Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your old on-line addictions

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:23 PM #1 of 38
Your old on-line addictions

What MMORPGs (or online games) did you use to be addicted to in the past (or at least, play a lot). A list on my side:

* World of Warcraft
* Guild Wars
* Unreal Tournament
* R.O.S.E.
* MapleStory
* LineAge 2

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:31 PM #2 of 38
Counter Strike, Counter Strike, Counter Strike.

The only way to free your addiciton on that game is to somehow sell your account. I sold mine on Ebay.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:46 PM #3 of 38
* World of Warcraft
* UT99/2004
* Freelancer
* HL2 Deathmatch
* Clonk Planet/Endeavour

I don't think anyone heard about Clonk. Try it, it's great fun
Wish they made a sequel to Freelancer though, the game was pretty good in multiplayer.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:47 PM #4 of 38
Isn't Clonk the game with tanks shooting each other worms-style?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cachecrash
Just Me

Member 99

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:47 PM #5 of 38
Well me first online addiction started with Ultima Online: The Second Age, I played that game day and night with friends from school. After about 6 months of UO my mom decided to pull the plug. After that I think I tried to get back into it, and just didn't like playing it anymore.

Following that I got into the beta test of Shattered Galaxy. Played it for a couple of months but after many changes and actually having to pay to play the game decided to quit playing it.

Final Fantasy XI got me back into playing MMORPG's after not playing for a couple of years. Played the game for a good 1 1/2 years but quit because of problems inside a linkshell that killed the flavor of the game.

My current addiction is World of Warcraft. I’ve been playing this off and on for the past year. I have though been really into it for the past couple of months and hoping it sticks this time around.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Life is Life
Death is Death
and yet they're both shit
Ekon
Carob Nut

Member 44

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:16 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:16 PM #6 of 38
Ooh let's see.

Diablo/Diablo 2
Starcraft
Unreal Tournament
Counter-Strike
Quake 2 & 3
EverQuest
EverQuest II
City of Heroes
Ragnarok Online
Lineage II
World of Warcraft

There's definitly more but the list above is all I can remember for now. I was a huge EverQuest addict. Played partly during 8th grade all the way up to my junior year of high school. I ended up being one of those pathetic idiots you always hear about losing their social life and failing school because of the addiction. I was playing 8-12 hours a day . Finally quit when I couldn't stand the long hours of doing nothing while waiting for a raid to form. Been a year and a half since I quit, and everything is back to normal.

My current online addiction is Ragnarok Online, but I'm limiting myself to playing that 5 hours max. I'm trying to find a decent agp video card so I can jump back into World of Warcraft as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:17 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:17 PM #7 of 38
D2
TFT (Still play it)
WoW - Broke the habit twice (MADE MONEY!)
Sim City 2000

FELIPE NO
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:27 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:27 PM #8 of 38
  • Diablo 2
  • Everquest
  • Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast and Xbox)
  • Ragnarok Online
  • Anarchy Online
  • Guild Wars
  • World of Warcraft

With all the online games and MMORPGs that I've played, the fascination does not last long. The longest gaming spree where I played a game consistently lasted about 4 months. Although, sometimes it is pretty fun to pick up a game I haven't played in a while.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:40 PM #9 of 38
I used to play a MUD....called Barren Realms...had the addiction from at least 1996 to 2003. Played off and on...ah I miss MUDs.

Did Everquest from 2002-2004...and now doign WOW. Probably will quit soon though.

CileGray
Chocobo

Member 611

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:48 PM #10 of 38
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I used to play a MUD....called Barren Realms...had the addiction from at least 1996 to 2003. Played off and on...ah I miss MUDs.

Did Everquest from 2002-2004...and now doign WOW. Probably will quit soon though.
It was named Barren Realms elite and is the first game made ages ago by now famous (for Utopia and Earth 2025) Mehul Patel. I miss those old BBS games.

As far as online goes :

Starcraft
Diablo 2
Gunbound
UT
And no, clonk is not the tanks game... the tanks game is called 'Scorched earth'

I'm a zombie.
Agent Olive
Desert Rose

Member 249

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:55 PM #11 of 38
I used to be a HUGE WarCraft III player. I must have spent at least 5-8 hours a day playing that game, it consumed me.

Anubis
Melancholy Requiem

Member 1394

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:55 PM #12 of 38
* Ragnarok Online
* Guild Wars
* Unreal Tournament 2004
* Day of Defeat : Source

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:19 PM #13 of 38
For me it was Diablo 1 >> Then Starcraft, then D2, then the usual list.. CS, T4C, (the fourth comming, if nobody knows what that is) um, Unreal Tournament, Ragnarok Online, Guild Wars, Maple Story... Im playing some Civ IV online and man that game is tough... Not much else really... No more good 'free' games anymore.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:06 PM #14 of 38
UT99 and Starcraft are recurring online games. I played Final Fantasy XI for the month trial. I also played a lot of online poker last year (Party Poker and Paradise Poker). I play some of the Yahoo! Games from time to time, namely Gin, Literaiti, and Pool. Oh, I did try out some Kingdom of Loathing this past summer; it got boring after about a month.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
iamamoogle
Chimera

Member 1516

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:20 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:20 AM #15 of 38
I've never been much of an online gamer... but there are a few games that i really got into...

