Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 114 Voting/WEEK 115 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:32 PM #26 of 41
Double Dragon (Neo Geo CD Red Book Audio) - Kochinda (Rebecca's Theme) Jazzy meanderings with a healthy dose of Asian instruments. It's okay for what it is, but I would have preferred a little more of the light melody halfway through the loop and less of the specialty instruments.

Gradius IV Fukkatsu Original Game Soundtrack - Gaia The piano at the beginning intrigued me, but then the song was over! Too short to really develop anything interesting.

Persona 2 Batsu Punitive Dance - Akachochin Shiraishi ~Burn With Passion~ An interesting Latin track. That particular genre tends to bore me, but the specialty percussion effects kept me interested here.

Phantasy Star Collection — Sound Collection I - Field Medley Fun at first, but eventually wore out its welcome. It has its moments.

Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Jungle Wasn't this in another contest like the BSC somewhere down the line? I seem to remember a forest-themed PS track that was incredibly boring and repetitive, but I can't be sure if this was the one.

Savage (Commodore 64 Game Rip) - Intro It takes a particular person to be a fan of C64 music, and the BCC showed me that I'm not such a person. In general, I just can't get into them, and this is no exception. It has moments of energy, but...no.

SKYGUNNER Original Sound Tracks - Merveilleux ~ Setting Out (Bonus Track) I like the piano and the light touch in this tune; it goes down smooth and pleasant.

Z.O.E. - Zone of the Enders Original Soundtrack - KISS ME SUNLIGHTS - Opening Theme Ack, speaking of things that I just can't get into. This is the first bit of Japanese singing we've had in SoTW for a while now; I'd hoped they'd been banished for good.

Maybe it's just my frame of mind at the moment, but this week didn't particularly move me much.

The Point Spread
Setting Out - 3 pts.
Kochinda - 1 pt.
Field Medley - 1 pt.
Burn with Passion - 1 pt.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:35 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2007, 07:35 PM #27 of 41
2 points: Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Jungle
2 points: Savage (Commodore 64 Game Rip) - Intro
1 point: Double Dragon (Neo Geo CD Red Book Audio) - Kochinda (Rebecca's Theme)
1 point: Persona 2 Batsu Punitive Dance - Akachochin Shiraishi ~Burn With Passion~

Despite my predispositions, I ended up being disappointed with Field Medley (as I had expected it to incorporate more than two field themes) and more surprised by Jungle. Rebecca's Theme was also another pleasant surprise; I hardly remember hearing this tune in particular at the arcades, but quite a nice pick.

Which brings me to my next nomination:
  • Album Title: Art of Fighting 2 (Ryuuko no Ken 2) - Image Album
  • Artist: New World Music Performance Group
  • Track Title: Eikou e no jokyoku (Micky Rogers)
  • Source: VGMdb
  • File Location: nominations folder
  • Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
  • Track Number: 10
  • Catalogue Number: PCCB-00156
  • Year: 1994

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2007, 02:41 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2007, 01:41 PM #28 of 41
3 pts - Field Medley
2 pts - Intro
1 pts - Kochinda (Rebecca's Theme)

Outside of Field Medley (one of my favorite all-time arrangements), I found this week very...weak. Intro was okay, but that last spot is still kind of iffy.
This week definitely did not meet the ROCK'N quota.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 04:25 AM #29 of 41
2 points : Phantasy Star Collection — Sound Collection I - Field Medley: has a really nice second part, although it sounded a bit glued together, being medley yea
2 points: Z.O.E. - Zone of the Enders Original Soundtrack - KISS ME: SUNLIGHTS - Opening Theme: ah yea, it has a weird feeling about it, I don't mind japanese vocals, the instrumentation is not bad
2 points: Savage (Commodore 64 Game Rip) - Intro: I like those wave outbursts, sounds very technological

yeah, I agree to whole-bans and examination in individual cases.

Nom nom:
Title: Oriental Memory of Forgathering Dream ~phantasmagoria~
Artist: ZTS
Album: Sephiroth
Track No.: 01
Catalog No.: DSST-0001
Year: 2005
Info: ZTS is the main artist from [CODE ZTS LABEL], this is an arrangement of the doujin fighting game Immaterial and Missing Power
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=69AF5JD2

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 06:34 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 04:34 AM #30 of 41
Forgot to post this nomination for Dragon God. :|
  • Artist: Motoaki Furukawa, Tappy Iwase, Mami Asano, Tanaka Toyoyuki
  • Composer: Konami Kukeiha Club
  • Album/Game Title: Kukeiha Club pro-fusion ~Salamander~
  • Track Title: SENSATION
  • Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
  • Track Number: 7
  • Catalog Number: KICA-7702
  • Year: 1996
  • Source(s): KICA-7702: Kukeiha Club pro-fusion ~Salamander~ - VGMdb beta

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 01:34 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 08:34 PM #31 of 41
I have too many pending issues to worry about (Someday I will be free)... It's a pity that I coudn't vote the last week. I feel so bad for not commenting anymore.

