Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Brütal Legend: YOU CAN'T KILL THE METAL. METAL WILL LIVE ON.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:08 PM #76 of 106
What's everyone's problem with Gamestop?

I actually found Koudelka for about 20 bucks once.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:53 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2009, 09:53 PM #77 of 106
Saw a good chunk of gameplay at PAX. It's looking to be fun to play, and Jack Black has some great lines.

I was speaking idiomatically.
reikijenosaido
Wark!

Member 320

Level 2.38

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2009, 03:40 PM #78 of 106
Brutal Legend Demo Graphical Issues

Just finished going through the brutal legend demo on ps3 and while the game did indeed melt my face it seemed like there were a lot of graphical issues for something this close to release. Pop in, jaggies, artifacting etc. I was wondering if anyone had tried out the 360 demo. Are the problems present there as well?

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:42 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2009, 09:42 AM #79 of 106
For those Xbox 360 owners who didn't pre-order the game, the demo goes up for grabs on Xbox Live tomorrow.

I totally forgot about the demo too. I was out of town this weekend with other things going on and I'm downloading it right now. I'm really stoked to be playing it already.

FELIPE NO
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:05 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2009, 04:05 PM #80 of 106
I actually did pre-order it... but only very recently, so I'll be able to play the demo a whole day early

--Edit--

For those with sensitive ears, an option is available for you:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:03 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2009, 01:03 PM #81 of 106
I just finished playing the demo earlier and...

Well, let's just say I'm creaming my metal chaps in anticipation for ROCKTOBER 13th!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 04:24 PM #82 of 106
Dark Nation, I hope that the bleeping is akin to how Metalocalypse does it with electric guitars and stuff. Because if so fuck yes awesome! =')

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 01:27 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 08:27 AM #83 of 106
YouTube Video

I laughed heartily. 666 MILLION DOWNLOADS, OR ELSE

NO EXCUSES SCHAFER

EDIT:
replaced with youtube since no one clicks links anyway

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Oct 2, 2009 at 02:44 AM.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 09:18 AM 1 #84 of 106
I tried out the PSN demo and I found it to be fun but not something I'm eagerly exited for.
I wasn't a fan of the controls because they felt a bit clunky and I'm sure the game will have some sort of huge epic ending but it's not a game I would pay full price for, I'll just wait for a price drop.

New Record!
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 06:49 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 05:49 PM #85 of 106
YouTube Video
I laughed heartily. 666 MILLION DOWNLOADS, OR ELSE

NO EXCUSES SCHAFER

EDIT:
replaced with youtube since no one clicks links anyway
Tim Schafer > All of us.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:10 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 06:10 PM #86 of 106
http://www.doublefine.com/site/comme...y_a_few_tears/

Speaking of, this is worth reading for the lulz.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 3, 2009, 09:54 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2009, 04:54 PM #87 of 106
Quote:
I was so excited I put an extra hump in the “m” in my signature.
Dying. I adore this man so much, that cover letter is the greatest thing ever. I've read the Ball Blaster story before, probably in an EDGE interview. Awesome stuff.

FELIPE NO

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:24 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2009, 09:24 PM #88 of 106
Gamestop fucked me over on my pre-order (I'm never shopping there again, but that's another story.) and I was forced to buy it elsewhere. But hey, I ended up buying it at Best Buy and, if you buy it there, you get a download token to nab the Brütal Legend Three-Pack (Motörhead - We Are The Road Crew, Testament - More Than Meets The Eye and Tenacious D - The Metal) of downloadable songs from the Rock Band store. For those of you who own Rock Band 1 or 2, this is infinitely better than the GameStop "exclusive" Tenacious D axe, since you can actually use this outside of this game. Plus, seriously, FUCK GameStop.

Also, FUCKING TESTAMENT, GODDAMNIT!

Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:12 AM #89 of 106
Does the Tenacious D axe even do anything special? =o

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:55 AM #90 of 106
Gamestop fucked me over on my pre-order (I'm never shopping there again, but that's another story.) and I was forced to buy it elsewhere. But hey, I ended up buying it at Best Buy and, if you buy it there, you get a download token to nab the Brütal Legend Three-Pack (Motörhead - We Are The Road Crew, Testament - More Than Meets The Eye and Tenacious D - The Metal) of downloadable songs from the Rock Band store. For those of you who own Rock Band 1 or 2, this is infinitely better than the GameStop "exclusive" Tenacious D axe, since you can actually use this outside of this game. Plus, seriously, FUCK GameStop.

Also, FUCKING TESTAMENT, GODDAMNIT!
Brutal Legend is also one of several games this week that Best Buy is giving a $10 gift card with if you're part of their Reward Zone program, so I picked it up there for the song pack and getting $10 back in a month or so. My Toys R Us didn't have it in yet this morning, so I couldn't get it as part of their buy 2 get 1 free sale anyway.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2009, 02:18 AM Local time: Oct 15, 2009, 12:18 AM #91 of 106
I don't know how many of you are completion-obsessed but, in case you are, I found nifty little map with locations for almost everything; they apparently only have 97% of the stuff found. I might make use of it later but right now I'm having a blast finding out where the bound serpents are.

I've already purchased a ton of upgrades for the Deuce, found 40 serpents, have every available upgrade in the Motorforge so far and still have 800 fire tributes to spare.

