Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: How good do you consider Silver Ogre's work to be, in general?
Excellent 10 47.62%
Good 10 47.62%
Average 1 4.76%
Needs Improvement 0 0%
Failure 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Silver Ogre's Art

Silver Ogre
Turned to Imp

Member 9557

Level 3.20

Jul 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:24 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 02:24 PM #1 of 13
Wink Silver Ogre's Art

Hi, people. I plan on posting artwork at these forums and seeing yours. It's going to be traditional artwork, like drawings, figure drawings, paintings or coloring and whatnot... maybe some stuff in Maya or Zbrush 2 down the path. :shh:

I'll also post some of the pixel art that I started to work on. I got into pixel art after trying a few things with RPG Maker, but wasn't satisfied using someone else's work for my "game." Anywho, hehe, here it goes... Savvy.

I have info for every piece of work. You can just view the "file info" in Photoshop to see... but I'll post it here anyway for you guys.

The first one is titled "Andromeda" and I did that with colored pencil on toned charcoal paper. It's hard to bring out brightness with that mix and I don't recommend any of y'all to do so hehe. The original was made by Peter Paul Rubens with oil on panel.

The next is a charcoal pencil drawing on toned charcoal paper. The original was actually a sculptuuuuuure that I saw at a museum. Can't remember the artist's name. Took me about 3 hours, and back pain

The third and fifth ones were done with pencil and then ink on sketchbook paper for my Anatomy class.

The fourth one is pretty famous It's the Libyan Sybil and I used red, black and white charcoal on toned charcoal paper. Took me about 12 hours, 2 or 3 less than the first. We had to create a replica of a master's original work of art so every detail counted

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andromeda.jpg (120.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Atlas_and_Hercules.jpg (172.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg head_muscles.jpg (199.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg libyan_sybil.jpg (202.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg skull.jpg (159.7 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Silver Ogre; Jul 10, 2006 at 05:36 PM.
Silver Ogre
Turned to Imp

Member 9557

Level 3.20

Jul 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 02:35 PM #2 of 13
Pixel Art

Arghhh I can't post more attachments in my first post?

Well, here are three works of pixel art. They are my absolute first so dun make fun of, j/k

First one is just a night sky background. I used shades of blue and purple to create it.

The second is about two spheres with a source of light, some ambient light. Done with tones of blue, purple and gray.

The third is a character I based off of Duran from Seiken Densetsu 3. I love that game's pixel art... as well as Chrono Trigger's and Final Fantasy VI's <3.

Oh! When you open these .png files, the size might be blown up. Make sure you view them at 100% their size. Ok? Ok...

Most amazing jew boots
Attached Images
File Type: png night_sky_01.png (8.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: png orbs_with_ambient_light.png (5.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: png 24x32_character.png (3.9 KB, 63 views)
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 05:48 PM #3 of 13
Wow, we haven't have a purely art person coming by for a while. :3 Hey, welcome to TheCreator'sCafe, or Gaming Force in general. Your studies are very well done indeed. ^_^ I hope you stick around show us some of your original pieces too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:55 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 12:55 PM #4 of 13
We need more guys like you. You know, someone who actually MAKES art. And less anime/mangaka wannabes posting random smudges.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:43 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 01:43 AM #5 of 13
Lovin' the Andromeda pic. Definitely based on Rubens, as you said, but that's all the more why I like it . Also, your skulls are very well-rendered, especially for ink.
I really feel strongly about people learning fundamental drawing skills thoroughly through things such as what you are doing (ie: anatomical drawings, musculature, master copies, etc.) before going off on some sort of 'touchy-feely-abstract' bend. You need to know the basics before expanding it, so keep it up!

Originally Posted by vemp
We need more guys like you. You know, someone who actually MAKES art. And less anime/mangaka wannabes posting random smudges.
I would post some of my stuff, but somehow I always found TCC to be redundant to my DeviantArt. Even more so that I'm a very sporadic artist, so my thread would be buried and forgotten (as it was about a year or so ago, pre-crash) before I updated it....

I was speaking idiomatically.
Silver Ogre
Turned to Imp

Member 9557

Level 3.20

Jul 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:47 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 02:47 AM #6 of 13
Ooo nice doggy smiley :doggy: Hehe Thanks for your comments, y'all. I'll definitely post up some original stuff later... And yup, some find it hard to accept and all but starting with figure drawing like you said, helps you feel much more confident when you get to abstract stuff like anime hehe.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:31 AM #7 of 13
Very Beautiful studies! The red chalk/pencil on parchment(?) makes it look like its from the Renaissance Period. Post more!

Might I suggest you get a free imageshack account so your image post will be thumbnails?

FELIPE NO
Silver Ogre
Turned to Imp

Member 9557

Level 3.20

Jul 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 03:50 PM #8 of 13
I guess I can do that, better than a max of 5 attachments!

Most amazing jew boots
DarkDraco911
Veteran Ninja

Member 426

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:01 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 10:01 AM #9 of 13
Cool art, Silver Ogre.

Most amazing jew boots
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 03:10 PM #10 of 13
whoa dude, you should rename youself: Renaissance Spritemaker. Cause, like, your first post was all life/anatomy studies. and your second post had a sprit char in it.

that doesn't make any sense. shut up.

ps. i sound retarded because http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10317 has appriated my language skillz.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by whinehurst; Aug 7, 2006 at 03:12 PM.
moodky
Kiddymoooooo

Member 11467

Level 1.21

Aug 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 04:46 PM #11 of 13
Lovely sketches and figure drawings! I'm amazed at the accuracy! Anatomy I guess has always been a tricky aspect in art (for me). I especially love the detail on the skull.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:59 PM #12 of 13
Very nice sketches, although I'm not sure how I feel about the second one (Atlas_and_Hercules.jpg). I understand at the time strong 'perfect' bodies were favored but in this recreation it seems a bit... much. I have no other critiques for the rest, so lovely studies and I hope to see more.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
lillithaya
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12931

Level 2.12

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 08:28 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 07:28 AM #13 of 13
I really like the last three, the sibyl, skull and head muscle drawings. They are very accurate, and the shading is beautiful in the Sibyl one.

On the Atlas and Hercules one, I thought the outlining was a bit hard. I read that you did the recreation from a sculpture which might be why, but the outline of the bodies and muscles stands out too much and detracts from the shading that makes it three dimensional looking. It's still a beautiful piece, but it looks a little cartoonish in that respect.

On the Andromeda one, I love how you did the cloth.

These are wonderful! Please post some more for us to see!!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Silver Ogre's Art