Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

> Encrypts & Decrypts text file and stores the plain text in a text with VB

RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2009, 05:01 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2009, 01:01 AM #1 of 3
> Encrypts & Decrypts text file and stores the plain text in a text with VB

I want to do it with VB.NET to DES or AES or RSA.

like this:

Encrypts the content of a text file and stores the cipher in another text file.
Decrypts a cipher stored in a text file and stores the plain text in a text file.
Your program should read from the user the path of the cipher and the plain text along with the key and either he/she wishes to encrypt or decrypt.
You may use one of the following languages to develop your program: C++, JAVA or VB.NET.
If you got the help of any packages or ready code, pleas mention it and provide all the resource you've used.
You can chose on or more of these algorithms to encrypt or decrypt.
o DES.
o AES.
o RSA.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Nov 14, 2009, 05:27 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2009, 11:27 PM #2 of 3
First of all you should keep in mind that DES and AES are symmetric crypto algorithms, and RSA is asymmetric - so the notion of a "crypto key" doesn't really exist here since you have both public and private key.

Apart from that: OpenSSL's libcrypto should implement all three ciphers and you should at least use it through C++. I don't know if there are any NET bindings for the library, but I doubt it.

NET sucks anyway, and so does VB. If you really only want to prototype an application or just hack away -> use Python. Pretty easy to use, a huge standard library and lots of modules.

If you have to use VB.NET, then I can't help you.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:28 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2009, 03:28 AM #3 of 3
thanks anyway I'm already finished it

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > > Encrypts & Decrypts text file and stores the plain text in a text with VB