Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Hardest game(s) you've ever played

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:10 PM #101 of 134
Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time. Eventually, you find out that there's ACTUALLY A GAME in there besides just clicking away at stuff and giggling. Probably the worst game ever for "what in the fuck am I supposed to do," even more so than some of the retarded hidden stars in Mario Sunshine that most people would never find without a walkthrough.

And let's not forget how fuck'n hard Chrono Trigger was. God, I don't think I know ANYBODY who has beaten this game. It's all just bosses and mini-bosses, and fights. So difficult. I hear that if you're good enough to beat the game TWICE there's SPECIAL SEKRIT ENDINGZ, CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?

I'm also the retard who has beaten E.T. for the Atari 2600. With all the switches turned all the way to the right!

Also, since I suck at schmups SO HARD I don't think I'll ever get past the first level of Ikaruga, so I don't know what the hell y'all are talking about "fair."
Protip: When you first start the game, keep fighting normal enemies until you are level 10. Then go into the castle.

Protip: Level up to level **

Protip: With Ayla, keep stealing power tabs in the Ocean Palace. Then, build your strength up to **

And no one mentioned CastleQuest?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:19 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2009, 06:19 PM 1 #102 of 134
He's joking Mortis.

Man, you're like the white version of Zerg.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:43 PM #103 of 134
Other fuck'n hard games:
A Link to the Past: I can't get past the first castle. I heard there's some button you can use to attack the guards before they bump you into those fuck'n drops.

Super Mario Bros. 2:
God, why do I have to choose between four people? I can't decide!!!!!! Is there a game?

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:50 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2009, 06:50 PM #104 of 134
Which isn't to say your first joke was funny. But hell, milk it for all it's worth.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:57 PM #105 of 134
S'what I do.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2009, 08:34 PM #106 of 134
He's joking Mortis.

Man, you're like the white version of Zerg.
But............I dunno, that's all I got.

Additional Spam:
Other fuck'n hard games:
A Link to the Past: I can't get past the first castle. I heard there's some button you can use to attack the guards before they bump you into those fuck'n drops.

Super Mario Bros. 2:
God, why do I have to choose between four people? I can't decide!!!!!! Is there a game?
Protip: Use a game genie

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by mortis; Aug 6, 2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Peter Benders
Wark!

Member 33803

Level 1.60

Jun 2009

Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:23 PM 1 #107 of 134
hard

it has to be mafia...the game was so tough that i could not avoid getting frustrated....ultimately i would ..use cheats...to advance....anyway keep posting....

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:28 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2009, 08:28 PM 1 #108 of 134
it has to be mafia...the game was so tough that i could not avoid getting frustrated....ultimately i would ..use cheats...to advance....anyway keep posting....
please... learn how to... post like a .... real human being.... robot man... from the future.... albeit... a future where... retards have bred... a super retard... like... made up of... other... lesser... retards.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

aku08

I love L4D

Member 34041

Level 2.12

Jul 2009

Old Aug 8, 2009, 04:05 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2009, 09:05 PM #109 of 134
Hm... one of my hardest games is Left 4 Dead on Expert and Timeshift

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 01:20 AM #110 of 134
Having to answer with Call of Duty 2 on Veteran difficulty probably indicates that I need to play more games.

Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:35 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 02:35 AM #111 of 134

Super Ghouls and Ghosts (or in catchy Jap "Super Demon World Village")
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The game has since gained an almost cult status for what many find an incredible difficulty.
Worthless controls, crazy double jumps, jumps with no visible landing point, multi-story bosses that rain fire from non-visible sources, 2 hit death max, and a main character that moves like molasses next to a host of lightning quick enemies.

First quest, godamn hard, but not impossible. Golden Armor and Magic Bow for the win. Slow going on bosses, but worth it for the levels.

But wait, there's more. To get the true ending, and fight the actual last boss, you need to complete the entire game,...again. And using a awful weapon with no magic and a range less than two character widths.

I owned this game for nearly as long as my SNES, and only beat it shortly before the PSX came out.

---

A close runner up would be:
YouTube Video

(NES) Ninja Gaiden.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't have the uniformity of absoludicrousness. Really, the game only gets awful after you start running into the god-forsaken flying ninjas. Then its hair pulling time.

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:51 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 02:51 AM #112 of 134
The first game that comes to my mind is MDK2, but that might just be because I played it when it was first released, and wasn't as good at games then as I am now.

Anybody else with me?

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 09:32 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 09:32 AM #113 of 134
There have been lots of games I've nodded my head to as I've lurked this thread, but MDK2 was a giant pain in the ass. Maybe a year or so ago, I picked up the PS2 version and tried to play it again and it still poses a challenge. Funny as hell, though.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
MeTaL_oRgY
Good Chocobo

Member 375

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:14 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 11:14 AM #114 of 134
That's AWESOME music there.

