Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Acer's Free Direct Downloads Archive

Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:04 PM 4 #1 of 36
Cool Acer's Free Direct Downloads Archive

Hello and welcome to my way of giving back to the community I so love. GFF, using this thread I'm going to try to expose you to shows that I feel are good, deserve better exposure, and that I think you should watch.

So I've bought a premium upload account in order for you to hopefully get at least 70 kb/s downloads and easy access (no wait time as far as I know). Not everyone is able to do bittorrent very well so this provides a good alternative for those folks to finally easily get hold of my recommendations. I'll provide links to pages with information for each entry for you to get some background on each show. Now get to downloading and making my money well spent. =)

If you enjoy what you download feel free to purchase it (if available) and/or spread it to other people to enjoy.

Also, feel free to discuss anything you download in here. =D

Downloads:

AFDD01: Princess Tutu - AniDB - Wiki
Batches: 01-05 06-10 11-15 16-20 21-26 Specials
Rar Pswd: tutu

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 31, 2007 at 12:08 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 03:42 AM #2 of 36
Have any Eyeshield 21 by chance?

Also, Seirei no Moribito is a good anime to expose everyone to.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 05:47 AM #3 of 36
So are you uploading Genshiken 2? If not, I'll be glad to help in return.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:42 AM #4 of 36
The idea is for exposure for series that don't have a lot of exposure. Those series seem to be long or new enough to have their own exposure. I will need to look into Eyeshield 21 and Seirei no Moribito. I'm not objecting to suggestions. I'll definitely look into it. I just have to give the show my seal of approval first and decide if it needs the approval. Like I'd give Azu my approval but it's so exposed that it would be wasteful to upload. If you can argue that I'm wrong then please go and ahead.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:52 AM #5 of 36
The idea is for exposure for series that don't have a lot of exposure. Those series seem to be long or new enough to have their own exposure. I will need to look into Eyeshield 21 and Seirei no Moribito. I'm not objecting to suggestions. I'll definitely look into it. I just have to give the show my seal of approval first and decide if it needs the approval. Like I'd give Azu my approval but it's so exposed that it would be wasteful to upload. If you can argue that I'm wrong then please go and ahead.
Nah, you're right. Genshiken is pretty much well-known so it will be a waste to upload them. You want to start with some exposure, go get Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn. I have 1-48 and going if you need the earlier episodes. When you approve of it in the near future.

EDIT:

Thought you're letting us download stuff from you, I was wondering if you plan to make it private from those who aren't even registered in the forum or just started to post. I don't know, I just see it in most forums nowadays. You either be dedicated to the forum or you share a good amount to the point where you're able to download a bunch of episodes.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by chato; Oct 25, 2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:43 AM #6 of 36
The only place I'm showing this info semi-publicly is here on GFF. Since GFF is the community I have most affinity with I decided to have this feature here. I wish I had my own super fast server that could deliver the same speeds and bandwidth use as Megaupload but I don't. And I don't see the point of making it private to GFF use only when my goal is to spread exposure as much as possible. Give the links to your friends. I don't care if they don't want to join GFF. If I can get my little corner of the net and beyond exposure to shows that I like then I'll be very happy. I thought about putting this in My Stuff but again it would interfere with my goal since you'd then have to be a member in order to view it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 12:11 PM #7 of 36
This'll be good for me. I've been out of the anime scene for a few years. I've no idea what good shows/OVAs/films have been released over the past 4 years or so. Thanks Acer!

Should I integrate the Mega Manager into Firefox?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Mucknuggle; Oct 25, 2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:09 PM #8 of 36
Do it if you like. You can always turn the toolbar off and if you don't like it there should be some option to turn it off in the program. If that fails you can always uninstall it and reinstall it and not integrate it or something. I have it integrated and I turned off the toolbar and it doesn't really bother me. The only thing I don't like about it is it replaces your about:blank page with a few search stuff. It loads quick enough but I imagine not integrating with your browser will let you avoid that. I think about:blank replacements are easily fixable though so even so that shouldn't be much trouble.

Glad that you are going to take advantage of this, Muck. =)))

I'm sorry if any of my future stuff isn't new to some folks. Maybe it'll be useful to a friend you've wanted to show the show to though. Who knows.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:25 PM #9 of 36
How do you queue up Megaupload downloads in the Manager? I tried to load a second one while logged in, thinking that it would just queue up, but it gave me the same old "You can't download again until your current download is finished." message.

