Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Rant] Bullshit gaming, you know how it is.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:55 PM #51 of 56
Scream. Self buff Brave, Speed, Attack and Magic.
Ah, that's right. I remember thinking it was some kind of Buff, but couldn't remember what. I think I usually rolled with Ramza as either a Monk or Knight (I think Monk) with his Squire as his secondary and usually tore shit up. Fuck, this is making me want to go play the PSP version I got distracted from

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Jun 12, 2010, 02:29 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2010, 03:29 PM #52 of 56
A Ramza with full monk abilties really does tear pretty much all the shit the game throws at you up. Hamedo alone makes him a beast of proportions, but the ability to heal HP and MP AND revive fallen members doesn't hurt either. Chakra was a key ability in the Wiegraf battle for me. The only unfortunate thing IIRC is that Punch Art abilities tend to be weaker if your not fighting with the martial arts support ability, so a squire Ramza using a sword's Punch Art attacks won't be as potent.

Add the ninja's two-swords and the thief's move+2 and you've got yourself a war machine.

Most amazing jew boots

Juggle dammit
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:26 PM #53 of 56
Thats an interesting combo, Rychord. I never really bothered with certain classes like Monks or Time Mages; I tended to go for "tank" abilities like double strike, Holy and Throw Item. I always mean to go back to the game one more time and really make something huge from it but I honestly think that if it hadn't come out the year that it did (when I was still in high school) I don't think I'd have the appreciation or time to play it today.

I was speaking idiomatically.
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:19 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 03:19 AM #54 of 56
I can honestly say that this game and Castlevania SOTN are pretty much the only two reasons I ever break out the old PSX nowadays. I've played FFT all the way through at least 3 or 4 times, and on the last playthrough I finally got to messing around with calculators and mimes quite a bit, which can actually be rather neat, even though the mime is kinda tricky to control well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Juggle dammit
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:44 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2010, 12:14 AM #55 of 56
When it comes to the gaming bullshit, as other have said:

I've had tons of trouble with the Velius fight just because I was interested in trying every class out. I never really focused certain classes on various characters. It also didn't help that I was more focused on eliminating every enemy on the screen. So I usually went after the arc demons first, in which I should of just went after Velius first.

How I managed to beat him, is that I had Ramza with the Monk class, and used counter, two swords, and punch art and I managed to kill him in two to four hits (I can't remember). It took me about 13 tries to actually beat this fight.

I guess some other instances of gaming bullshit I remember from some of the more recent games I've played over the last few years.

Final Fantasy X: The inability to skip cut-scenes. There were a few boss fights I had a lot of trouble with later on in the game. It annoyed me beyond belief that I had to watch the same cutscene over and over again just to get to the fight and as fast as I use to push the x button, it never made that much of a difference.

Castlevania - Order of Ecclessia: The fight against the crab monster. When I fought this monster on top of the lighthouse, I wasted so much time wailing away at him. Wondering if he would ever die, it never occurred to me to get to the elevator shaft and press down to finally kill the boss. I actually wasted about 15 to 20 minutes, just hitting the crab hoping he would die.

Trauma Center - Under the Knife: The X missions. I understand that when you play some of the x missions they are not suppose to be easy. That's understandable; It should have a moderate amount of difficulty, not an insane amount of difficulty. In both trauma center games for the ds I never been able to pass the first x mission ever. I couldn't even get close even using the healing touch. I've seen people that have beat them, but my reflexes just aren't fast enough. Fuck those missions.

FELIPE NO
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2010, 05:42 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2010, 06:42 PM #56 of 56
What the hell, guys. Games can't make you guys suffer? Suffering is GOOD dammit.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Rant] Bullshit gaming, you know how it is.