Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Ouran High School Host Club

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 03:42 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 06:42 PM #76 of 102
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
The word that does come to mine when realizing that OHHC has come to a close is tragedy. I was very surprised at how serious and effective they managed to make the last two episodes, especially with all the fruity costume bits and Haruhi's dad present. A couple of things confused me at the end, even with the scenes in the credits and explaining most of it:

Spoiler:

1) So Kyouya himself was theoretically richer than the Tonerre company could afford?
2) All this talk about Honey and Mori's graduation I take it happened in the manga?
1)
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if he was richer, I'm guessing he heard rumours about the company being bought out and took steps to buy it before they had a chance. Its a very Kyouya-ish thing to do and I find it hilarious that he didn't care if he was going to succeed his father running it but would have been able to just buy it if he wanted to.

2)
Spoiler:
Honey and Mori mention at one point in the series (After episode 20 I think) that they are going to be dissappointed when they graduate and have to leave the other members of the host club. It may have been at greater length in the manga though, since I haven't read it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
joeymui
hime sama

Member 454

Level 16.99

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:08 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 05:08 PM #77 of 102
It's always sad to see a good animation end before the comics, when they were doing so well and the story was in line with the manga then all of the sudden just arrange for some sort of finale for the animation when in fact the story goes on much further in the comics. It just leaves you hanging there begging for more.

Well, next one I am following will be La Corda d'oro - Primo passo. I absolutely LOVE this manga. It's still an on going series but I hope the animation will follow the manga story line and don't just end half way like Ouran High School.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Box Lunch
kekekeke

Member 2110

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 03:29 PM #78 of 102
I started/finished the anime over the weekend and was wondering if anyone knew links to the manga..i got addicted ><

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

o_O
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 08:14 AM #79 of 102
Finally finished watching the remaining episodes:

Spoiler:
There needs to be more Haruhi doing "I'm a girl because I am" stuff. Plus that last costume in the final episode is kinda cute. The medival looking one.

How ya doing, buddy?
spikeh
Chocobo

Member 1808

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 10:49 PM #80 of 102
Regarding a possible sequel:
Spoiler:
We could get a sequel, where more of the manga is animated, but Mori and Hunny would both have graduated by then so new characters will need to be introduced. In fact, I've read two scanlated chapters from volume 10 by OMGTSRS and I can confirm that there are indeed new characters, probably to replace Mori and Hunny.

Regarding the manga:
Spoiler:
The latest scanlated chapters are up to volume 7, and have not caught up with the anime yet. The latest chapter to be scanlated was when Kyouya finds himself in a supermarket; so we don't yet know how far the manga goes.

You can find all the scanlated manga, up to volume 7, from gotlurk.

Most amazing jew boots
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 08:54 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 12:54 PM #81 of 102
Considering Haruhi was a girl in disguise, I was actually expecting the anime to follow on with a whole 'everyone discovers she is a girl' arc like other cross-dressing anime eg I My Me Strawberry Eggs.

It wouldn't have been a nice thing, but it would given the anime the serious and dramatic tone for the 'complication' of the story.

The ending worked quite well, I must say, but I really hate it when really awesome animes just kinda whip up something in the last few episodes that just HIT you outta NOWHERE!.
I guess the tone that the anime had built up over the months didn't really allow for that sorta overly long dramatic angst - more just on an episodic, character by character basis, which they did.

I REALLY want a Season 2 ;____;

Jam it back in, in the dark.
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 02:48 PM #82 of 102
I finally got both halfs of the OST from Nipponsei, and again my favourite song appears to be unreleased. I listened to all the tracks and did not find anything remotely close to that song played on acoustic for touching moments, right before Shissou plays. You can hear especially in the very last episode, and sometimes throughout the series when the characters realize something right at the end of the episode.

Most amazing jew boots
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:46 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 10:46 AM #83 of 102
Yeah I've been wondering about that very short guitar riff myself! XD
What exactly is it from, if not from the ED itself?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:44 PM #84 of 102
Edit: Nevermind, mis read stuff.

Last edited by Mojougwe; Oct 8, 2006 at 08:46 PM.
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:28 PM #85 of 102
I've only seen up to episode 5 with our anime club. It's a good anime and is one of the funniest I've ever seen (Especially the twins, they are crazy).

Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:19 PM #86 of 102
Recently got the two OSTs myself... I'm still annoyed that Haruhi doesn't have an image song. WTF. I suppose I'm mostly annoyed because uh, it's Maaya Sakamoto, and I like Maaya Sakamoto's music...

Love the Twins song though.

=+Yuni+=
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Member 14890

Level 7.40

Nov 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:16 PM #87 of 102
I was pretty annoyed that Haruhi didn't have an image song either. Maaya Sakamoto has an AMAZING voice. In the end I figured they just would rather Haruhi not have a song because the character can't really sing and it wouldn't make much sense.

All the character songs are great, but Mata Ashita is my favorite.

FELIPE NO
fuyusarah
sarah-chan

Member 16243

Level 1.00

Nov 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 04:55 AM #88 of 102
Hey, guys, I'm a new member. Hehe. Stumbled into this thread while looking for volume 8-9 mangascans. Does anybody know where I can get them? I only have until Vol 7.

