Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] LBGT - Campaign Against Insensitive Gamers

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:04 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2009, 06:04 AM #1 of 15
LBGT - Campaign Against Insensitive Gamers

Quote:
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) teens experience homophobic remarks and harassment throughout the school day, creating an atmosphere where they feel disrespected, unwanted and unsafe. Homophobic remarks such as “that’s so gay” are the most commonly heard; these slurs are often unintentional and a common part of teens’ vernacular. Most do not recognize the consequences, but the casual use of this language often carries over into more overt harassment.

This campaign aims to raise awareness about the prevalence and consequences of anti-LGBT bias and behavior in America’s schools. Ultimately, the goal is to reduce and prevent the use of homophobic language in an effort to create a more positive environment for LGBT teens. The campaign also aims to reach adults, including school personnel and parents; their support of this message is crucial to the success of efforts to change behavior.

Think before you speak. Don't say "That's So Gay."
So what do you think? Is this something good or just another "attack" at videogames and it's fans.

Only in America.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:08 PM 4 #2 of 15
I don't follow where it blames gamers for this? Sounds like just teens in general? Also, I think gay is a perfectly accurate descriptor for something that is flamboyant but ultimately insubstantial. Like this campaign. This campaign is so gay.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:14 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2009, 11:14 PM 2 #3 of 15
One of their campaign posters is aimed at gamers. There's also one aimed at cheerleaders and jocks so this isn't an attack on gamers at all. To be fair, it'd be nice if people on Xbox Live would call you something other than a fag or a nigger once in a while but I think that's more a problem of American teenagers having very limited imagination or vocabulary than any particular homophobia or racism.

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:07 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2009, 05:07 PM 2 #4 of 15
Also, I think gay is a perfectly accurate descriptor for something that is flamboyant but ultimately insubstantial. Like this campaign. This campaign is so gay.
In an effort to change the lingo and help out our homosexual friends, I vote we use the term "Radez" to start describing things that are flamboyant and insubstantial.

This campaign is so Radez.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:31 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2009, 07:31 PM 1 #5 of 15
I'd rather use the term "Mo0" myself. A perfect combination of huge, flamboyancy and utter insignificance.

The campaign is so Mo0.

sup mo0

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:35 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2009, 07:35 PM #6 of 15
Well maybe if everybody on XBL stopped acting like gay niggers they'd stop being called that. Jeez.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:12 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2009, 11:12 PM 2 #7 of 15
Stop being so Mo0, Jessy.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:58 AM #8 of 15
Dammit, people. When will you follow my advice and say "THAT'S SO FAGGOTY" instead of gay?

Because using the word "gay" as an adjective is fucking faggoty.

this message has been Homo-Approved™

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 04:37 AM #9 of 15
This Campaign is about 10 years late to the party. Seriously, it takes more then a decade for them to notice this? I graduated high school in 99 and this shit was prevalent back then too.

I remember what one of my friends did for awhile. Everytime someone said "That's so gay!" his response was "Really? It's like fucking a man?"

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Out thought and out fought."
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 04:47 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2009, 10:47 AM 3 #10 of 15
I remember what one of my friends did for awhile. Everytime someone said "That's so gay!" his response was "Really? It's like fucking a man?"
I bet he had lots of friends.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JewishNegroe
Banned

Member 34290

Level 2.00

Aug 2009

Old Aug 22, 2009, 12:45 PM 1 1 #11 of 15
Why do we need to worry? Many of them self use the word queer to describe themselves but don't you dare call them queers.

Gay used to mean happy, cheerful but now its somebody who enjoys looking at the same sex. Words change and evolve and this word is not excluded. It may be pretty gay but thats life

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2009, 06:01 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 04:01 PM #12 of 15
I prefer the term "It's as wrong as two boys fucking."

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2009, 06:56 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2009, 12:56 AM #13 of 15
When you play on xbox live and actually allow strangers to come through your headset and or speakers, there's a good chance you will run into teenagers, fratboys and rednecks who will call you all sorts of names.

These usually include faggot, nigger, shithead, fucker.
Absolutely true, and that's why if I'm going to play online it will only ever be with people on my friend list. It's just not my idea of a good time to get called every name the other player can think of. Not to mention that your friends are less likely to quit/disconnect when you start winning.

I was speaking idiomatically.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:39 PM #14 of 15
I prefer the term "It's as wrong as two boys fucking."
Well, yes. That is quite wrong.

You know, cuz 8-year-olds doing it and all.

How ya doing, buddy?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] LBGT - Campaign Against Insensitive Gamers