Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your Favorite Movie Moments

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 03:53 PM #1 of 26
Your Favorite Movie Moments

Plain and simple: What are some of those movie moments, we all have them, that get you on the edge of your seat. The moments in movies you were waiting for, or the ones that caught you by surprise. This might as well also include TV series and Anime. Whatever.

Return of the Jedi: When Luke catches the lightsaber (first time we see the green one) R2D2 shoots at him from Jabba`s sail barge. This was one of the first scenes I saw, as a child, from Star Wars. You just KNEW Luke was about to tear some shit up. Also, in ROTJ, when Luke finally summons his lightsaber and takes a swing at the Emperor, but not before Vader`s lightsaber crosses with Lukes!
The last Matrix movie: Ah, the final fight between Agent Smith and Neo.That shit was well done. I loved the rain affect when they both punch eachother fist to fist.
LOTR Fellowship of the Ring: Early in the movie, when it`s being explained how Sauron lost the One Ring. It was a great surprise seeing Sauron just fucking tossing people left and right in that brief scene.
DBZ: Man, the first time I saw Goku go SSJ3 (I got into DBZ real late) it was badass. Fucking took him a half hour to do it but still. The moment was later ruined when he went SSJ3 in a split second. WTF!? Probably even better was seeing Gohan go SSJ2... Even if it was way drawn out.
Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift: I loved seeing Vin Diesel`s cameo in the end. I`m such a fanboy for nostalgic shit like that.

That`s good enough for now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 05:12 PM #2 of 26
Any large explosion sequence. Ever.

Seriously, though, one of my favorite sequences in Unbreakable is when a guy tries to a comic from Elijah's gallery. The outburst is great:
"Do you see any Teletubbies in here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clipped to my shirt with my name printed on it? Do you see a little Asian child with a blank expression on his face sitting outside on a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well, that's what you see at a toy store. And you must think you're in a toy store, because you're here shopping for an infant named Jeb."

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 11:00 PM #3 of 26
The chest bursting scene in Alien.
Also when Brett is chasing after the cat, and the creature uncoils as it descends behind him. Awesome.

In Aliens, the scene where the Alien Queen is introduced. Jaw-dropping good.

In Seven when the sloth victim awakens. Everyone I know jumped the first time they watched the movie.

Will post more as they come back to me!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:31 AM #4 of 26
The ending of Fight Club when all the buildings are blowing up in the back ground and Edward Norton grabs Helena Bonham Carter's hand just as "Where is my mind" starts playing. Great way to end a movie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:37 AM #5 of 26
I love the ending scene in Lost In Translation where Bill Murray finds Scarlett Johansson in the street and catches her and whispers something in her ear that you can't hear...LOVE IT!!!!!

Also (and no laughing) I adore the whole "O Captain, my Captain" scene at the end of Dead Poets Society when the boys stand up on their desks.

Oh, and I could never forget to mention the scene in Schindler's List where Schindler has a breakdown at the end when the war is over and looks down at his wedding band and says, "This ring would have bought another person."
EDIT: Just re-read the opening post and realized that this post doesn't fit. Sorry. =/

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Alice; Sep 30, 2006 at 09:24 AM.
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 02:09 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 01:09 PM #6 of 26
Return of the Jedi: After Vader reveals to Luke his idea of turning his sister to dark side and they fight in the shadows as the choral music peaks. Then Luke cuts off Vader's hand and the Emperor's theme reappears while he realizes for a moment that he almost succumbed to the dark side.

DBZ: The first SSJ transformation is still the best for me. That was before it became a gimmick. When it meant something towards fulfilling the legend and avenging their race. As drawn out as it was, Goku vs Frieza was epic, though I admit it bugs me how it goes from anyone's victory to Frieza suddenly losing. I thought it was a great testament to Frieza's might that he was able to still make a close fight of it even after Goku had transformed in legendary fashion.

STTNG: There are many great moments, but one of the best ones is definitely at the end of the episode Clues. Patrick Stewart's expression is just perfect there. You wonder if some part of him somehow remembers the danger even though all their memories of recent events (except for Data's) were erased.

I'd love to add more, but I have to go to class, so I'll add some later.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
~MV
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 01:07 PM #7 of 26
The Royal Tenenbaums: Richie just found out about Margot's secret life and he goes into St. Clair's bathroom to cut his hair. He then says, "I'm going to kill myself tomorrow", and slits his wrists. There's the shot of his arms and of the blood seeping down, with the sink and his cut hair all over it.

That scene gets me everytime, the whole thing is just shot so beautifully and paired perfectly with "Needle In the Hay".

FELIPE NO

Last edited by kat; Sep 29, 2006 at 03:10 PM.
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:16 PM #8 of 26
Good idea for a thread

The first thing that I thought of was in X2 when you see the fires under the water at the end you know Phoenix is on her way. Then you watch X3, however, and you realize she should have just stayed dead this time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:19 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 01:19 PM #9 of 26
When Jake get's told to forget it because 'It's Chinatown'.

