Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Mass Effect 2 - Skills would do a romance sub-plot but he has work in the morning

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:11 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 12:11 PM #101 of 116
Originally Posted by LeHah
I also don't care for the ammo update. I really liked that the first game only had you worrying about weapons overheating; looking for ammo seemed like such a lame 1998 FPS contrivance somehow.
I don't know, I think it worked really well — in ME1 you could find a nice chest-high wall to hide behind and spend ten minutes sitting there picking off wave after wave of enemies. ME2's ammo system actually forces you to move forward, and it's never that hard to find.

Quote:
And now we have to wait another... what, 3 years?
Nope. Bioware are hard at work on ME3, and it might be coming out in 2011. Plus, there's always DLC to keep us busy; I'm hoping they'll put out a full expansion pack à la Dragon Age.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:18 AM #102 of 116
Does Krelian have any helpful suggestions for beating the game on Insanity? I just started that up last night and I figure its going to be a serious grind until I can get the bigger armor/health bonuses.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:36 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 03:36 PM #103 of 116
Well, if you're playing through Insanity with the Shepard from your first playthrough then you're in for a real fucking treat — all of the enemies start off tuned for whatever level you were at when you finished the game, and with no upgrades at first, you're in for a world of pain.

The main things I can advise are to conserve the hell out of ammunition and medi-gel. Don't use heavy weapons on anything other than boss encounters and YMIR mechs; you'll need as much of that shit as you can get (that said, I did beat the final boss without using any heavy weapons at all, seeing as I brought the flamethrower along like the dumbfuck I am). If you reckon you can get through a battle alone, then don't waste medi-gel on getting your assholes to stand up again. I don't know if resources like that are scarcer on Insanity than other difficulties, but until I learnt to conserve them I constantly felt like there wasn't nearly enough available.

Also, if you're playing an Infiltrator, Assassination Cloak is the best friend you'll ever have. I found the best way to deal with the sections of the game with husks and abominations — which are armoured on Insanity, by the way — was often to cloak, run the fuck away and find something to hide behind before spraying their legs with my SMG.

Basically just be prepared to spend most of the game in cover if you want to survive (unless you're playing a Vanguard or just enjoy getting up close and personal — in which case, good fucking luck).

FELIPE NO
aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:42 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 10:42 AM #104 of 116
Soooo here is my take on the game, i beat it last night on normal as an adept (I bow to the people who beat it on insanity). I love the idea of people emailing me and letting me know what happened to them rather than just doing it and wondering later. I loved the idea of some many different endings that its just crazy, i was sitting there the whole time thinking if Tali died i would quit right then and there. lol

I only killed Zaeed and Legion, I really didnt like Zaeed anyway.

Soooooo the only bad thing is with the way that i play i had a hard time finishing the game without very single planet that was in the game scanned and depleted. It took forever!! Whoever desgined that planet scanning system has had some serious problems. >.< Where was the automatic scan button when you needed it?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 02:32 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 01:32 PM #105 of 116
Why the hell would you scan every planet? You need maybe a tenth of them to get every upgrade.

Actually, that leads to one complaint: Not enough money in this game. Need more cash, man.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:56 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 07:56 PM 2 #106 of 116
I said "fuck that noise" to scanning and popped open a trainer to max out my resources. Folks will bitch/diss me for it, but fuck that noise. As it stands, they set hard caps (ie: find X more of this upgrade time before you can do this) often enough that it ain't a big deal. Plus it allowed me to rather painlessly re-build my character a few times, in addition to swapping out skills until I found one I liked.

I've got a long enough backlog =I I ain't about to get bogged down by scavenger hunting for that extra 10% damage on my poopsock. I did planet exploration for a while, but scrounging for Element Zero or getting 50k of Palladium just grated on me.

