Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tagging mp3 compilations

Darsh
blargh

Member 1375

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:56 PM #1 of 3
Tagging mp3 compilations

I know this is a noobish question about renaming mp3s, but whats the best editor that can mass tag an album to put the artist name in the title track? For example, on tribute albums or festival shows, Id rename the albuml to "compilations" or "various artists" and for the actual songs Id like to have the artist name in the song title. Think of it all for ipods sake. For example

Album - Homage To The Gods A Tribute To Sodom
Artist - Various Artists
Title - Impaled Nazarene - Burst Command Til War

Ive used a program before that did that kind of mass editing but it was a few years back, it might have been mp3tag or even foobar. but yeah...thanks in advance guys.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Alucard

Master of the Archives

Member 228

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:56 AM #2 of 3
Well, tag & rename is a common one to go with, and here's my 2 cents...

Tag your artists tags like you want.. as regular as they should be

However, make sure the album artist tag (or <band> in foobar) has Various Artists, or whatever you want itunes to see as the album artist... and then voala... good to go.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:23 AM #3 of 3
I use mp3tagstudio and mp3tag. mp3tag makes a lot more sense and basically does all the same stuff that mp3tagstudio does. mp3tagstudio kind of has a learning curve to it, but once you figure it out it's not too shabby for rearranging file names to a specific way you like.

To each their own on their naming preferences, but I go with each folder containing its own album, and within that going with the basic: TrackNumber - Title.

Since it's already tagged as being part of a specific album in the tag, and seperated out in its own folder, it would seem redundant to have the artists' name in the file name, too. And when I need to do a compilation album/soundtrack, I usually go with: TrackNumber - Title (Artist)

It seems to mesh pretty well with my iPhone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Tagging mp3 compilations