Xardion
CAT JUMP

Member 67

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 03:14 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2007, 02:14 PM #10 of 36
The only thing I don't like about it is it replaces your about:blank page with a few search stuff. It loads quick enough but I imagine not integrating with your browser will let you avoid that. I think about:blank replacements are easily fixable though so even so that shouldn't be much trouble.
There's a checkbox on the about:blank page it puts there that says "don't show this page again" or something.

[ Patrick James "PJ" Beckett ]
Old Oct 25, 2007, 06:37 PM #11 of 36
Really, I barely glanced at that about:blank page and shrugged it off. That's really nice of them to make it that easy to get rid of. =)

Um, Muck, I'm not sure. I can easily queue them up because I'm a premium member. I went to take a look at the differences between memberships and I believe with a free membership the wait between downloads is 25 seconds. Sorry about that. I thought it might be easier but hey if it's fast enough you can take a minute or two and queue up at least 4 episodes and then watch one that you've downloaded and when that's done queue up another 4 episodes.

Can you guys tell me what speeds you are getting and how long it takes you to download each episode? If the consensus is that it's very fast I might start doing batch files of 4 or 5 episodes each (kind of like a dvd) all rar'd up so you don't have to do so many downloads. How does that sound? =o

I'd be more than willing to reupload everything if that would work out better for you guys. Serious here. It doesn't take me that long to do this as you might think.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 07:31 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 02:31 AM #12 of 36
Well, the first thing you uploaded is PERFECT, anyway. <33 TWO ENTHOUSIASTIC THUMBS UP FIVE OUT OF FIVE STAgod I need sleep

I suggest Cromartie High School. Not sure how popular it is, but it's awesomely hilarious so yeah!

(Also the impossible-to-find ORIGINAL, as in non-Tokyo Pig Hare Tokidoki Buta. I don't even have it. But it's awesome ;_; )

Last edited by surasshu; Oct 25, 2007 at 07:35 PM.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:05 PM #13 of 36
Acer, as a free member you download one file and then have to wait a few hours before you're able to download the next file, so I think batch uploads would be better.

Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:11 PM #14 of 36
Oh man, Cromartie High School. I actually own it on dvd but I haven't gotten very far. I tend to try to watch stuff I buy on DVD with my one friend but we never seem to get around to doing so. We started watching Cromartie but never finished. I'm not sure if the fansubbers were even able to complete that one before it was licensed either. I may find a group that ripped the DVDs sometime though or rip it myself if I ever find out how. I'm not sure if you'd prefer it fansubbed or DVD-ripped though. I mean sure get what you can get but sometimes there is some fansubbed stuff that is almost classic.

I'm not sure what you are referring to by non-Tokyo Pig Hare Tokidoki Buta. Might be a Cromartie reference. I really need to watch it.

And yeah, again for those that are downloading Princess Tutu right now I'd really like to know what speeds you are getting and how long it takes you to download an episode. This will help me determine if it's a good idea to make 4 or 5 batched episodes in big 700 mb or so rar files. It might make things easier for you. I'd like to know this before I decide uploading the next show. =o

Oh man, seriously, Muck? That sucks. Oh damn I misunderstood that. It's 25 seconds wait time after you click a download link. How much time does it say you need to wait after you've done a download? =U

Oh man, I just read in their FAQ that only premium members can download files over 500 MBs. This is going to put a damper on my batch download plans. >=I

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 25, 2007 at 09:21 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:37 PM #15 of 36
I would love you forever if you upload Cromartie High

FELIPE NO
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:55 PM #16 of 36
I was downloading a single episode at about 200 kilobytes/second. Files less than 500 mb should be good for batches of 2-3 episodes. It's better than one at a time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:05 PM #17 of 36
Yeah, I took a look at Tutu and I can fit 3 episodes at 504 mb. I don't think raring it up will compress it down much more. I was really hoping to get 4 or 5 episodes per rar. I may end up finding another place to do this at with no bullshit download limits and make the rars have short names and password protected. Going to go do some research. If I'm going to have this feature I'm going to try making it as painless as possible for you guys.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Xardion
CAT JUMP

Member 67

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:25 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2007, 09:25 PM #18 of 36
Oh man, Cromartie High School. I actually own it on dvd but I haven't gotten very far.
You're not allowed to post again until you fix that. Also the dubs are great, so screw fansubs with this one.