Edit: Totally knew Deni would diss this :V

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Last edited by Gechmir; Feb 15, 2010 at 05:35 AM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:03 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2010, 12:03 AM #107 of 116
Also, if you're playing an Infiltrator, Assassination Cloak is the best friend you'll ever have. I found the best way to deal with the sections of the game with husks and abominations — which are armoured on Insanity, by the way — was often to cloak, run the fuck away and find something to hide behind before spraying their legs with my SMG.
Three words.

Squad. Cryo. Ammo.

Holy jesus shitballin' christ the amount of ammo you save by killing an enemy because he's at half health and he shatters is immense. Drops both husks and collectors really quick. Only problematic thing it's not that great for is Scions, which you can deal with via the assassination cloak, though.

Also on insanity, since this game has no reward for actually killing enemies, if you can cloak and then haul ass to the next checkpoint, and if you die after that, the previous enemies count as killed. There are parts later on in the game with multiple husk attacks where you can do this and skip multiple annoying encounters.
Spoiler:
Such as right when you see legion save you with a sniper shot, those four waves up to the door can be bypassed if you cloak, and just give 'er tits
If you're super quick at the bypassing minigame you can cloak and do that to pass by some doors and fights too, although I never bothered with that. Using mouse control makes that easier I imagine on PC, than the slow scroll of the stick on circlebox.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Feb 15, 2010 at 01:16 AM.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:42 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2010, 12:42 AM 1 #108 of 116
I really didnt like Zaeed anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:25 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2010, 12:25 PM #109 of 116
I don't know how you can not like anyone voiced by Robin Sachs.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:41 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2010, 10:41 PM #110 of 116
Anyone interested in dialogue left out of the game but the data still being on the disc, there was a thread on /v/ some time ago that had some interesting links:

Spoiler:
Quote:
So yesterday we had a thread about cut content, mainly dialogue from Mass Effect 2.

Through save game editing many conclusions can be made on how Bioware had originally planned the game. It's no major changes but still different.

The first thing is that Garrus was supposed to have been recruited later in game, probably around the same time as Samara and Thane. You can basically just swap him with Tali. Legion was also supposed to have been recruitable almost at the start of the game around the same time as Jack, Grunt and Mordin because he has full dialogue for these missions. If Garrus was supposed to be on Omega all along then perhaps Mordin was supposed to only have been attainable late in game as well.

Legion obviously ties in with that originally Shepard was supposed to be saved by Cerberus.

To give a few examples of all these "hidden dialogue" I'll link to a few videos I made.

YouTube - Mass Effect 2 - Hidden Dialogue (Tali and Legion in Archangel Mission) - Bringing Tali and Legion to recruit Garrus.

YouTube - Mass Effect 2 - Shepard and Legion rescuing Jack (Hidden Dialogue) - Only bringing Legion to rescue Jack (his dialogue is great).

YouTube - Mass Effect 2 - All Tali's Dialogue on Horizon - All of Tali's dialogue on Horizon. Shows that Thane has no dialogue at all recorded as Tali responds to herself at one point.

YouTube - Mass Effect 2 - Picking someone to stay behind with Garrus (including Hidden Dialogue) - All Garrus responses to leaving a team mate behind with him during his recruitment mission. Most of them are generic but a few are unique.

There are points in the game where a certain piece of dialogue can only be spoken by a specific character. A good example is whole Freedom's Hope. It can be set in stone that this was supposed to be the first playable mission all along as half of all dialogue vanishes if you dont bring Jacob and Miranda.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Feb 23, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 04:13 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2010, 02:13 PM #111 of 116
Fuck them for not letting Legion be recruitable earlier.

FELIPE NO
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2010, 10:20 AM #112 of 116
For the 3 guys interested here, yet another DLC Coming soon.

I just hope to god it isnt another Hammerhead type DLC, because that was just terrible. The gimmick of that ship was over before it even began. Kasumi stolen memories was pretty good, but short.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Mass Effect 2 - Skills would do a romance sub-plot but he has work in the morning