Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] 'World Ends With You' (aka It's a Wonderful World) coming Stateside

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 10:32 AM Local time: May 12, 2008, 08:32 AM #51 of 79
I'm not sure how you mean. If you have one DS, it needs to remain in TWEWY's Mingle Mode in order to get MPP. Since that only searches for people via local wireless, I don't think the USB dongle will do much of anything.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 11:15 AM #52 of 79
i was wondering how do you evolve mastered pins, like the money pins. i've got a couple mastered pins that didn't evolve because it didn't gain PP through mingle mode.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 01:30 PM Local time: May 12, 2008, 12:30 PM #53 of 79
Mastered Pins do not evolve.

Mastered means either it had no evolution or you picked the wrong type of PP to level it with.

Incase for some reason, someone wants something to do with the stuff:

US/EU Voices & Sounds

JP Voices & Sounds

The voices (if you can call some of them voices) are in the stream folder, wavesample has the sounds.

Also a game-rip of the 8 tracks created exclusively for the US version. I think the EU version doesn't have the "gang mix" of Twister, and one song is actually on the JP ost just under a different name (the bonus track) but anyway...

Forgotten Tracks

The one you get on iTunes has the US version of Twister on it + JP ost.
I think S-E offers a hard copy you can buy, but they mentioned it was simply the JP ost.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 03:15 PM #54 of 79
I'm on day 5 leveling up some pins that have branching evolutions. A bit time-consuming when I have to level through Mingle PP, but it's manageable. Making an Angel Magnum at the moment.

I can't think of an RPG I've enjoyed this much in almost all aspects (Pokemon Diamond was definitely up there, but that's enjoyable for entirely unique reasons), which is why I'm making that kind of claim.
I'm working on the Angel Magnum myself. Thank god for the DS internal clock trick. Just in case anyone hasn't figured it out, you can fast forward the DS internal clock for quick and easy shutdown PP. Just do it week by week because I don't think you get any more after a week.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2008, 03:09 PM Local time: May 13, 2008, 01:09 PM #55 of 79
Day 4 here. It's hard to get through cuz there's so much fucking text. Although I do redeem the game for using the term "full of fail". I laughed, and it made me think that they retailored some of the japanese puns to cater to American lingo. I like it that much at least.

I'll help you with those mingle points, I suppose, Crash. Just have to get myself that far, also.

FELIPE NO
Django!
I'm a little pimp with my hair gassed back

Member 23557

Level 8.57

Jul 2007

Old May 15, 2008, 04:20 PM #56 of 79
+Nice, colorful presentation.
+Solid battle system.
+Interesting premise and story. I appreciate that they did something very different.

-Couldn't hold my attention. Battle system seemed slow in growth, and after about seven hours I was still using the same two badges to get max combos.
-Awful character design.
-Seems to suffer from "press A to get through the dialog ASAP" syndrome.
-Lectures about how to be hip.

That last one pretty much started killing my interest.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 12:33 AM #57 of 79
+Nice, colorful presentation.
+Solid battle system.
+Interesting premise and story. I appreciate that they did something very different.

-Couldn't hold my attention. Battle system seemed slow in growth, and after about seven hours I was still using the same two badges to get max combos.
-Awful character design.
-Seems to suffer from "press A to get through the dialog ASAP" syndrome.
-Lectures about how to be hip.

That last one pretty much started killing my interest.
I understand that you do not like the look of the characters, but I thought they were aiming for the trendy looks in Japan right now. From what I know, they hit the nail on the head with that. Same thing about the whole "hip" factor.

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 12:52 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 10:52 AM #58 of 79
I understand that you do not like the look of the characters, but I thought they were aiming for the trendy looks in Japan right now. From what I know, they hit the nail on the head with that. Same thing about the whole "hip" factor.
Have you noticed games about American youth culture and music tend to miss the mark? Either they use terms and phrases from older rap (Gears of War) or tend to jump on the popularity bandwagon about a year too late (music games that use licensed American music). Example? Britney Spears' Toxic. In my Taiko Drum Master. Words cannot describe the lameness.

To say The World Ends with You is an accurate representation of Shibuya youth culture is silly. It's more along the lines of a caricature of Tokyo's upper middle-class' youth socialites and their goofyass fashion sense.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; May 22, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 01:11 PM #59 of 79
Have you noticed games about American youth culture and music tend to miss the mark? Either they use terms and phrases from older rap (Gears of War) or tend to jump on the popularity bandwagon about a year too late (music games that use licensed American music). Example? Britney Spears' Toxic. In my Taiko Drum Master. Words cannot describe the lameness.

To say The World Ends with You is an accurate representation of Shibuya youth culture is silly. It's more along the lines of a caricature of Tokyo's upper middle-class' youth socialites and their goofyass fashion sense.

Point taken. But you're still saying that it's following their current fashion sense. Whether it's exaggerated or not.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 01:14 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 01:14 PM #60 of 79
I played it when I was last onshore, and the controls were fucking atrocious (in battle) I'd like for the touch screen to be an OPTION, not THE ONLY CHOICE on combat. It's too damn squirrelly on what it likes and doesn't approve of.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 01:27 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 11:27 AM #61 of 79
Gech, the game uses both control types at the same time. It's not feasible in the least to reverse them.