[ Patrick James "PJ" Beckett ]
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:36 PM #19 of 36
Yeah, we were watching the dub. I'd watched an episode or two subbed with another friend so I could compare them. So yeah the dub is good. Xar, I freaking own the show so I think I'll continue posting thanks. =)

Still searching for some good file hosting that doesn't suck as much for you guys.

I may test out http://www.webfilehosting.com/ and TinyURL.com for extra protection.

objectiondesk.rar

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 25, 2007 at 10:47 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:06 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2007, 10:06 PM #20 of 36
As far as I am aware Mediafire has no mandatory wait periods between downloading files like rapidshare and megaupload have. There must be some reason why it's not more heavily used, though, so perhaps you should consider checking it out a bit.

Also Eyeshield 21 is loooooooooooooong, not complete yet, and the quality varies. I'd suggest the manga over the anime, but wtv.

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:12 AM #21 of 36
webfilehosting.com seems really fishy and its upload interface really sucks.

Testing bigupload.com instead. Fast upload (for my crap DSL I'm using right now) and fast download (80 kb/s for my super crap DSL).

file 49.mp3 - password: locoroco

Can someone tell me how fast and how long it takes to download the above file? =o

bigupload allows up to 2 Gig files and allows anonymous downloads with only 30 seconds of wait time. It allows use of download managers as well. I'll need testers eventually to confirm if there are any hour wait times after a big download. This is looking to be what I want but I really want to get it right this time for everybody.

Additional Spam:
Saka: Mediafire has a limit of 100 mb per file. That's not going to work for me but thanks. I really appreciate the help. =)

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 26, 2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:39 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2007, 10:39 PM #22 of 36
Dang, didn't know about the 100mb file limit. THAT would explain its lack of popularity. Great for smaller files though, I guess.

Sorry for the false lead.

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:42 AM #23 of 36
No prob. You mind testing out my 6 mb file above and giving me your kb/s and time please? =)))

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 06:34 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 01:34 PM #24 of 36
Cromartie is 26 episodes right? If so I have the whole series fansubbed. (If not, well, damn! )

Tokyo Pig is another show I really like but I've never been able to find any digital subbed version of it, so it was kind of a long shot to request it.

Also while I'm here, another suggestion would be Last Exile. I thought it was really quite popular but thinking about it, I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about it other than me and a good friend. And it really is very nice!

Also, Colorful!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by surasshu; Oct 26, 2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 04:37 PM #25 of 36
Those sound good. I'll have to look into it.

Right now, I'm testing out a new place. I think I might finally have found the right one. It has very fast upload speeds. Its download speeds are decent. Around 100 kb/s and that was while not using any accounts what-so-ever. With a free account it will allow for up to 10 downloads in parallel. I'm really hoping this works out. =)

Additional Spam:
Man, you wouldn't believe how many crappy upload sites are out there. Seems this one was good after all. Dunno why it was acting up a bit earlier.

Batch Princess Tutu 1 to 5
rar pswd: tutu

If this goes well I'll keep the megaupload files up for a couple days for those that have some in progress. The new batch downloads will be 5 or 6 episodes and will take 3 to 5 hours to download if you get a decent speed of around 70 kb/s like most people seem to be getting. Also, my tests so far show no waiting time and no required membership for any of this. I think that will be preferable.

I might be moving this to My Stuff after all for security reasons both my own and for gff. If you want to share this with friends then give them links and passwords. What are your thoughts, guys? =o

Additional Spam:
You know what screw this. Blah has convinced me to get some good webspace. In a few days there will be some ACTUAL direct downloads. In the meantime I'll finish uploading Princess Tutu. Once I have my webspace though and everything is tested the other downloads are going down for the good of humanity. I'm definitely thinking My Stuff now because this really should be GFF exclusive plus any friend you'd like to tell and maybe get them to join the forums. =)

Additional Spam:
Batch Princess Tutu 11 to 15

6 to 10 coming~ infernal's last episode was episode 9 so I figured this would be easier on him to have a close batch before he started into another download. =)

Additional Spam:
Batch Princess Tutu 6 to 10

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 27, 2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Acer's Free Direct Downloads Archive