controller
• AC Adapter (110V*)
• AV Cable
• Stand
• Auxiliary Plate
• Sensor Bar
• Sensor Bar Stand
• AA Battery (x2)

* Voltage will depend on your location.

Release:

The Nintendo Wii was released in Japan on December 2, America on November 19, Australia/New Zealand on December 7 and Europe on December 8. It is the fifth console from Nintendo and their entry into the seventh generation of the gaming industry.

Sales:

Currently (August 2006) the Wii is slightly behind the Xbox 360, which was released over a year previously to rhe Wii, although it's ahead of the PS3 in total sales. The monthly numbers of the Wii have been higher than its competition, worldwide. The Wii sold more units in America than the 360 and PS3 has combind for 2007. This lead is higher in Japan, where the Wii is outselling the Xbox 360 6:1, and the PS3 4:1.

Backwards Compatibility:

The Nintendo Wii is backwards compatible with all Gamecube games providing they're the same region format as the Wii they're playing on. For example, using an American Nintendo Wii (NTSC) with an American Gamecube title (NTSC) will run. However, backwards compatibility is not region free, so imported titles are unable to run without illegal modification of the Wii (voids warranty).

See also:

Virtual Console Thread
Nintendo DS Thread
Wii Friend Code Thread
Current List of Wii Games

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Elixir; Aug 12, 2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:47 PM #8 of 13
Not bad, lix. However, I'd recommend that you link to the Wii Friend Codes thread that we have. That gfwiki article is hardly up to date and its creation is rather unwarranted in my opinion.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:40 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2007, 04:40 PM #9 of 13
Updated, I guess.

I tried to keep it as short as possible because nobody likes reading long stuff. I'm probably not going to be adding more.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:16 PM #10 of 13
You should probably add the official picture of the Zapper, since the one you have there is a prototype.

Infernal still wins, though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 08:46 AM #11 of 13
I'm thinking of combining the two in some kind of unholy matrimony of twisted love. What will spawn from this!? D=

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kanzaki
Chocobo

Member 16476

Level 9.00

Dec 2006

Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:25 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2007, 10:25 PM #12 of 13
I want a black remote. Anyone knows if Nintendo mentioned anything about other colors?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 02:34 PM #13 of 13
I've changed my mind. Maybe next time, Gadget. Next time.

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/vi...hiny-prat.html

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] Post your Official Nintendo Wii thread in here