Hardest game that comes to mind is Zelda: The Adventure of Link for the Nes. Man that game was hard. I blame it on the weird controlls, though.

As far as hard, and not flawed games go, I found the Lolo series for the nes pretty challenging at the time. Also, the darned Kickle Cubicle

YouTube Video

Past the main story and having rescued the King (or princess, can't really remember), you have a whole new world ahead of you. Those damn leves were really challenging.

Also...

YouTube Video

greatPumpkin
Carob Nut

Member 34092

Level 4.12

Jul 2009

Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:08 PM #115 of 134
oh weird, my post diappeared... o.O anyhoo.

apparantely, i need to post some reasons so here it goes.
SNES:
actraiser 2: lots of one kill traps and hard-to-kill enemies. lots of mini bosses with difficult mazes.

PCEngine:
echo : you have limited speed and slow ammo and fast, hard-to-kill enemies
mr heli's advenature : strangely the 2nd main boss is one of the more difficult sprites than any other bosses after. it's large, it's fast and it drains life fast
rtype : i think it can be compared to ikagura or metal slug that sometimes there are just so many things to dodge that it's not as enjoyable or ... strategic persay.

i try not to confuse with games that are not hard but just didn't finish the
the last stage.

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:37 AM #116 of 134
Toss up between Metal Slug 3 and Shinobi for ps2. I never spent a GREAT deal of time with MS3 but I had to credit feed the shit out of it to get anywhere. Shinobi PS2 is hard simply because of bullshit. Entire fucking levels of bullshit and then an entire boss fight of bullshit. Level with no floors? bullshit. Last boss that will literally take you over 20 minutes to kill? Bullshit. Sword that drains health when you aren't killing shit? Bullshit. "Ayo Sega, Overworks here! Here's a new Shinobi game and it's just full of bullshit." I remember being in 10th grade and beating my fucking ps2 controller over my knee with frustration. Shinobi made me want to cut myself.

GnG is hard as fuck too. It's just one big troll on CAPCOM's part. "Hey! you beat the game? go do it again. haha Go fuck yourself, no, really. Go do it again cocksucker. We promise this time you'll ACTUALLY beat it."

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:46 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2009, 09:46 AM #117 of 134
oh weird, my post diappeared... o.O anyhoo.

SNES:
actraiser 2

PCEngine:
echo
mr heli's advenature
rtype

i try not to confuse with games that are not hard but just didn't finish the
the last stage.
Your post disappeared because it was just a list of games with no explanation or discussion and we don't like list posts here. If you could tell us exactly why you found those particular games so hard we could then all chat about it and live up to the "Interactive" part of our forums' name.

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:09 AM #118 of 134
I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma for PS3 a while back.

I ended up selling it back to Amazon because I just couldn't get into it. It could have been really fun, but I'm just too lazy for that crap now.

I don't mind a challenging game, but I shouldn't have to fail a bunch just to learn EXACTLY how to push a button at a certain time.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:54 PM #119 of 134
I just realized this...

How has no one mentioned THIS impossible load of fucking garbage?

YouTube Video

I doubt any of you young people remember this. Holy fucking Shit, it makes anything you've played after 32 bit seem like a fucking joke.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:10 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2009, 07:10 PM #120 of 134
Oh man, I remember that game. I could beat the first stage with Spider-Man, and I've beaten Wolverine's first stage a few times, but other than that I died pretty horribly in any other stage I tried.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:24 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2009, 09:24 AM #121 of 134
Dragon Quarter. Why? I can't even get past the 1st save point. Am I doing it wrong? I have no idea. And that makes it hard.

Tijuana
Troll

Member 33886

Level 4.59

Jun 2009

Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:48 PM #122 of 134
Super Ghouls & Ghosts because Every time I'm about to land my double-jump a coffin pops up below me, meaning I'm screwed. Also, Saint Seiya because this game either runs on luck or I'm correct and there is no way to possibly block another saints cosmo :/

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:38 PM #123 of 134
I just realized this...

(youtube of Arcade's Revenge)

I doubt any of you young people remember this. Holy fucking Shit, it makes anything you've played after 32 bit seem like a fucking joke.
Holy GOD. I think I made it through one person's stage, and I don't even fucking remember whose it was. Fucking HORRIBLE, and I think I played it more than once. Rentals are fun.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:56 PM #124 of 134
Holy GOD. I think I made it through one person's stage
It had to have been Cyclops', as I beat that one without too much effort.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:12 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2009, 12:12 AM #125 of 134
I just realized this...

YouTube Video

Damn, that game completely slipped my mind. Maybe I temporarily repressed my memories of it, much like one represses memories of being raped as a child.

At one point, I somehow managed to beat both of Spider-Man's levels, Wolverine's, Cyclops, and by some freak accident, Gambit's first level, and motherfucking Storm's first level is what ended up killing me. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT STORM IN A SWIMMING LEVEL.

Fuck that game.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Hardest game(s) you've ever played