Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:24 PM #126 of 994
even proud mode is easy? Is standard mode, like expert in KH1? I only played KH1 on Expert. I thought it was so/so.. i died a couple times.. stupid pot centipede.. few times on ursala.. i think i was underleveled though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:03 PM #127 of 994
The English version seems to be a bit censored.

I'm lukewarm on this.

FELIPE NO
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:26 PM #128 of 994
I've heard about the censoring. I think it's kinda dumb. The sniper one is slightly understandable, but the Hydra (?) one seems unneeded. I mean, monsters don't spew out smoke when you behead them.

Most amazing jew boots
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:39 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 12:39 PM #129 of 994
I dont get it why do you need to censore the sniper?

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:51 PM #130 of 994
Heaven forbid a Disney-related product include blatant references to assassination. [/sarcasm]

I understand where they're coming from with the censure, but at the same time it's pretty dumb. I mean, so what if Sora's being sniped at? It's not like there's a sniping scare at the moment. The Washington (was it in Washington? Virginia? Somewhere around there?) thing happened a long time ago.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 09:33 PM #131 of 994
The Hydra censoring is even more dumb when the green blood and guts were seen in the original Hercules movie. Now how can that "get away" in the movie, but not in the game that has a world based off the same movie?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:48 AM #132 of 994
Jesus H Christ, Disney. It's bad enough that they're censoring their own shows (Rescue Rangers and possibly Darkwing Duck DVDs), but now they have to extend their goddamn iron hand on KH2. The Hydra bled like that in the goddamn movie. No, it was even worse than that, because Hercules was covered in blood by the time he was done with the fight. The cursor change isn't even worth mentioning, because it changes nothing, but the reasoning is lame.

I can live with it if these are the only things censored, but suddenly I'm afraid at the possiblity that they aren't.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 03:25 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 04:25 PM #133 of 994
I wonder if they will censore Kiera Knightley's Humongous bewbs in the game, heh.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sirmackerel
Persona

Member 3968

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:56 AM #134 of 994
Honestly, I don't really mind, unless it's either very distracting story changing. These censors don't really do either. (Am I the only one who thinks the black smoke looks kind of cool?)

Memento mori
Cogito, ergo summ
Pense, done je suis,
Remember that you are mortal.

http://www.konamistars.com/konamista...dg8zI6mbHVIXkw
Join the Konami RPG Stars!
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:23 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 09:23 PM #135 of 994
I pretty much want that instead of green gooey slime and all that, and besides Hydra is really icky...

FELIPE NO
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:07 AM #136 of 994
Think the edits were made so it could make E10+. T rating = less sales.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
PuPu
Anyone for a pupu platter?

Member 379

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:41 PM #137 of 994
There was a KH2 launch party in LA recently. There's a ton of media on wire image including videos and pics... though it appears you need some kind of membership to view it...

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...177044&nbc1=17

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...=170461&nbc1=1

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Don't touch my pom pom!

Last edited by PuPu; Mar 26, 2006 at 12:46 PM.
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:07 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 01:07 PM #138 of 994
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Jesus H Christ, Disney. It's bad enough that they're censoring their own shows (Rescue Rangers and possibly Darkwing Duck DVDs), but now they have to extend their goddamn iron hand on KH2.
Who said it was Disney?

Most amazing jew boots
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 02:53 PM #139 of 994
That sucks with the hydra part getting censored. I find it kinda odd though that the ESRB rating still says Mild Blood though. Are there more spots in the game with blood? And there's use of alcohol too. Oh my Disney~

Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
Think the edits were made so it could make E10+. T rating = less sales.
I don't know. Daxter on the PSP is rated E10 as well and it has animated blood, crude humor and some bad language. I don't think leaving in the hydra blood would hurt the rating.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 06:42 PM #140 of 994
Quote:
Posted by SOLDIER
Jesus H Christ, Disney. It's bad enough that they're censoring their own shows (Rescue Rangers and possibly Darkwing Duck DVDs), but now they have to extend their goddamn iron hand on KH2.
Wha? What was there in Rescue Rangers to censor? It was pretty homogenized from what I remember.

Squeenix's lawyers are probably paranoid as all get out right now anyway. Jack Thompson and all the lawmakers who are trying to pretend they care about protecting children keep tightening the legal thumbscrews on their latest scapegoat, and both SE and Disney probably want to keep controversy as far away from this game as possible. Considering the target audience, I can already hear the shit splattering on the walls when some "security mom" walks in and sees sniper crosshairs pointed at Sora's head.

Squeenix and Disney wimped out, but given the current environment here in the US, I'd say they're doing the right thing. The blame lies with the trigger happy lawyers, gutless lawmakers, and idiot soccer moms who make game companies afraid even to have green monster blood in a game.

Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:17 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 07:17 PM #141 of 994
Originally Posted by Miles
Are there more spots in the game with blood? And there's use of alcohol too.
Pirates of the Caribbean. I'd imagine it'd be hard to alter the story to remove the blood aspect of the curse or Jack's drunkery.

Last edited by Interrobang; Mar 26, 2006 at 08:22 PM.
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 07:51 PM #142 of 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Quote:
Who said it was Disney?
It's Buena Vista, not Disney that's helping out Square Enix in this game. And Soldier, watch your mouth (sheesh).

