Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!

^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2008, 09:16 AM Local time: May 30, 2008, 09:16 AM #1526 of 1579
Oh well. To each his own, I guess.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2008, 11:50 AM #1527 of 1579
No. You can't grab it through WiFi like that.

Also Generic, if you think there's shame involved in getting a promotional item for the game, why are you even playing?
What exactly is the WiFi option there for, then? Or is it just something they haven't implemented yet?

How ya doing, buddy?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
^-^

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2008, 12:57 PM Local time: May 30, 2008, 12:57 PM #1528 of 1579
I just came back and have some interesting news...

They aren't doing it that way. It's all by Wi-Fi mystery gift.

I was able to get two.

One was shiny.

The one thing that bugs me though is that the OT is not what it should have been. Instead, it is ALAMOS.

Wondercard information:
Quote:
Enjoy your DARKRAI!
Visit the URL below
and input the word
"orasion" for a gift.
Pokemon.com/drkgift
*edit* password is all lowercase, and it's just some wallpapers from the movie.

as a bump for more info:

I found a way to back up my game save. Doing so allowed me to also back up that Darkrai. If you need/want one, I'll send you one.

Most amazing jew boots
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,

Last edited by ^-^; May 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 02:17 PM #1529 of 1579
Generic, you would have been completely fine going with me. You might have even felt a sense of pride, and not because of me.

Met a guy there, had to be at least mid-20s that claimed to have owned every Pokemon game since Red and Blue, at least from the standard series. He had Diamond, but Pearl was his "battle card". He had four Mews holding Master Balls sitting in his party. One box on his PC is chock full of Mewtwos, another about half full of Celebis. Supposedly he used some cloning glitch with Emerald (which he had inserted also) to get the Mews like that. Says they're legit, though I couldn't help but feel pretty skeptical.

Anywho, I got my Darkrai (which had a neutral nature, which isn't bad), along with a coupon for $5 off any DS game (not just Pokemon DS games), and decided to nab Advance Wars: Days of Ruin with it. It was either that or Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Man I've been splurging this weekend.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 02:54 PM #1530 of 1579
I found a way to back up my game save. Doing so allowed me to also back up that Darkrai. If you need/want one, I'll send you one.
If you're going through the trouble, I wouldn't mind grabbing one. :3

[Also, does that mean I should be able to get one through WiFi on the Mystery Gift option? I tried it just now but it's just a few minutes before 4pm EST... I know the event was listed 12-4pm, but I don't know if it was EST or not. In any case, it didn't work.]

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Sousuke; May 31, 2008 at 02:57 PM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 03:01 PM #1531 of 1579
Well fuck, I totally anticipate this and I miss the whole event by oversleeping.

I guess I'll just hit it up tomorrow. :|

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
^-^

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 03:07 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 03:07 PM #1532 of 1579
If you're going through the trouble, I wouldn't mind grabbing one. :3

[Also, does that mean I should be able to get one through WiFi on the Mystery Gift option? I tried it just now but it's just a few minutes before 4pm EST... I know the event was listed 12-4pm, but I don't know if it was EST or not. In any case, it didn't work.]
no, it's closed server, so you have to be there to grab it (your DS will notify you when you are close to a mystery gift wifi hotspot.)

Give me your FC and I'll get you yours.

Most amazing jew boots
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 03:11 PM #1533 of 1579
I'm 0473-4335-9967. This just works as a normal trade, then? What do you want in return?

[edit] I actually have to make a run into town, but I'll be back in an hour or two.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Sousuke; May 31, 2008 at 03:25 PM.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 03:25 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 01:25 PM #1534 of 1579
Because I play in the privacy of my own home? I couldn't care less if a grown man plays pokemon, but public perception is definitely that the games are geared towards children, and that if you see an adult playing them, there's something distinctly creepy and/or pathetic.

I don't like it, but I didn't come up with it.
I'm like the complete opposite. My work place, which is full of adults, see me in the breakroom playing Pokemon all the time. None of them make fun of me or anything. In fact, one of the girls commented on it and said she thinks pikachu is cute. I guess I'm not ashamed of playing games like this in public.

The only person who makes fun of me is my boss. But for some reason she thinks anything by Nintendo is aimed at kids. Like, when my early copy of Brawl arrived I was running around the office with it bragging that I had a copy of the game before the street date. She told me to grow up and play an adult system like the 360.

Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 03:44 PM #1535 of 1579
I'm like the complete opposite. My work place, which is full of adults, see me in the breakroom playing Pokemon all the time. None of them make fun of me or anything. In fact, one of the girls commented on it and said she thinks pikachu is cute. I guess I'm not ashamed of playing games like this in public.

The only person who makes fun of me is my boss. But for some reason she thinks anything by Nintendo is aimed at kids. Like, when my early copy of Brawl arrived I was running around the office with it bragging that I had a copy of the game before the street date. She told me to grow up and play an adult system like the 360.
Frankly at my place it's somewhat of the same ordeal, except no one really makes fun, but their children/grandchildren have a DS or a gameboy, or something along those lines. Though, working within the state government, you kinda expect many of the workers to be old.

