Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Problem with CD/DVD drive with Vista
Closed Thread

Ekon
Carob Nut

Member 44

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:25 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2009, 06:25 AM #1 of 1
Problem with CD/DVD drive with Vista

I just finished doing a clean install of Vista and while the computer was able to use the dvd drive for the vista dvd to install it, now it won't read anything when I'm at the desktop. Checking the device manager it doesn't list any errors at all. If I take out the drive and I put it on my XP system it works just fine, I can pop in a dvd and I'll get a pop-up asking me what program I'd like to run the dvd with like normal. On vista though nothing happens, I put in the dvd, I can see the drive read the disc and then it just stops.

I did a google search for vista dvd drive errors and all results said to check my registry for a Upper and Lower Filters, but those registry entries weren't present at all. Anyone tech savy know just how to fix this problem?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Problem with CD/DVD drive with Vista