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:38 PM #10 of 26
This one's a TV one, Law & Order Season 6. Season 6, in case you don't know, was the first full season filmed with the death penalty returned to New York. Newcomer Curtis was all for it, nearly every other character was conflicted, but Kincaid, being unilaterally against it, became a total bitch. I'm not saying so because of difference of opinion, but every single time the death penalty was halfway mentioned she'd come out with a sermon, taunt, or just harass McCoy to death when he was really struggling with the decision. Anyway...

The season finale didn't have a case, it opened with all the principals watching a lethal injection, then dealing with it afterward. Kincaid went to her old law professor to mope about, and (here's the moment I'd been waiting all damn season for) he gives her a dressing-down for her holier-than-thou attitude and self-congratulatory depression. The capper is, as she's getting up to leave, the professor adds, "You know, your mother wants to know why you never come to dinner." Slapped down in elegant fashion by her own father! It was more than I'd hoped for.

Oh, and I should mention,
Spoiler:
she dies at the end of the episode driving Briscoe home.
But by then, I'd had all the gratification I needed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...
starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:28 AM #11 of 26
28 Days Later. The penultimate scene towards the end when the infected are attacking the soldiers and Jim has gone savage. It's such a brutal and intense sequence, a gloriously violent crescendo after a long and quiet build-up.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 01:12 AM #12 of 26
The Truman Show
- The scene where he really begins to be suspicious after he hears the radio guy telling others where he is going and then proceeding into him walking around the whole area (at the same time, Anthem - Powaqquatsi is playing).
- Also at the end when he is sailing and hits the end of the world persay. (FATHER KOLBES PREACHING by Wojiech Kelar = insanely sad)

Saw
- When you know who gets *up* when you had no clue (great music here too)

Philadelphia
-Obviously, the end scene here. With "Philadelphia by Neil Young" playing and everyone watching the clips.

Dark City
-The reveal of the living area. =0

The Green Mile
- The end of Gods own creation, while "boss" looks on, nothing to do, not knowing what God has in store for him.

Oh and of course 24 which is better then most movies and essentialy is one
- Jack in the Limo - Season 1
- Coliseum finale - end of season 2

All the above essentially are amazing throughout, but these are some of my favorite moments.

Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:05 AM #13 of 26
Almost every scene in Fight Club where Edward Norton's character beats the crap out of himself.

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:41 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 11:41 AM #14 of 26
I really love the moment of the movie Blade Runner where the android grabs the blade runner by the collar and screams "HOW OLD AM I?!" Sorry to be so vauge, but I haven't seen the movie for at least five years. The moment is great, because it really blurred the line between man and machine, and what the definition of life is.

I also really liked the moment in Dogma when Silent Bob threw the dude from the train, looked at the passenger, and said "No ticket." I know a lot of people got upset about Silent Bob speaking a line, but the context was both random, and notable. For everyone who didn't get the joke, it was paying hommage to Indiana Jones.

As far as anime goes, my heart was broken in Grave Of The Fireflies, when the fireflies were being buried, and they flashed back to the mass grave scene. It's just tough to watch.

"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 02:50 AM #15 of 26
"The ending of Fight Club when all the buildings are blowing up in the back ground and Edward Norton grabs Helena Bonham Carter's hand just as "Where is my mind" starts playing. Great way to end a movie."

I actually didn't feel satisfied with that ending. The song never seemed to fit right with the movie. Then again I'm a huge fan of the Pixies, so the song has personal significance. That might be a part of it.
Best part of Fight Club's ending is the flash frame at the very end.

A few (very few, maybe more later) of my favorites:

Waking Ned Devine: The eulogy scene, and the scene with the guy on the fiddle.

Snatch: When Bricktop wreaks havoc on Statham and Pitt's characters. The penultimate scene, with the fight and everything that goes along with it.

Layer Cake: Franky (or Freddy?) getting the shit beat out of him by Morty, in the cafe.

A History of Violence: All four scenes with violence.

Dead Ringers: The twins' downward spiral, especially toward the very end.

Seven Samurai, Straw Dogs, The Wild Bunch: The final showdowns in these three. Epic and incredibly well done.

Gummo: The bath tub scene. For being so hard to watch, despite nothing really happening.

Full Metal Jacket: Private Pyle breaking down.

The Deer Hunter: Russian Roulette. Nuff said.

King Kong (most recent remake): Fucking three T-Rexes. Best scene ever? Probably so.

FELIPE NO
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:24 AM #16 of 26
Originally Posted by starslight
28 Days Later. The penultimate scene towards the end when the infected are attacking the soldiers and Jim has gone savage. It's such a brutal and intense sequence, a gloriously violent crescendo after a long and quiet build-up.
I'm definitely with you on this.