To know the comparison, i'm 21 vs people that are at least 30+ yrs old in there minus this 1 guy.

Most amazing jew boots
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 04:40 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 11:40 AM #1536 of 1579

I'm the same way at my workplace. Most of us actually grew up playing the same games, even our boss plays. Namely stuff like Tetris Attack, Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter II and various rpgs.
Nothing like owning your superiors in a vicious game of Mario Kart. But they make up for it by kicking my ass in Street Fighter II on any day of the week.

To tell you the truth the only time I'm made fun of in games is when I play Halo. Most of my friends around here aren't particularly good at FPS games. So, when they get an actual "kill" on me they're allowed to point and laugh for a week straight D:
As for Pokemon? Well to us, it's just another rpg that includes multiplayer battles. Which is a badass concept the more I think about it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
^-^

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 05:04 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 05:04 PM #1537 of 1579
I'm 0473-4335-9967. This just works as a normal trade, then? What do you want in return?

[edit] I actually have to make a run into town, but I'll be back in an hour or two.
2792 7870 4243 is mine.

WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 07:32 PM #1538 of 1579
I'm on now, and I see you're trading with someone. :3 I just finished a battle, so I have to go grab something I can trade, and I'll hop back on, if that's okay.

Most amazing jew boots
^-^

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 07:41 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 07:41 PM #1539 of 1579
No, I'm waiting for a trade to start (ie you join)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 07:43 PM #1540 of 1579
Oh dear. Duh. Stupid me.

[edit] Thanks!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 09:52 AM #1541 of 1579
So day two of this event and I'm up for getting three Darkrai.

Why?

One in my Diamond, one in my Pearl, and another in my friend's Pearl.

Gonna bounce in an hour to go and get it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2008, 09:32 PM #1542 of 1579
How many people are planning on getting Platinum anyway? Not sure if the idea of playing those an entire game again appeals to most people, which is why I didn't buy Diamond/Pearl. Of course that might make me a little less knowledgable, but hopefully I'll be fine.

I'm also getting desperate in terms of Mew hunting.

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:06 PM #1543 of 1579
I'm thinking that I'll pick up Platinum when it comes out. I've never owned more than one game from each generation, though, so I'm not sure. I guess it depends on what new stuff they toss in there.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:15 PM #1544 of 1579
It was worth getting Emerald though, the Battle Frontier added a good amount of longevity to the game. I'm sure that they'd do the same with Platinum.

I'm definitely getting it though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
^-^

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2008, 02:25 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2008, 02:25 PM #1545 of 1579
New York: You still have a chance to get Darkrai until the end of this month. The Nintendo World Store will be hosting the Darkrai event until the end of June.

WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 07:40 PM #1546 of 1579
New York: You still have a chance to get Darkrai until the end of this month. The Nintendo World Store will be hosting the Darkrai event until the end of June.
Hot DAMN! I'm definitely going to swing by there after my jury duty summons a few days from now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:30 PM #1547 of 1579
I was thinking of using this technique to get a semi-legit Mew, though I can't find my Red/Blue/Yellow, so I dunno if buying a new one is worth it when I can just buy a device to get Mew like that, though getting a hacked Pokemon... dunno how that'll look, even if I give it the same IVs as my starter (assuming that's possible). Of course, getting a legit Mew will be a ton easier if that Pokemon Ranch comes out before platinum.

Though I'm unsure what to train it in. I mean, it's completely even in everything, so it's pretty much good for any build. Though eliminate atk since my Mew probably won't have many, if any, physical attacks. Eliminate HP probably too since it won't have such a large amount of that. I was leaning toward speed and SP ATK, though most of my Pokemon seem to be going with a Speed + ATK/SP ATK combo. I'm still not convinced how much that extra defense will give me.

How ya doing, buddy?

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:57 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 09:57 PM #1548 of 1579
That trick only works for getting Mew in Generations I and II. Pokemon before Generation III (Ruby/Sapphire) can't be sent over to any of the recent games.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:59 PM #1549 of 1579
Here's the version I know. The one you posted is new to me. This one seem a little easier since this one isn't level restricted... Or at least I think so.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:13 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 10:13 PM #1550 of 1579
I was thinking of using this technique to get a semi-legit Mew, though I can't find my Red/Blue/Yellow, so I dunno if buying a new one is worth it when I can just buy a device to get Mew like that, though getting a hacked Pokemon... dunno how that'll look, even if I give it the same IVs as my starter (assuming that's possible).
Generic Badass is right, even if you somehow get Mew from the Red/Blue/Yellow games, it can't be transferred into the newer games. Effort Values were calculated in a completely different manner back in those days than in the current games. Back then, you could gain as many Effort Points as possible to get maximum stats in any category, unlike the current generations' 510 total EV limit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!