[2 points] Phantasy Star Collection — Sound Collection I - Field Medley
[1 point] Z.O.E. - Zone of the Enders Original Soundtrack - KISS ME SUNLIGHTS - Opening Theme
[1 point] Double Dragon (Neo Geo CD Red Book Audio) - Kochinda (Rebecca's Theme)
[1 point] Persona 2 Batsu Punitive Dance - Akachochin Shiraishi ~Burn With Passion~
[1 point] Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Jungle

I'm slightly impartial to this week's selection, just that.

NOM NOW

FELIPE NO
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 02:52 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 03:52 AM #32 of 41
Quick votes:

(2 points) Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Jungle

(2 points) Persona 2 Batsu Punitive Dance - Akachochin Shiraishi ~Burn With Passion~

(1 point) SKYGUNNER Original Sound Tracks - Merveilleux ~ Setting Out (Bonus Track)

(1 point) Z.O.E. - Zone of the Enders Original Soundtrack - KISS ME SUNLIGHTS - Opening Theme

Gradius almost got a point.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I think therefore I am... I think.
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:23 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 01:23 AM #33 of 41
And another example of quick votes:

(1 point) Double Dragon (Neo Geo CD Red Book Audio) - Kochinda (Rebecca's Theme)
(2 points) Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Jungle
(3 points) SKYGUNNER Original Sound Tracks - Merveilleux ~ Setting Out (Bonus Track)

I was expecting a lot from Savage, but it somehow dissappointed me a little. It'd have received a point if it wasn't for the bias for my own nomination and sanodg.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:44 PM #34 of 41
Nom change! Actually I'm just changing the song; the album and such is the same.

Album: Sega Tunes ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
Composer & arranger: John Baker
Track Title: Mellow Groove
Track #: 7
Release: 1996
Source: VGMDB

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:59 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 10:59 PM #35 of 41
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [20] Persona 2 Batsu Punitive Dance - Akachochin Shiraishi ~Burn With Passion~
2). [19/15] Double Dragon (Neo Geo CD Red Book Audio) - Kochinda (Rebecca's Theme)
3). [19/10.5] Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Jungle
4). [18/13] Savage (Commodore 64 Game Rip) - Intro
5). [18/10.5] Phantasy Star Collection — Sound Collection I - Field Medley
6). [10] SKYGUNNER Original Sound Tracks - Merveilleux ~ Setting Out (Bonus Track)
7). [8] Z.O.E. - Zone of the Enders Original Soundtrack - KISS ME SUNLIGHTS - Opening Theme
8). [7] Gradius IV Fukkatsu Original Game Soundtrack - Gaia

This one was really close.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:15 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 11:15 AM #36 of 41
That's the closest SotW race I've ever seen. Can't all three that placed receive gold? They're all worthy.

Congratulations, Crash (again). We sure do love your noms, we really do.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 07:33 AM #37 of 41
This is a pleasant surprise. The voting had been very divided all week. I never keep track of points, just trends, and I was expecting perhaps a third place finish - if I got lucky. I expected Field Medley to make a final lunge at victory, and it may have if the last minute voters had come on strong.

Thanks to everyone who threw even a single point at my nom. Sometimes slow and steady wins the race.

Just wanted to pop in and gloat. Song of the Week is now in the top 10 Google results for song of the week (without quotes) and top 5 Google results for "song of the week" (with quotes). Song of the Week is also the #1 Yahoo! search result for song of the week (with or without quotes). We're fucking legit!
I was thinking about this when looking at the official SotW site the other day (not the wiki). Since it's appearing in Top 10 searches, there might be a higher incidence of curious traffic. For that reason, I feel as though the site could use a bit of embellishment. At the very least, stray visitors might like to know what they're seeing without having to find a small wiki link first.

I wish I were a skilled web-designer, else I'd volunteer to make improvements myself. But perhaps someone else is, or one can be found. The SotW site could use a bit more flourish, IMO.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:18 AM #38 of 41
While I didn't get a chance to listen to all the noms enough to vote, I just want to say the Savage theme was cool. I've enjoyed pretty much all the C64 stuff I've heard by Tel.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 07:17 PM #39 of 41
I was thinking about this when looking at the official SotW site the other day (not the wiki). Since it's appearing in Top 10 searches, there might be a higher incidence of curious traffic. For that reason, I feel as though the site could use a bit of embellishment. At the very least, stray visitors might like to know what they're seeing without having to find a small wiki link first.

I wish I were a skilled web-designer, else I'd volunteer to make improvements myself. But perhaps someone else is, or one can be found. The SotW site could use a bit more flourish, IMO.
True. I was one of those curious googling "Best battle track," saw that contest in 2004, and have stayed since. I knew Gamingforce from it's old form, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a sort of "briefing" in the op about GFF, maybe in a spoiler tag or something.

FELIPE NO
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 02:17 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2007, 11:17 AM #40 of 41
Damn, I really should have voted this week. I could have turned the tides. Well, I don't think there were any tracks I was too attached to.

Crash, I know the SotW site needs an update. I've been too lazy/busy to do it myself. If anyone wants to help me give it a facelift, they can contact me. Knowledge of PHP and CSS is a requirement.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 02:42 PM #41 of 41
I wasn't complaining. I was suggesting. Anything to attract higher exposure is worth consideration.

Perhaps Encephalon can be convinced to do something. I'll talk to him.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 114 Voting/WEEK 115 Nominating