Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 01:25 PM #51 of 55
Thank god I didn't read his post.

I might pick this one up later today or in a few weeks. Any idea on how well it's selling?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 10:14 PM #52 of 55
Well...my store sold out numerous times, but then again we got only a few copies per shipment.

However, I've not seen one traded in yet, so take that as you will. I assume most people are keeping it regardless of whether or not they liked it. Maybe it's fear of finding it again, a la the original Valkyrie Profile.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 08:25 PM #53 of 55
I picked this up today and just got through the first 'dungeon' (fighting that true vampire or something). This is my first time ever playing VP and I'm having a ball, but ...what's this about some time limit before Ragnarok? My characters could be weaksauce and I'd get ported to the War of the Worlds?

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 12:06 AM #54 of 55
Basically, going into towns, dungeons, and using the Spiritual Concentration take up periods, and each chapter consists of 24 periods. The game is designed to give you enough time to complete the entire game and go through every dungeon at least once and recruit every character, even in Hard mode.

The idea is that you wouldn't send weak characters up to Asgard. Instead, you train them, level them up, and give them at least something a little better than basic equips, and send them on their merry way.

If this is your first time playing VP, I'd really recommend getting either the guide or checking out GameFAQs.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:16 AM #55 of 55
Number of periods periods per chapter depends on difficulty. 24 is normal, 28 is hard. That's how it is with the psx version anyway. You usually have more then enough to spare to visit a couple of towns and/or a few dungeons.

Wouldn't worry too much about your transfered characters dying. I've seen it happen once, and that was a level 1 character from chapter 1. Just equip whoever you want to transfer with a emerald necklace, which you should get pretty early, and use the experience orb to level them up 5/6 levels. Use the skill points you got to level up the skills that are nececarry for that chapter, like Tactics, Find Trap, Survival, etc. Increase their hero value to max, and give them whatever armor and weapons you can make with divine item at the time, and your good to go.

I strongly suggest you play "hard" because it's not actually hard at all. There's a few differences, but they are minor to say the least. The reason you want hard is because you'll be able to do everything there is in the game. There are 4 minor crappy shor dungeons that only show up in easy and normal, but there's 8 major dungeons that only show up on hard, along with a extra einherjar, and the best armor and weapons in the game. Seriously, go hard.

Now if by that this time, it's too late for you, let me give you a few tips at least.

1. After recruiting these characters:

Spoiler:
Arngrim, Badrach, Belenus, Janus, Kashell, Llewelyn, Mystina, Nanami, Yumei

Go back to their house, IN THE CHAPTER YOU GOT THEM, and you'll get a item that they once had. It's usually nothing special, but some of the items will help you a great deal. Arngrim for example, will give you a Dragon Slayer. These swords break easily if you use them casually, but if you use them against dragons, they die in 1 hit.

2. Along the way you might find special items, called Element Scepter and Ether Scepter. They have a high chance of breaking, but they do something that will help you a great deal. Having these equiped on one of your mages, they'll be able to unleash the great magicks. Their PWS are a lot more powerful, try it out. You can find a element scepter in the first dungeon, the Artolian Mountain Ruins.

Another interesting feature these items have, is that you can transmute them in Tome of Alchemy. These tomes will pretty much always instant kill all enemies AND when they die they drop a SHITLOAD of blue crystals. Each crystal increases experience earned by 5%. Good thing to carry around, believe you me.

3. If you get a item called Bracelet of Zoe, use it. if you have this equiped when you levelup you get 300 DME for free. It does stack, so you can equip 2 to get 600. In my last game, my mage was using them the entire game, and she had more health then Valkyrie. Use the experience orb whenever you only need a little experience to levelup, because unless you know what you're doing, you won't get more then two bracelets of zoe in the entire game.

4. if you don't want to spent a lot of skill points on a character you are going to transfer, make sure you check out the divine item list. There's a number of items that you can make, that mimic a skill.

Stuff like Angel Lips will mimic "Negotiator", Flame Bandana mimics "Brave", Pearl of Karula mimics "Swim"

It's not much, but it does usually save you a level or two so you don't have to spent too much experience orb on that character. Don't bother ever leveling them up manually, ever! It's not worth the time. You'll get plenty of experience during the game to go with. At the end of a "hard" game you'll end up with around 8 million if I remember correctly.

FELIPE NO

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)

Last edited by Xellos; Sep 10, 2006 at 09:18 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP