Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Webcam not synchronizing good enough...

Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:15 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2010, 11:15 AM #1 of 3
Webcam not synchronizing good enough...

Hey,

I have been googling around on the net, but I couldn't find the answer. I just recently bought a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema yesterday, but when I'm trying to test if the webcam video is going smoothly on my own laptop before doing a video call on the net example Skype, it doesn't, so I was wondering if it's normal that generelly all webcam is going slowly? it's like delay when I'm moving plus when I'm doing any sounds, ergo not synchronizing good enough. Perhaps delay for 2 seconds or something.

Any solutions how I can fix the problem? Do you guys think it has something to do with the USB port?

Help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:20 PM Local time: Jan 11, 2010, 02:20 AM #2 of 3
Try increasing the light level in your room. Webcam CCDs aren't that good in general and with a low light level the firmware increases the shutter speed (means the shutter stays open longer) which results in a framerate drop.

Sometimes the webcam comes with some tools to adjust shutter speed and CCD gain manually, so you can still get your 30fps out of the cam - but by sacrifizing image quality (pixel noise increases).

Low FPS are usually experienced as laggy video input.

Of course that's one possible problem. You can also try looking into the video formats your webcam supports, mostly you can switch between a bunch of YUV formats and MJPEG. Try MJPEG since it results in a lower USB bandwidth consumption and therefore could help if the USB is the problem.

How ya doing, buddy?
davidmorgen19
Banned

Member 35894

Level 1.02

Jun 2010

Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:19 AM #3 of 3
For your problem solution go to web cam setting and set maximum fps. you get smooth video. but if you have low bandwidth of you net connection then you faced same problem. for solve it you just need to increase you bandwidth and you problem will be solve.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Webcam not synchronizing good enough...