Point taken. But you're still saying that it's following their current fashion sense. Whether it's exaggerated or not.
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's a caricature of their oftentimes extreme and absurd fashion sense; not their fashion specifically. The outfits used in The World Ends with You are either too vague or simple to be applied to a particular fashion style (Joshua's button-up shirt and jeans), or way off the deep-end and not applicable to the real world (whatever the fuck Neku is wearing).

The game is right when it states that trendiness is Shibuya is constantly changing, so why would anyone think this game could possibly have a firm grip on that?

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 01:44 PM #62 of 79

...it's a caricature of their oftentimes extreme and absurd fashion sense; not their fashion specifically.
Originally Posted by Manny Biggz

...it's following their current fashion sense. Whether it's exaggerated or not.
I still have to debate that I see no difference. You're just using a fancier word for exaggerate. It's really a moot point anyway. I have nothing to prove here so I'll shut up now. My apologies for going so off track.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 03:38 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 01:38 PM #63 of 79
You're selecting the wrong quote.

Quote:
You're talking about the clothes they wear. I'm not. You're arguing that the character designs are okay because they're based on what Shibuya teens think is trendy and is actually what they wear right now, but it's not. That's the simple point I'm trying to make.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 17, 2008, 06:55 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2008, 04:55 PM #64 of 79
COME BACK, SHIKI! PLEASE COME BACK!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2008, 09:27 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2008, 07:27 PM #65 of 79
Don't like Joshua much?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:43 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 07:43 AM #66 of 79
His inability to snag bonus Fusion Stars (Shiki gets x2 for either a lucky first guess or an identified slot) has slowed the process of enemy smack down, considering "high or low" involves a bit more processing for me. Not too fond of the lock-on damage, either. Lack of mobility, gay ass side step command... yeah, not liking Joshua.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Rotorblade; Jun 18, 2008 at 09:49 AM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:40 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 08:40 AM #67 of 79
Just give Joshua some equipment that lowers his attack chain by 2 and then just start mashing left or right. You get Stars pretty fast that way.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:20 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 09:20 AM #68 of 79
That takes care of the damage problem only slightly, given that the game still has a habit of giving him dumb crap like "Equals X" or "Greater than 8" or "Less than 1." I hope future characters don't have potential screw job mechanics like this.

Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:28 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 11:28 AM #69 of 79
Joshua is the best character in the game...

Spoiler:
Jesus Beam > *

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:02 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 11:02 AM #70 of 79
Potential investment means nothing for my enjoyment right now.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:58 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 11:58 AM #71 of 79
That takes care of the damage problem only slightly, given that the game still has a habit of giving him dumb crap like "Equals X" or "Greater than 8" or "Less than 1."
Yes, but you run through individual chains so quickly that it balances out.

Basically, even when you're not paying attention, you have a 33% chance of selecting the correct number. With the attack chain lowered by two, you get to select a number every two-three seconds. It adds up.

FELIPE NO
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:18 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 12:18 PM #72 of 79
Not when homeboy can't survive onslaught for 2-3 seconds and I have to buy equipment that lowers chains by two and I have to make sure he doesn't get destroyed by enemies. I can see he will improve later, I'm just letting you know that I hate him right now. He can't hold his weight like Shiki could right from the start. Things aren't as bad now with a few stat upgrades and stat boosts, but the flow of combat at the moment is much, much slower.

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:25 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 12:25 PM #73 of 79
He's getting worked? That's kind of weird. Maybe I did a little too much grindan and eatan, but I never had that trouble.

Make sure to always feed your partners nothing but HP boosting stuff. The partners come and go, but HP is shared and vital. I won't worry about their Attack and Defense until the post-game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:29 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 12:29 PM #74 of 79
Right from the start, Neku would be schooling folks and Joshua would be doing like... 8-9 points of damage. And again, there's that whole "I did prep work" crap. Shiki, even if she was doing low damage (but so was Neku), has evasive properties in her moves and a much better chance of getting Fusion Stars through player input than Joshua does. Her growth is much more organic and enjoyable for players that aren't reading Pin Growth charts and eating at the Shadow Ramen place. I prefer the pharmacy, honestly, I have way more money than I know what to do with and 20 Brave in 3 digestion points is awesome.

Modifier or not on his attack chains, I don't like playing as him. He's stiff, rigid, he ain't got the funk. He is probably better end game, but like my thoughts on the genre, I refuse to suffer when maximum payoff is much more enjoyable.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:34 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 12:34 PM #75 of 79
Stop eating food that increases Brave after you hit 180 or so. I haven't found any clothes that exceed that yet.

If you have a lot of money, go to that organic foods store and buy some things there. You could use those items for your Collection list, as well as the ingredients for the Tatsumi Burger. Or just go to the expensive shops in the same shopping area and buy a suit or two for Joshua. That helps a lot.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] 'World Ends With You' (aka It's a Wonderful World) coming Stateside