Besides that it's all about the comedies.

There's Something About Mary
-Ben Stiller beats the crap out of a poodle on speed.
-After being questioned by the police, there's a misunderstanding between Stiller and the Police, and one guy goes crazy and slams Stiller's head against the table a few times.

The Big Lebowski
-Walter takes a crowbar to some kids car. It turns out to be the kid's neighbor's.

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 09:34 AM #17 of 26
Originally Posted by HostileCreation
Full Metal Jacket: Private Pyle breaking down.
GOOD CALL. Now I need to pull that movie out and watch it again. JUST FOR THAT SCENE!

"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:46 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 09:46 AM #18 of 26
Threads: At the end of the film when the girl gives birth to her rape baby, she looks down at it and something isn't right. Just as she's about to scream, the film freeze-frames, and that silent horror chilled me to the bone. I don't think there's been a single movie that made me feel more hopeless.

Apocalypse Now!: the last outpost before Cambodia, where the soldiers have no leader, yet they continue to build a bridge that the Vietnamese just keep blowing up.

Unforgiven: When Munny walks into Slim's saloon to kill Little Bill for the death of Morgan Freeman. Coolest scene in the history of forever.

Macross Plus: When the AI reactivates the Superfortress Macross set to the awesome soundtrack. Incredible visuals.

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:53 AM #19 of 26
One of the funniest scenes I've ever witnessed is in Liar Liar when he tries to lie about the color of the pen in his hand.

"The pen is r... r... royal blue!"

He ends up writing "blue" all over his face.

It's funny every time.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:53 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 12:23 PM #20 of 26
For me it would have to be in the old Batman movie with Adam West!

I loved the scene when he was tossed a bomb and he was unable to get rid of it. Everywhere he turned there would be a mother with a baby, the salvation army marching band, and even a bunch of ducks in a river.
He would say "You just can't seem to get rid of a bomb these days!" or something like that.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:58 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 09:58 AM #21 of 26
Originally Posted by Chibi Neko
For me it would have to be in the old Batman movie with Adam West!

I loved the scene when he was tossed a bomb and he was unable to get rid of it. Everywhere he turned there would be a mother with a baby, the salvation army marching band, and even a bunch of ducks in a river.
He would say "You just can't seem to get rid of a bomb these days!" or something like that.
"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

And I'll do you kids one better than telling you about my favourite movie moment, I'll show it to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Td2Ce2ZK2M

This is from the Royal Tenenbaums. I find it artful, beautiful, and incredibly powerful. If you've seen the movie, you probably already know what it is.

And this, though truthfully a dystopian action movie so it should be disqualified for predictability gets a nod because... well, "No... not without incident." And yes, I do mean all the scenes. I loved the way this flick was shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdfi16ba0u4

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:02 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 05:02 PM #22 of 26
The Lion King: Mufasa's death and Simba's ascension to Pride Rock. The former always makes me cry, the latter is simply amazing, and beautiful. It gives me the chills every time.

Titanic: Jack's death and the remembering scene with Rose right before the credits. Again, tears.

Naruto: The Third Hokage talking about the Will of Fire as the Konoha Ninja beat the shit out of the invaders. Fucking. Awesome.

The Matrix: Neo's revival. Terrific scene.

Kill Bill vol. 2: The scene where the Bride punches her way out of the coffin. Very good music.

Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:37 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 05:37 PM #23 of 26
Originally Posted by Megavolt
Return of the Jedi: After Vader reveals to Luke his idea of turning his sister to dark side and they fight in the shadows as the choral music peaks. Then Luke cuts off Vader's hand and the Emperor's theme reappears while he realizes for a moment that he almost succumbed to the dark side.
I'll second that. Probably the defining scene of both trilogies.

Fight Club: The protagonist's apartment becoming a live Ikea catalogue. Just hilarious...

Advent Children: Three moments that never leave me cold: The gang's reunion (starting with Barret firing at Bahamut)...
Spoiler:
...Cloud and Seph duelling between the falling rubble of ShinRa tower and Aeris briefly appearing in person at the end.

King Kong (remake): All Kong/Ann scenes, both the sad and the funny ones.

Cowboy Bebop: Not quite a movie (though there also was one) but the conclusion of episode 26 is still one of the best showdowns I've ever seen.

Most amazing jew boots
nitsu
Clearly Psycho

Member 148

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 01:26 PM #24 of 26
Kill Bill vol. 1, the fight scene between The Bride and O-Ren Ishii, the version of "don't let me be misunderstood" that plays during the first part is perfect.

Kill Bill vol. 2, the fight scene between Elle and The Bride. The end of this scene is my favorite part.

nitsu
Clearly Psycho

Member 148

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 07:21 AM #25 of 26
I can't forget the Cell Block Tango in Chicago (the one with Renee, Catherine and Richard).

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Your Favorite Movie Moments