Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] ITE: LeHah Lists The Oscar Nominations For 2009

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:26 AM #1 of 98
I wouldn't call The Dark Knight getting 8 nominations a "snub," but the hilarious post-popularity internet hate-boner towards that movie is welcome to continue.

If anything, the biggest snub of this year's nominations goes to Kate Winslet, who somehow missed out on a nod for her amazing performance in Revolutionary Road.

Overall though, as you said, not a bad list. Slumdog is the critical darling this year and is the only real shoo-in, but I'm hoping for a few surprises. I'd love to see Milk or Frost/Nixon take best picture over Slumdog, just to fuck with the foreign press.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:13 AM 1 #2 of 98
Its a movie that should be hated.
No, it's a movie that you hate, and therefore should be hated, like everything else that enters your internet crosshairs.

The Dark Knight is not a bad film. Nor is it a perfect film by any stretch, like most of Earth makes it out to be. Beyond anything else, it's just a good, fun action film that's actually character driven. It's not as deep or brilliant as it thinks it is, but it's still a boatload smarter than most action films out there. It's cut from the same cloth as Batman Begins, which is good enough for me. Nolan and his team are some of the most talented filmmakers working today. Does TDK deserve all the praise it gets? Probably not. But the Oscars it got nominated for? Definitely.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:07 AM #3 of 98
Lets not get our hands dirty with this again, shall we? If you want to do the ol fisticuff internet routine, I can start a topic in my journal.
That'd be fine, but I think I'm still banned from the ol' e-fort

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2009, 03:16 PM 1 #4 of 98
Originally Posted by Musharraf
I agree, everyone is like "oh wow, he so totally deserves the award because he's.... dead".
I don't know where you people get these fantastic quotes from, but I can only imagine its from the GameFAQs of the entertainment industry.

Quote:
Best thing is, he will win the award. No doubt about that.
Because he's dead rite lol.

Look, everyone knows that Ledger's performance was pretty much hyped off the face of the Earth thanks to internet people like everyone here. Fact is, I don't think one single moron, genius, or average moviegoer who saw Dark Knight said, "Damn that was a great performance because he's dead." That's fucking retarded and you know it. Sure, there's plenty of tainting in the Academy Awards, but do you honestly think they would have nominated the guy if his performance (or the movie) was reviled by everybody?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2009, 03:46 PM #5 of 98
I looooved his performance, but you can't say that if he was alive, he'd be getting the same acclaim.
Nobody can say that, because we'll never know if it's true.

Personally, I do think he'd be getting the same amount of nominations. It's a terrific, movie-stealing performance. People were hyping his performance long before he gave up the ghost.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 02:45 PM #6 of 98
Wall-E would NEVER get a nomination for best picture because there are *gasp* humorous parts in that movie.
Only if you don't count The Departed, which has plenty of humorous moments. Or Annie Hall, which is a fucking comedy.

Quote:
What I find EXTREMELY odd about this process is that the only real thing outside of 'drama drama and OMG BIG DRAMA' is RDJ's nomination for his role in Tropic Thunder. I thought it was hilarious, but why was he nominated? It wasn't a serious role.
Probably because it was a pretty funny transformational performance. But o no it's not drama lolol.

Why all the hate towards dramas?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 08:22 AM #7 of 98
Putting Knocked Up in the same league of shit as Hamburger Phone: The Movie is just plain retarded, I'm sorry.

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:50 AM #8 of 98
Juno's dramatic moments were pretty good (especially the stuff with Jason Bateman), but they were unfortunately outweighed by endless faux-clever hipster diatribes at the expense of actually being, you know, genuinely funny. Ugh... To give that script an Academy Award over something brilliant like Michael Clayton is tragic.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Wall Feces; Jan 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:21 AM #9 of 98
Whenever I diss a post, I do it because it's usually a joke that backfired. I've rarely dissed a post because something someone says has pissed me off enough to do so. Congratulations to dagget, the first one to say something not only incredibly retarded, but retarded enough to make my blood boil.

The actor category this year was pretty much a three-way split for me. It was a coin flip between Langella, Penn, and Rourke. I was happy seeing either of those three win. Penn's nomination, and his win, were 100% well-deserved, and anyone who denies that is simply too retarded to see why. Like so few actors are able to do, Penn transformed into the role of Harvey Milk, and didn't just become a gay guy who got shot, he became a truly memorable portrait of the man.

Christ dagget, the lack of knowledge you're displaying in that post is baffling.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:20 AM #10 of 98
Slumdog was a great flick but I don't think it was Best Picture material. I wouldn't have even nominated it. I would have replaced Slumdog and The Reader with Doubt and Revolutionary Road. The only real shoo-ins that Slumdog had were Picture and Director. I don't think it deserved anything else, notably the fact that they nominated two songs from the damn movie and didn't even give The Boss his due for his great song in The Wrestler.

Overall I'd say the show itself was surprisingly great. Very classy, not a whole lot of bullshit. The "In Memoriam" section was completely ruined by the piss-awful camerawork. Who the fuck's idea was it to do that? Just give us a direct feed of the images, Christ.

Not a whole lot of surprises in terms of the awards. The only nail-biter was best actor.

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:32 PM #11 of 98
Knowing that professional wrestling is staged is almost worse than not knowing. Well, watching it in general is pretty awful, but I digress, lets get to the root of this baffling commentary: What would you consider a more deserving performance?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] ITE: LeHah Lists The Oscar Nominations For 2009