Ragnarok Online (Alpha)... though at a time where jobs were pointless... it was still incredibly fun... even more fun than the Beta (then again I was on 56K at the time)

Star Wars: Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight... oh how I loved Jedi Knight... had tons of mods and played a lot with my friends (Good ol' 2 CD game where both could be used to play online) on fanmade levels... I miss you Jedi High School with a grappling hook

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:19 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:19 PM #16 of 38
ROSE is the only multiplater game that I used to play a lot. I got until the second class change, but after that the servers would be reset or something, and I just didn't want to start all over again. I liked it though, and if it ever gets a decent release, maybe I'll play it again.

As for Diablo II, I played that one for days, but never online. I got it when we were on 56K at home, so I just couldn't play it decently online. It was probably my biggest addiction among PC games.

S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:15 AM #17 of 38
I'm not really addicted to anything now, but I used to be addicted HARDCORE to...
Deus Ex: Multiplayer
MapleStory
Alchemy Mu Online
The Whole Line of HL2 Games(CSS, DoDS, HL2DM, etc...)[now I just play these games for fun, totally unaddicted now, and try not to care how good I am, or anything that will make me super addicted again!]

I'm super sick of RPG's now, and usually play shooters, as they require a low commitment level. I really don't like to have my life led by improving for the sake of improving, as most RPG's seem to consist of just that principle. Somehow they are really addicting though...could be the natural human instinct to better one's self and to improve, constantly adapting and changing...or could just be lack of anything better to do, what do I look like an psychologist(sp?)? lol, anyways...

Yeah, that's about it

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:18 AM #18 of 38
Mine's is very obvious...PHANTASY STAR ONLINE! I lived on that game for about six months straight before I stopped playing it. Too bad online play isn't free anymore or I'd play Blue Burst.

Von
Tchaimscriabalustmaninoff

Member 1508

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:27 PM #19 of 38
Er, Neopets?

A lot of the games I played 'back then' I still have fun with now, going on once in a while with friends for some good ol' pvp in RO.

Actually, my biggest addiction a few years ago was ConquerOnline. There was this 'training ground' thing that let you put a recurring spell on a scarecrow, and you could leave the character there overnight. Although I look back and wonder how the freak I got through 120 boring-as-hell (the curve is worse than MapleStory) levels with boring-as-hell graphics and boring-as-hell gameplay.

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:28 PM #20 of 38
My online addiction begins and ends with Diablo II. I played that game so damn much, even though I only could play online once or twice a month. I stopped after patch 1.10 came out. The game was so much harder (in singleplayer at least, I never really tried 1.10 online), so I left. I'm a pussy, which is why I work at Initech.

the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:27 AM #21 of 38
The only game I was really addicted to was PSO Blue Burst. The nine months or so I played on the Japanese servers with my team was really awesome, and I've been sadly unable to recreate the experience despite signing up for the US version on multiple occasions. I "rescued" my JP character and play him offline on my GC now, though it's just not as fun playing by yourself. =/

1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
kilfrg7864
Syklis Green

Member 1005

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:45 AM #22 of 38
My Online addictioons started with RO in its liek early early beta tests when they only had first classes. Then i went onto D2..then to Lineage1(friggen amazing game).. then to RO again.... then to Dragon Raja. then to ffxi, then guild wars and lineage 2, then to WoW then i quit for about 3 months of any online game... then i went back to RO... lol yup thats my vast library of MMORPGS ive played....

other onlien gmaes include CS,SC,Warcraft, uhhh i know theres some other games im forgetting but oh well.

plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:21 PM #23 of 38
PSO on the Dreamcast. Then Ver. 2

I played a lot of SOCOM/SOCOM 2 for a while as well. In addition to Starcraft, and Warcraft 3.

FELIPE NO
Mystil
Carob Nut

Member 1042

Level 4.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:36 PM #24 of 38
My online addiction began with Phantasy Star Online version 1 and this addiction has extended outwards to Final Fantasy XI. I've been playing online games ever since 2001.

Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:16 PM #25 of 38
Diablo (less than a year)
Runescape (2 years+)
Dransik (now called Ashen Empires) (1 year)
Diablo 2 (1 year+)
Tibia (1 year+)
Star Wars Galaxies (1 and a half years)
WoW (current addiction)

Quite a history. It all began with Diablo about 6 years ago. We activated our internet connection for the first time. I was playing D1, and my brother asked me, "Why don't you play it online?" I did. Since then, I'm addicted.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Your old on-line addictions