Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I want to convert spc into wav/mp3, please help

joe marquez
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12689

Level 1.02

Sep 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 10:31 AM #1 of 11
I want to convert spc into wav/mp3, please help

Hello everyone, I´ve searched around this forum, and I think i didn´t found any spc thread related... i wanna convert my snes albums to mp3 and take them anywhere! i hope someone can help me! and it is the same process for nsf files too! thank you very much!!

Most amazing jew boots
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:01 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 11:01 AM #2 of 11
I assume you already know where to get SPCs, so I don't need to explain that.

Part One: Converting the SPC Files to WAV

You will need a program known as Winamp to convert these files. You can find it on their website (www.winamp.com). Once you're there, download the latest version (the free and FULL version - don't get the lite version, it's basically useless), and install it. Once that's done, download this plugin (click here), find the directory where your Winamp files are, and move it to the "Plugins" subdirectory (make sure Winamp is not running when you do this).

Now - open up Winamp, and hit CTRL+P on your keyboard. This will bring up the Preferences menu. Go to "Plug-ins > Output" and select the Nullsoft Disk Writer plugin. Hit the configure button and choose the directory where you want your WAVs to go. Also make sure that the "Output file type" is set to Auto and that the "Convert to format" is set to PCM, 44.100kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo. Hit okay and close the preferences menu.

Then, drag the SPC file(s) you want to convert into Winamp, and the program will "play" the files - in reality, it's actually recording the WAVs for you. This will not delete the SPCs. Let the program finish its job, and you're basically done this part. If you want to switch back to playing music in Winamp, go to Preferences > Plug-ins > Output and just choose DirectSound output.

Part Two: Converting the WAV Files to MP3

Go to www.dbpoweramp.com, download the Music Converter and install it. Once you're done, open up the music converter, select the WAVs you want to convert, and another menu will pop up. Hit 'Advanced Options' and set the quality to 'Alt Preset Standard'. Hit 'Okay' and you'll return back to the original menu. Set the frequency to 44100 and choose the directory where you want to save your MP3s. Check 'Preserve ID Tags' and UNCHECK 'Delete Source File(s) After Conversion'. Then hit the Convert button, and the program will convert the WAVs to MP3s. You're done!

If you want to add ID3 tagging to the MP3 files, let me know and I'll write up a tutorial on that. But for the most part you should have everything as MP3s now.

Converting other emulated audio files has the exact same process, except for one difference, baing that you will need a different plugin for each kind of file. If you don't have these plugins with you, Winamp will not play/convert these files.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Basil; Sep 17, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
joe marquez
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12689

Level 1.02

Sep 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 09:24 PM #3 of 11
Blue_Kirby2 Thank you very much! you helped me a lot, it was very simple! thank you for this super complete guide! i did never expected so much info and links! i´m recording right now!! wow! hehehe.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 10:22 PM #4 of 11
You can mix step 1 and 2 if you use Foobar. Highlight the loaded SPC files, right click, and use the Convert menu. voila.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 04:20 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 10:20 PM #5 of 11
...and with foobar mp3-tagging (tagging in general) is also an (very) easy task, thanks to the masstagging feature. *is still hoping foobar is ported to *nix*

I was speaking idiomatically.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 06:13 PM #6 of 11
Myself, I use foobar2000 with the Game Emu Player (foo_gep) plugin.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:09 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 05:09 AM #7 of 11
Originally Posted by evilboris
You can mix step 1 and 2 if you use Foobar. Highlight the loaded SPC files, right click, and use the Convert menu. voila.
What's the plugin for this? Mine only has the option of converting to wav and formats I've never heard of.

FELIPE NO
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:59 AM #8 of 11
You've never heard of "MP3 (LAME)"?

Most amazing jew boots
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 09:36 PM #9 of 11
Yes, but I don't know how it works. Is there a specific LAME encoder for each media player, or a single one that works across all of them?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:42 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 10:42 PM #10 of 11
http://lame.sf.net <- read

Most amazing jew boots
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:17 PM #11 of 11
Go here: http://rarewares.org/mp3.html

Pick up the "LAME 3.97 release" bundle. Unzip LAME.EXE from the bundle to foobar's folder.

When you try to use the Converter, it will ask for the location of LAME.EXE. Point it to where you put it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > I want to convert spc into wav/mp3, please help