Anyway... About Maaya-san not doing a Haruhi image song: It'd be fun, though, if Haruhi DID have an image song, but a tone deaf one, like what Takayama Minami did for Edogawa Conan. XD I'd like to get my hands on that song Haruhi lip-synced in Episode 19. It isn't on the OST...

About the short guitar riff everyone's asking about: Sadly, it seems like no one in fandom knows what this guitar riff is. But it does sound a lot like another version of the guitar solo in Shissou, doesn't it? (Sort of, anyway) Maybe there's going to be a third album or something? Hehe.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:02 PM #89 of 102
According to ANN, there doesn't appear to be a 9th volume. And it doesn't look like the 8th will be released until the end of January, next year.
Sorry. =(

Last edited by packrat; Dec 1, 2006 at 10:40 AM.
mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:26 PM #90 of 102
Just finished watching the Anime. The last episode was very touching, but there are a few things that I would like explained...if anyone has an explination..

how come Haruhi can go from Tom Boy to weak feminine just when she changes her clothes?
How come those rich Boys fall for her so easily?
and how come both fathers wanted Haruhi to marry into their family? They have noting to gain with her...not fame, not riches...and we know that is their main concern anyway..

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:44 AM #91 of 102
Originally Posted by mindOverMatter
how come Haruhi can go from Tom Boy to weak feminine just when she changes her clothes?
Getting into character? Mostly because she has to?

Quote:
How come those rich Boys fall for her so easily?
Its a (reverse)harem shoujo anime. That is the very nature of the show. No explanation is necessary, as it is just a given aspect of the genre.
Quote:
and how come both fathers wanted Haruhi to marry into their family? They have noting to gain with her...not fame, not riches...and we know that is their main concern anyway..
Most likely because she appears to be a very mentally strong and perceptive woman, very mature, competent, and very supportive. This makes her almost ideal marriage material, from a matrimonially practical standpoint.

mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:29 AM #92 of 102
strong, unarguable answers. They'll satisfy me for now. Thank you

Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?
heero_yud
hero of the ocean

Member 17382

Level 3.09

Dec 2006

Old Jan 11, 2007, 08:23 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 08:23 AM #93 of 102
I have just finished watching the episode 6 of the anime and the volume 3 of the manga but I really like it. I hope there will be second season soon.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 02:30 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:30 AM #94 of 102
Just watched the last episode, thus completing my least manly week in the last 3 years. But it was totally awesome, and I enjoyed it. Those guys were hot, especially Tamaki.

Also, Honey becoming my next av/sig soon when I get the chance. <3

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Last edited by nazpyro; Mar 8, 2007 at 03:04 AM. Reason: need to watch some man show after this
Spidey
Picture by: Peter Parker

Member 20820

Level 3.83

Mar 2007

Old Mar 8, 2007, 02:44 AM #95 of 102
I will go ahead and download this. The funniest anime are the ones that make americans blush and get shifty-eyed.

FELIPE NO

Things I know alot about: Marvel Comics, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and the Street Fighter Series.

Things I don't know about: Everything else.
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 02:52 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 05:52 PM #96 of 102
I will go ahead and download this. The funniest anime are the ones that make americans blush and get shifty-eyed.
Its excellent. I haven't read the manga but I've heard the anime did it justice, which is a fairly rare thing lately.

Besides, Tamaki is awesome.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
yuna00
Chocobo

Member 305

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2007, 06:04 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2007, 03:04 PM #97 of 102
i LOVE this anime! i have never laughed so hard watching an anime in my life! XD

when i showed our Japanese home-stay student the anime, he said these host club things exist in some schools! crazy! lol

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:37 PM #98 of 102
Have you guys heard those podcasts that come with the soundtracks?

I listened to them for a bit and sound really funny, it's hosted by Sakamoto Maaya (Haruhi) and guests Miyano Mamoru (Tamaki) and Matsukaze Masaya (Kyoya) from what I could tell, but I obviously have no idea what they're talking about. I really wish someone had a translation of it somewhere.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:07 PM #99 of 102
I just finished watching the whole anime. I downloaded episodes 1-16 in a pack by Lunar. I must say it was a very good anime, I enjoyed most of the episodes and it did make me laugh. It also did have its moments. I didn't really enjoy the last two episodes, though. After seeing those two episodes, I had come to the conclusion that the ending was not based on the manga and the manga was possibly still on-going. I looked it up later and found my speculation to be true. I suppose the ending the Anime had was too quick and sudden. The very end wasn't exactly as I had expected, but they still ended it in a way that would allow them to do a second season, even though that most likely won't happen.

Overall, it was a good anime. It's also not bad to rewatch.

Though I do have a question. I assume that most of the episodes from 1-24 are pretty much based on manga chapters. Is that true, and they probably made up the last two episodes not related to the manga?

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 03:24 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2007, 01:24 PM #100 of 102
According to Richer or poorer , they use SOME elements (Some of the plot elements and costumes, small stuff like that) from the manga for the last two episodes. Namely stuff from the the school festival arc. But the storylines themselves in those episodes are all anime. So they're not completely related, no.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Ouran High School Host Club