Buena Vista is Disney's game publishing arm in this. Aside from B.V, this' still a Square game. And remember they can do what they want to the game. So to make it more playable by the audience.

~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:24 AM #143 of 994
Quote:
Wha? What was there in Rescue Rangers to censor? It was pretty homogenized from what I remember.
I'm not certain either, but reports say that there are some scenes that were obviously removed. The example listed was one scene where Chip and Dale are cornered by Fat Cat's goons. Then by the next frame, the goons are knocked out while they run off. The DW censoring is just a rumor, I hear, from insiders at Disney.

Quote:
Pirates of the Caribbean. I'd imagine it'd be hard to alter the story to remove the blood aspect of the curse or Jack's drunkery.
Well guess what.

Quote:
Nomura Discusses Kingdom Hearts and Future Titles
Soemthing expected to be shown at September Tokyo Game Show.
by Anoop Gantayat
March 26, 2006 - Square Enix gaming superstar Tetsuya Nomura made an appearance at the Kingdom Hearts II North American launch commemoration party in Los Angeles on the 23rd, and brought with him a handful of exciting, vague and excitingly vague announcements about future productions.

First commenting on differences between the US and Japanese versions of Kingdom Hearts II, Nomura revealed that the two versions are pretty close overall. Due to rating concerns, Square Enix had to make some changes to the Pirates of the Caribbean world. For instance, enemy weapons that resembled guns had to undergo design changes.
Given the similarities between the two titles, Japanese gamers who spent their cash on the original Japanese release late last year won't have to worry about buying a re-release based off the US version of the game. In Japan, Square Enix released an update to Kingdom Hearts, called Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, based on the US version of the first title.

The series isn't done yet, though, Nomura confirmed at the event. "We don't have plans to make Final Mix," he said, "but we do have a new idea for Kingdom Hearts."

Nomura wouldn't get too specific on what this new plan is. Based on his vague comments, whatever he's planning won't be something like Kingdom Heats: Chain of Memories, which bridged the gap between the original Kingdom Hearts and Part II. Nor will it be a numbered entry in the series.

There have been some reports of a secret movie contained in Kingdom Heats II that features a different visual style from that of the main game. Nomura wouldn't comment if this movie has something to do with the new idea, but he wouldn't deny it either.

Whatever the case, this new idea is currently just that at the moment, an idea rather than an actual product -- something that Nomura and crew would like to do.

Nomura is hard at work on a number of titles. He promises an announcement of some form at E3 and the Tokyo Game Show later this year.
-IGN

Goddamit, what are they going to use? Ray guns?

Quote:
Who said it was Disney?
It fits Disney's current pattern to censor everything to a pre-school level. Square has never been this anal. In fact, I don't think Square has ever done any kind of visual censorship, not counting the SNES titles (Nintendo's doing, not theirs), just a couple of text alterations (Vagrant Story's "Pope" to "Cardinal").

People always say I belittle Disney too much when I ask how characters like Cloud and Sephiroth even managed to be rendered with their dark designs and weapons. They just don't care about their adult audience, and try to make everything sparkly clean for the kids.

I don't know how the XIII Order is going to make it unscathed.

EDIT: Also, I'm certain the Tokyo Game Show annoncement will either be FFXIII, or another title in the FFVII Compilation. Definetley not KH related though.

FELIPE NO
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:42 AM #144 of 994
Originally Posted by Liquid_Snack
I wonder if they will censore Kiera Knightley's Humongous bewbs in the game, heh.
Kiera Knightley has boobs?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:55 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 02:55 PM #145 of 994
Heck in the game she had them, she used push ups though

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:58 AM #146 of 994
How is this game everyone?

Compare it to 1 as much as you can. The last time I played part 1 was 3.5 years ago.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:36 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 07:36 AM #147 of 994
Blame the Censorship on the idiots we call the ESRB. They couldn't rate a game properly if they had about 40 12 Gauge Shotguns pointed at their head and other places. And after the "Hot Coffee" incident...the ESRB is even more idiotic now than before, since they have to be "extra careful".

The only one that makes even remotely sense is the Crosshair. ....But that change seems like it might affect gameplay, the Crosshair seems incredibly too bright.....could just be the glare off that TV though.

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:07 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 06:07 AM #148 of 994
Okay these changes are really, *really* stupid. I worry that this is going to destroy some of the enjoyment of the game. Like that Potc change. What the hell are they going to use?

It makes no sense because most of these changes were in the movies. There were guns all over the POTC movie. They're damn pirates. Pirates use swords and guns.

It couldn't of been Disney. Otherwise you wouldn't of even seen these things in the movies. It has to be someone else. Either Square or someone who gives out the ESRB ratings.

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:11 AM #149 of 994
Originally Posted by Borg1982
How is this game everyone?

Compare it to 1 as much as you can. The last time I played part 1 was 3.5 years ago.
I would say it's about 2-3 times better in my opinion, the battles are just so much more fun and the story keeps yeah interested to keep playing.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:46 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 09:46 PM #150 of 994
Battles are fun i didnt know Sora loved to jump/flip/twirl that much.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2