Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Feelings of Impending Doom

agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:46 PM #1 of 20
Feelings of Impending Doom

Dunno why, but I have the distinct feeling I'm gonna die within 6 months. Completely not worried about it. I mean, what's there to worry about? It's only death...

Anyone ever had this feeling?
I mean... is it just one of those feelings you get for no reason and it goes away on the day you're supposed to die, or do ppl who get this actually die?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wanzer Radio
Banned

Member 26571

Level 5.11

Nov 2007

Old Dec 23, 2007, 01:33 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2007, 10:33 AM #2 of 20
There are some people that said that they have experienced that feeling. But, it all depends on the person. People shouldn't fear death. ♥ : )

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2007, 08:02 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2007, 01:02 AM #3 of 20
I've had that feeling but I've worried about it. It's better you're not worrying though because that's one less strain on your body and therefore you're less likely to die. No one knows when they will though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2007, 09:21 PM #4 of 20
basically based on luck, or in this case, the lacktherof because you dont know if some stupid fuck (random fuck on the street, drunk driver, ect.) could just never see the shit coming.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:10 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2007, 12:10 AM #5 of 20
can you explain more? what exactly were you doing or thinking about when this feeling of death for yourself came up?

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2007, 01:51 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2007, 02:51 PM #6 of 20
You won't know how it feels because you haven't felt it yet.

I haven't met someone who knows how death feels. Except for the dead.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Infected
Meow

Member 27380

Level 4.59

Dec 2007

Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:57 PM Local time: Dec 26, 2007, 09:57 PM #7 of 20
Ive never had the feeling that Im going to die but I have had the feeling that something bad is going to happen soon and the problem is,It always does

But yeah.....Death isn't something to fear. Now how you die is in my opinion.

FELIPE NO
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 04:10 PM #8 of 20
can you explain more? what exactly were you doing or thinking about when this feeling of death for yourself came up?
well, it started when I was talking to a friend of mine. We were talking about college and next semester and it was more like a realization than anything else, I just thought to myself "yo, V! You're gonna die before the end of next semester!" "oh, ok, if that's how it's gonna be, w/e" "Yup and you know how right you are most of the time... blah blah blah." "sure, whatever. just live today and tomorrow will come to you eventually"

so yeah.
I mean... I really don't care. it's not like... an important factor of my life, it just determines how long it is, not WHAT it is.

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 04:55 PM Local time: Dec 26, 2007, 02:55 PM #9 of 20
I think the closest I've gotten to feel what death is like is getting into a car crash. There's a split second where your mind goes "HOLY SHIT" and shuts down, and it's kind of dark and you think you're going to die. But then you wake up, find your car all fucked up and start feeling like shit that you messed up a brand new car.

Well for you, I think it's really just a feeling of mortality. Sure we can die at any time, for no good reason and under really random circumstances but there's not point in wondering when that's going to come.

agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:09 AM #10 of 20
yeah, I mean... I don't feel like I'm dying, I just feel that I'm GOING to die.
within a specific time frame, though, that's what's sort of troubling.
well... not really troubling, just... odd.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:20 AM Local time: Dec 27, 2007, 11:20 AM #11 of 20
Well, I thought I wouldn't last past this Christmas, and although my hangover is killing me, I'm still alive and well.

Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2008, 02:33 AM Local time: Jan 11, 2008, 03:33 PM #12 of 20
I always have that feeling. So yeah I don't fear dying but..when I think about it when I'm close to sleep I sorta start to convulsing or something...Some kind of reaction to the thought. Have had it since I was a kid.
I've told my friend my thoughts before. They found it odd that I can't see myself alive the next week. I had a friend who told me to stop thinking about it but..its just that...I keep thinking like this so that if ever it does happen...I'm ready.

Most amazing jew boots

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:38 AM #13 of 20
I have seizures in my sleep, so everytime I go to sleep I risk biting my tongue so hard I won't ever wake up again. It's just not something I care to think deeply about, because it's apparently not in my control, since none of the medication I've been put on seems to help.

On the plus side it only seems to happen a few times a year, so most often I forget all about it until it randomly comes up again and I spend a week or so unable to eat solid food while my tongue heals itself up.

This last time I apparently almost choked to death on the blood/saliva because I was laying on my back. It really isn't *THAT* bad though, but it means living alone would be pretty risky, I guess. At least until they find a drug that actually works for me.

I'm not sure how relevant that was but it does lead to a lot of not so funny jokes about predicting when and how I'll probably die.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
QuentinT
Syklis Green

Member 26171

Level 8.62

Nov 2007

Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:05 PM #14 of 20
I use to worry about this alot. But i recommend reading eckard tools book the power of now, it basically tells you how to live in the present and not worry about the future or think in the past. By worring your gonna die thats worring about your future outcome, its not healthy thinking.

Here is the book on amazon.
Amazon.com: The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment: Eckhart Tolle: Books

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fernando Pando
Retard

Member 27882

Level 5.19

Jan 2008

Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:18 AM #15 of 20
Might as well start doing heroin then, right?

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:54 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 11:54 PM #16 of 20
That doesn't really do much to improve your "now" situation.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fernando Pando
Retard

Member 27882

Level 5.19

Jan 2008

Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:56 PM #17 of 20
Satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Fernando Pando; May 20, 2008 at 01:55 AM.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2008, 03:01 AM #18 of 20
I think the only times I can recall frequently having these feelings is with something less serious, like playing some FPS and seeing a live grenade drop at my feet.

Now real-life feelings of that sort, I think I'd only have if I was in a situation where I really thought it possible that I might not come out of it alive, like a car wreck like kat was talking about. I did have a fairly bad wreck a little less than a year ago, but I was luckily only a little battered and bruised from it. So at the time, the feelings spoken of passed quickly when I realized that not only was I alive, but alive and quite well.

Though maybe the 'impending doom' returned momentarily when I remembered that the car I totaled was my parents' car, not mine.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Josiah; Apr 18, 2008 at 03:03 AM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:50 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2008, 05:50 PM 1 #19 of 20
Dunno why, but I have the distinct feeling I'm gonna die within 6 months. Completely not worried about it. I mean, what's there to worry about? It's only death...

Anyone ever had this feeling?
I mean... is it just one of those feelings you get for no reason and it goes away on the day you're supposed to die, or do ppl who get this actually die?
You die?

agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 04:18 PM #20 of 20
nope ^__^
i got a shrink instead
turns out, i have ADD D:
so i HAD pills.
and the feeling left.

butttt... apparently they make ppl that don't eat so often lose weight quicker >.>
so no more pills for me.
and... the feelings back.

but, sometimes a feeling is just a feeling.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Feelings of Impending Doom