Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] "They've come for brains. You'll give them bullets."

Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:00 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 05:00 AM 3 2 #1 of 8
"They've come for brains. You'll give them bullets."

Quote:
THEY’VE COME FOR BRAINS, YOU’LL GIVE THEM BULLETS

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Brings Pulp Horror Action to Wii

LEIPZIG (August 19th, 2008) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced The House of the Dead: OVERKILL, an all-new pulp-horror reinvention of the classic SEGA light-gun shooter franchise. Created by London-based studio Headstrong Games, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will take you right back to the beginning of this classic horror series. Available exclusively on the Nintendo Wii early in 2009 and announced to coincide with Games Convention at Leipzig, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will be presented live by developer Headstrong Games for specially invited members of the press in SEGA’s business centre suite.

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL uncovers the ugly, terrifying, red hot secrets behind the House of the Dead; the daddy of all over-the-top shooters. While staying true to the classic gameplay this hugely successful SEGA series is getting a new retro look, with distinctive graphics, sound and attitude that will add to its horror cool status. Plus, thanks to the Wii Remote™, players will fight off zombies when they get too close; pistol-whipping jaws off and smashing in skulls with their shotgun butt.

“We wanted to do something really different with The House of the Dead: OVERKILL,” commented Bradley Crooks, Studio Head at Headstrong Games. “With SEGA we’ve been able to create a fresh look for the franchise. I think you’ll agree it’s like nothing you’ve seen before on Wii.”

“Paying homage to the pulp horror comics and films that inspired generations of gore fans, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will expose gamers to a brand-new fleshy rollercoaster ride of revolting dismemberment,” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director at SEGA Europe. “This is the hardcore Wii title you’ve been waiting for.”

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL takes you back to when Special Agent G was fresh out of the academy. Teamed up with hard-boiled bad-ass Detective Washington, they are sent to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little do they know what blood-soaked mutant depravity awaits them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City…

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will be released in early 2009, exclusively for Nintendo Wii. For more information about the game, please visit SEGA :: GAMES.

Check out our YouTube channel for the UNCUT version of the trailer
YouTube Video

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:15 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 01:15 PM 3 #2 of 8
Firstly, House of the Dead is the daddy of nothing. It was a mediocre game at best when it first came out and was blown away by Time Crisis. Even on home consoles Vampire Night is a far superior game.

Second, the Wiimote is dick all use for actual aiming at things in games. Because of the way the sensor works, it's a case of waving the huge cursor around rather than actually aiming. Give me a light gun any day of the week.

Thirdly, this is one of the worst opening posts for a gaming thread I think I've ever seen. Apart from the title and vbcode tags, you've not even typed anything. If you were new here I might be able to chalk it up to inexperience but you're not so you've no excuse for such poor posting. If you're going to start a thread, put some content in it. If you're just posting a youtube video use your journal.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:46 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 11:46 PM 2 1 #3 of 8
You could turn the on-screen cursor off and calibrate the Wii Remote to function exactly the same as a normal light gun in Ghost Squad and House of the Dead 2 & 3 for Wii, Shin. =)

Day one etc.
I've found quoting "It's the HARDCORE you've been waiting for" from the trailer works as a reply to almost everything already.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Aug 19, 2008 at 10:21 AM.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:26 AM 1 #4 of 8
So is this a fancified and expanded remake of HotD 1 or a prequel? It's difficult to tell from that article, and it wouldn't make much sense for it to be an entirely new prequel since all the games refer to the Curien Case as the beginning. Of course, story isn't exactly the series' strong point so that doesn't mean anything. I can't wait to hear the voice acting for "hard-boiled bad-ass Detective Washington."

I'd diss Shin for hating House of the Dead and his typical Wii cynicism, but it's hard not to love Shin.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:56 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 04:56 PM 1 #5 of 8
Kudos to them for the style they've gone with. I like the cover that Infernal has posted and that trailer was rather amusing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:58 AM 1 #6 of 8
The day House of the Dead takes itself remotely seriously is the day I stop caring about it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:47 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 10:47 AM 1 #7 of 8
"This is like something out of a videogame!"

If the gameplay matches the presentation, I am definitely picking this up.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:33 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2008, 01:33 PM 3 #8 of 8
You could turn the on-screen cursor off and calibrate the Wii Remote to function exactly the same as a normal light gun in Ghost Squad and House of the Dead 2 & 3 for Wii, Shin. =)
I didn't know that. I retract my second point. Points one and three still stand though.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] "They've come for brains. You'll give them bullets."