Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"record what you hear" gone?

S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 04:02 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2007, 09:02 PM #1 of 9
"record what you hear" gone?

I've been checking the various "SigmaTelAudio" sound settings on my latest PC, but even in the advanced sound settings the 'record what you hear' setting isn't there, all it has is 'line in' and 'microphone'. Is this something only certain sound cards can do? or is there some obscure additional setting I may have missed?

How ya doing, buddy?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 05:07 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 12:07 AM #2 of 9
I think that's a SoundBlaster-thing. Or Creative. Anyway, I know I had the function when I used my SoundBlaster Live! 5.1.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:05 PM #3 of 9
"What U Hear" is definitely a Creative thing, but it's done on the software side. Any decent audio recording/editing program will do it, regardless of your hardware, it's just usually called something else. I'm sure there's some freeware out there, but I use Adobe Audition for everything so I couldn't tell you.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:21 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 02:21 PM #4 of 9
I was more concerned it was a hardware issue rather then software, but if that's not the case then I guess I just have to do some digging now

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:21 AM #5 of 9
Windows by default can let you record what goes through the output of the sound card. (This might depend of hardware capability, but even my on-board sound card allows me to do that.)

First, you need to have Stereo Mix checked in the Properties box when you have it set to adjust volume for recording. After that, all you have to do is select the Stereo Mix and adjust it's volume to an acceptable level (usually very low.) Then you can take any audio recording program and have it record what is output from the sound card.

I was speaking idiomatically.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 02:33 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 07:33 PM #6 of 9
Wow... this doesn't have a stereo mix function either, I didn't even notice until now I just assumed it was there. It has 'volume control', 'Wave', 'SW Synth', 'CD player' 'input monitor' and 'Mono Mix' I'm guessing if I use the mono it will do the same thing... or maybe I really do need a better card

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2007, 02:40 PM #7 of 9
Mono would be awful. Let's see if we can't get the stereo mix. Download and install this. If the option is there, great; if not, time to get a new card. =)

> Blaze Media Pro looks like a better option, because you can download the trial and make it a full version without much trouble.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Will; Aug 9, 2007 at 07:28 PM.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2007, 04:42 PM #8 of 9
Still no good... I could install the Audigy 2 sound blaster card from my old harddrive, but a company I used to trust was who built that machine. Almost every part on it has been replaced at least once except the processor, cd drives and motherboard, which is ridiculous for a machine barely even 2 years old, not to mention the sound crackles like fuck.

It could just be the motherboard that's caused all the problems on that harddrive, but either way I honestly don't have the experience to know if it's worth transferring the sound card over to this new tower.

How ya doing, buddy?
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 03:29 PM #9 of 9
Bummer. I would say pick up a low-end M-Audio or Turtle Beach card. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with Creative, and the hate part is the Audigy.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > "record what you hear" gone?