Additional Spam:
HOLY SHIT! Brian Posehn is in this game too!? He plays a dude called "The Hunter" and he gives you hunting challenges to beat his scores. Fucking DYING over here!

Last edited by Paco; Oct 15, 2009 at 03:08 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2009, 03:28 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2009, 01:28 PM #92 of 106
Shit, the longer I go on the game just gets better.

MASSIVE spoilers ahead.

Spoiler:
So you defeat Lionwhyte and of course everyone is peachy keen when Lars stops and decides that Doviculus must be stopped once and for all, but that's also a short-lived promise because Doviculus comes raining on their parade looking for "Succoria" which by now is suspected as Ophelia due to the Black Tear Rebellion. Doviculus denigrates the human race until Lars, who along with the rest of the team, hid, came out and proclaimed himself the "king of all humans". Doviculus was all "uh, no." and proceeds to stab Lars dead. Lita escapes with the bus while Eddie and Ophelia makes a daring escape when Doviculus summons a monster to destroy the Pleasure Dome to the music of Dragonforce's " Through the Fire and Flames" which made the escape very. fucking. awesome.

Spoiler:
Currently found out that Eddie is the son of Riggnarok (ballin') and currently fucking around. Bladehenge is occupied by Doviculus so enemies there are harder. The town I'm in is a jungle and currently making frequent trips to Succoria's (Ophelia unleashed due to plot device) turf, which is very gloomy, which impressed me a fucking lot. Doom metal man! The chandeliers, gravestones and the overall atmosphere of the place just emits Doom metal. Fuckin' 5 stars.

Currently out of Tributes because things are very expensive later on, so I just look for serpents to free and relics to raise. Plus my Deuce right now look fucking sexy. Also got that solo where you cover an area with fire which is just <3.

Most amazing jew boots
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 02:16 AM #93 of 106
I'm about ready to trade in Street Fighter IV, see if I can get any significant amount of cash for this. Tired of being broke, need this shit in my veins!

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:11 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2009, 06:11 AM #94 of 106
NO!!! Don't trade in SFIV! I still play online!

(I'm... lonely... )

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:52 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2009, 06:52 PM #95 of 106
Well I had pre-ordered from Gamestop online, so I'll let you know what the Tenacious D axe does after I get more into the game, since it just arrived today

(I decided to take the normal shipping time instead of paying more, thus why I have it now instead of sooner).

FELIPE NO
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 01:45 AM #96 of 106
I love this game so much. The trade was worth it. So worth it.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 02:36 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2009, 09:36 AM #97 of 106
I don't know how many of you are completion-obsessed but, in case you are, I found nifty little map with locations for almost everything; they apparently only have 97% of the stuff found.
Awesome! Thanks for this, I'm still enjoying driving around but I'm sure I'll eventually get sick of it and then this might be just the ticket.

This game is freakin' fantastic. I'm amazed at the general reception of "it's pretty good but", I really think this is one of the best games ever made. It's incredibly involved, really well-written, really balanced, original in gameplay without being too messy (I don't know what people are complaining about regarding "too many things at once", the gameplay is perfectly balanced for me), and the graphics engine and design are just incredible. It also has by far the best lip sync I've ever seen in a game. Seriously, these characters actually look like they're speaking, not like they're sock puppets for the voice actors. I was just blown away by that.

Easily my favorite game of the year, maybe even of the entire generation. Just fantastic.

Oh yeah. I'm thinking of getting a gold account so I can try some multiplayer, anyone here into that?

Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 02:43 AM #98 of 106
Awesome! Thanks for this, I'm still enjoying driving around but I'm sure I'll eventually get sick of it and then this might be just the ticket.

This game is freakin' fantastic. I'm amazed at the general reception of "it's pretty good but", I really think this is one of the best games ever made. It's incredibly involved, really well-written, really balanced, original in gameplay without being too messy (I don't know what people are complaining about regarding "too many things at once", the gameplay is perfectly balanced for me), and the graphics engine and design are just incredible. It also has by far the best lip sync I've ever seen in a game. Seriously, these characters actually look like they're speaking, not like they're sock puppets for the voice actors. I was just blown away by that.

Easily my favorite game of the year, maybe even of the entire generation. Just fantastic.

Oh yeah. I'm thinking of getting a gold account so I can try some multiplayer, anyone here into that?
Every little bit of enthusiasm put into the presentation is just amazing. I get excited at EVERYTHING I find.

Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:57 AM #99 of 106
Mighty fuck, this game is almost tied with Demon's Souls for goty, imo. Fuck yeah.

In other news, is a handy compiled soundtrack made yet?

There's also this one awesome piece that plays if you don't have the radio/car nearby, but I can't find a name to it

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2009, 01:21 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2009, 08:21 AM #100 of 106
Unfortunately the official score pieces aren't labeled (other than as "original score") on the pause screen... Definitely hoping for an OST at some point of the original tracks, some of them are fantastic. I really like the one that plays right before you fight Lionwhyte, when you arrive at his palace of pleasure or whatever it's called.

Anyway enough banter: Brutal Legend OST : Music > Game Music - Mininova. Not sure if it's truly complete etc. but that's the one I grabbed a couple days ago, so it works at least.

EDIT: Slightly better quality version of Kabbage Boy - Girlfriend

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Brütal Legend: YOU CAN'T KILL THE METAL. METAL WILL LIVE ON.