Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] "We ruined Rush, now it's time for Cruis'n!"

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:27 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2007, 12:27 PM #1 of 11
"We ruined Rush, now it's time for Cruis'n!"

Actually Cruis'n was pretty stuffed from the get-go, but I liked them. :]

Originally Posted by some website
Players will be able to pick from "an impressive lineup of cars" that they can speed through twelve different street circuits. The title will be controlled with the Wii remote, presumably held classic style to steer. Meanwhile, the vehicles can be fitted with upgraded turbos, body kits, neon displays and nitrous boosters, among other things.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/800/800090p1.html

But but, the Cruis'n games are supposed to be about blurry 2D girls in bikinis starting you off on an adventure around the open highways of America and other non-American highways (like the Great Wall of China), crashing into semi-trailers that furiously spin round in circles while rocking out to the banjo jumble mess music! Not 'fully sick'ing up your glow in the dark shit boxes! No! Here we discuss all of the above (especially blurry 2D girls but ESPECIALLY semi-trailers). Next year Midway will bring back the Hydro Thunder name and it'll be a first person shooter with aliens that powerslide around corners. That'll cause a Hydro Thunder in my pants for sure.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Jun 27, 2007 at 09:45 PM.
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:56 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 09:56 PM #2 of 11
i like how a lot of the long forgotten retro games are coming to wii but this new
look gives me that midtown madness/Need for speed feeling but eh here hope it turns out Decent.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:51 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 09:51 PM #3 of 11
I hope you can do tricks like in Cruis'N World.

I enjoyed the first Cruis'N especially since you could control it for the N64 with only one hand. That was great.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:06 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2007, 07:06 AM #4 of 11
I just like the front plate on the car that says CRUZZZN.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:25 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2007, 01:25 AM 1 #5 of 11
But but, the Cruis'n games are supposed to be about blurry 2D girls in bikinis starting you off on an adventure around the open highways of America and other non-American highways (like the Great Wall of China), crashing into semi-trailers that furiously spin round in circles while rocking out to the banjo jumble mess music! Not 'fully sick'ing up your glow in the dark shit boxes! No! Here we discuss all of the above (especially blurry 2D girls but ESPECIALLY semi-trailers). Next year Midway will bring back the Hydro Thunder name and it'll be a first person shooter with aliens that powerslide around corners. That'll cause a Hydro Thunder in my pants for sure.
OH, tragic memories of playing this game came back to haunt the pants out of my... er... Oh crap, I used the noun already!

Cruis'n was DA BOMB back then but now that I'm older (none the wiser) it sucks more than an echidna on an ant infested, bikini-clad lady (AHEM).

It'll be interesting to see if they can make a bad racer into something relevant or significant. Here's hoping they keep the arcade style of gameplay as too many modern racing games seem to want to "keep it real(istic)". I wanna race on that rabbit-busting monument that is THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA!

Oh, and Hydro Thunder (MISS BEHAAAAVE!)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:03 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2007, 11:03 AM #6 of 11
Hmm, sounds like they're trying to turn it into Need for Speed Underground. I'd be fine it if Midway made the series into a Midtown Madness-clone, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 05:17 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2007, 10:17 PM #7 of 11
Fuck, I haven't played one of these since Cruisn USA. Which I got with my N64 in 1997. And I loved it. Fuck yeah, school bus. I was always the school bus.

Actually, I played Cruisn World at a bowling alley a few years ago. Didn't hold a candle to the first.

FELIPE NO
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 07:38 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2007, 06:38 PM #8 of 11
Used to love playing USA and World. The arcade I went to, inexplicable, had Cruisin USA set on freeplay. At some point I remember some gay shit like Exotica coming out? I just wish they'd upgrade these things without changing what made them fun in the first place.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:29 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2007, 11:29 AM #9 of 11
Yeah, Exotica was pretty spaz. I think that came out around the time Midway killed off their arcade development team responsible for the original Cruis'n and Rush games. But at least it wasn't as bad as Cruis'n Velocity on GBA!

MMMM, drivin' around a DOOM LEVEL!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 23, 2007, 04:37 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2007, 07:37 PM #10 of 11
First screens!

Track selection shows promise!

Umm. Wait what is this card..

Rules for Drawn Stud Poker?

Midway must have used a novelty Bob the Builder toy camera to capture these screens. That and it just looks pretty bad all round, but at least it's not another LA Rush sandbox disaster area!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2007, 07:53 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2007, 01:53 PM #11 of 11
Which format did you say this was on? Those graphics remind me of Rage Racer on the PS1. Hell, Burnout Legends on PSP looks better than that. How Midway haven't gone bust yet I'll never know...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] "We ruined Rush, now it's time for Cruis'n!"