Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] "Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People" Announced

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2008, 06:36 PM 1 #1 of 12
"Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People" Announced

As a longtime fan of Homestar Runner, I had a good chuckle at their April Fools' joke this year, a PSA about using a Wiimote.

This time, though, the joke is real!

Telltale Games, the same people behind Sam & Max's recent resurrection, are bringing us "Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People," the first non-flash Homestar Runner game, in five episodes starting this June for Wii and PC.

Press release
Official site
Advertisement
Gameplay trailer

Reactions? I personally have no Wii and no PC, so I won't be playing. But I'm still inexplicably filled with joy and anticipation.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2008, 08:49 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2008, 08:49 PM #2 of 12
For the Wii? They're branching out =o

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 02:35 AM #3 of 12
I'm a faggot for HomestarRunner so I'm really looking forward to this too. I hear the Chatman brothers are working closely alongside Telltale Games so I am thinking this potentially will be a really promising release.

I'm curious though, what do you guys think of playing through a game in 'episodes'?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:41 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 03:41 AM #4 of 12
I'm curious though, what do you guys think of playing through a game in 'episodes'?
Surely the HL2 approach was a miserable failure. Oh wait!

It would actually work out well this way, since a single game would fill up the Wii's internal zip drive storage, practically. This way you can just pop one on or off your SD card. They might as well port over Peasant's Quest.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:04 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 07:04 PM #5 of 12
I hope they release it all on a disc for the Wii when it's done, like the upcoming Sam & Max port. I've lost like $90 worth of games over my four fucked up Wii's or so, and these will likely be $20 a pop or something. Nintendo's retarded digital distribution = tee hee.

I was speaking idiomatically.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:28 AM #6 of 12
Hm, so you can't get your game backs (my 'rents just bought a Wii and looking at the VG to play some old NES/SNES games. Unfortunately, I don't have a Wii. Yes, my parents are ahead of me (as they have been for some time) in gaming systems and the like)?

I just am indifferent to this. I will wait and see on how good it is before I race out for the game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:32 AM #7 of 12
I hope they release it all on a disc for the Wii when it's done, like the upcoming Sam & Max port. I've lost like $90 worth of games over my four fucked up Wii's or so, and these will likely be $20 a pop or something. Nintendo's retarded digital distribution = tee hee.
$20 per episode x 5 episodes . . . $100 for a Wiiware game seems pretty stupid to me. I think I read somewhere something about them being $5 each but that really isn't more of a reliable figure than your $20 one.

I personally don't really like the idea of 'episodes' that I need to purchase separately. Maybe I'd be more convinced of this plan if the length of the game turned out to be substantial, but from what I've read on Telltale's site, there are essentially going to be 'extended 3d cartoons with a point and click style interface'.

No matter how much I like homestarrunner, paying for 5 episodes of a short game would feel like a huge ripoff when I can spend $40 on Okami. Am I alone in being cynical about this 'episodes' format? I don't like where this is leading. Next thing we know, Gran Turismo 6 is released, courses are sold separately, and we need to pay $5 for each course we download.

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 05:17 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 08:17 PM #8 of 12
Oh yeah, I was talking silly Ozzie fun buck dollars. I'm not a fan of all this buying half a game initially only to download the rest either (that'll be $40 extra for the title screen plz), but if the episodes turn out to be a fairly decent length, it could be a reason to get excited when the next part's due. Maybe! Something!

Teen Girl Squad better show up somewhere in this game~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 05:21 AM #9 of 12
I've never really liked the idea of what is essentially a single game being sold in "episodes". I still remember Shining Force III... Not that this is really anything like a RPG.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Out thought and out fought."
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:06 AM #10 of 12
If the episodes were like 20 hours long, say like a Phoenix Wright game, then 20 bucks would be fairly reasonable. If it's though a two or three hour game, then paying roughly a hundred for a fifteen hour game is definitely not. Especially when you have alternative that are also very decent that gives you more for your buck.

And yes, I know a lot of time goes into making these types of games, and yes, I know I could be one of the 'naysayers that the developers don't care about', but the fact is there will be a LOT of them as most wouldn't pay 20 bucks for such a short game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:27 AM #11 of 12
With Sam & Max, their pricing was $8.95 per episode, $30-35 for a full season.

I'm guessing the Wii versions will cost $10 per episode, equal to a $50 game if you buy all 5 episodes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:15 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 09:15 AM #12 of 12
Don't expect an epic-length release every episode. It'll be 3-4 hours a pop, probably (if it's anything like Sam & Max). The pricing is just like Jazz mentioned; after all the episodes are out, they release a full season "box set" for quite a reasonable price.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] "Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People" Announced