Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Your Nintendo DS Library

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:22 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:22 AM #26 of 34
Originally Posted by Agrias
Pretty much it was supposed to keep me busy last winter vacation. Unfortunately, this (as you know) is the kind of game one can only play for (at max) an hour at a time, doing chores around town. Especially if you can't wi-fi, imho, you feel trapped in your own "wild" world.

It was a let-down for me, when everybody hyped it up so much. Even more-so with the wi-fi issue.
Yeah, that's true. I guess it was somewhat overhyped perhaps. I think most people kind of underrate it (maybe because they didn't play enough of the Gamecube game to notice how much more there is to do in this version), but if you're expecting a game that keeps you playing for hours at a time, then yeah that certainly isn't the one.

Personally, I was most disappointed by the Wi-Fi support in the game, I think they should've done a lot more with it to have special events if someone visits or so. It seems to me like everything just kind of closes down when someone comes to visit.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:37 PM #27 of 34
Mario Kart DS:
A great game to play, even on its single player modes. Though you almost need either a wifi connection or a group of friends to really get any replay value out of it. Don't get me wrong, its a blast and its controls are amazingly close to the N64's version. I'd be nuts to trade it in.

Meteos:
Its not bad, though playing with a pen just didn't sit right with me. I don't know, maybe it was the challenge factor. The surreal graphics and well made music being its only redeeming factors has caused me to keep myself from selling it =p.
Very neat concept though.

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Wow, I never expected this much from a portable game. Creative and funny were its strong points, the only other mario game to grab my attention this much was Super Mario RPG. It definitely has its moments (hammer bros scene especially) but the game itself just felt drawn out at certain points. Too much to do maybe?
Aside from the boring tasks you're given every now and again, its definitely one of those games you could play on those long road trips.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:38 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:38 PM #28 of 34
Originally Posted by Agrias
Pretty much it was supposed to keep me busy last winter vacation. Unfortunately, this (as you know) is the kind of game one can only play for (at max) an hour at a time, doing chores around town. Especially if you can't wi-fi, imho, you feel trapped in your own "wild" world.
Yeah, I tend to agree. There are serious limitations ignorantly shoved into the DS version for the three or four of us on stone age internet. I mean, I recall the item codes in the GC version being about four hundred pages long, and were a total pain in the arse to input via the controller. So here's DS, with a touch screen, and they remove them. This game needs a novelty sized warning on the cover much like Perfect Dark and its crucial need for an Expansion Pak. "YOU NEED THE INTERNET"

Most amazing jew boots
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:43 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:43 PM #29 of 34
I have a lot of DS games thanks to the amount of money I get each week (joking) but anyway I've lined my games up from the "worst" to the best.

Another Code: Two Memories
Alright game. Slow paced and no replay value, but the story and puzzles are what make it alright.

Bomberman DS
Single player is repetitive and boring. Why is this yellow? It is yellow simply because of its multiplayer. The epitome of multiplayer fun.

Project Rub
Quirky and charming mini-game game. Though most games are the same, the weirdness of the game helps keep you entertained. Great music too.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Superstar Saga on GBA is way better. Basically that plus graphics and sound. Puzzles are fun thanks to the ability to control 4 characters at once.

Electroplankton
It's really unorthodoxed, this game, making it hard to review. As a concept it is brilliant. As a game... ??? Purely for the muso.

The Sims 2
If you're a Sim whore, this is great. For those not with the Sims, only if you got a lot of money. Nice graphics and extra features though.

Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario 64 + touch screen capabilities, four different characters, 30 more stars and mini-games galore. As a package, though, a bit weak.

Warioware Inc.
The other WarioWare games are better. Still fun, however. Hilarious mini-games, a toy room and some imaginative use of DS' features rock here.

Jump Superstars
From an unbiased point of view, the graphics sound and gameplay are average... BUT MAAAN A CROSSOVER OF MANY CLASSIC ANIMES OMG!

Animal Crossing: Wild World
You play life in this likeable and playable game. Though extremely slow paced (like life) it is addictive. Wi-Fi makes it more addictive.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Though lacking in the replayability department, the diaglogue, story and comedy are what make this game classic. One of the better DS games.

Advance Wars Dual Strike
Just misses out on the red because of the lack of Wi-Fi!!! One of the greatest DS packages period. Plus features galore in every corner of the game.

Mario Kart DS
Though the Wi-Fi is too simple and sometimes inconvenient, Mario Kart DS is the best of the series. Great mechanics and nice graphics.

Nintendogs
Controversial for this forum yes... but this game ain't one of the biggest selling DS games period for no reason. Shows why the DS is a Revolution.

Osu! Tatakae! Quendan!
This choice is a personal preference, but this is one of the best import, music DS games you can get. J-pop ain't for some, but this is one hell of a game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:35 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:35 PM #30 of 34
I've only got 4 DS games so far - that said, aside from the Metroid Hunters Demo, which I won't be colour-marking here for obvious reasons of irrelevancy.

Super Mario 64 DS
A very good rendition of such a classic, proposed in a fashionable change that makes good profit of the occasion. I particularly liked the alternative mini-games. While some of them were filler revisions of an identic formula, others really stood up for amusement factor and originality.

Yoshi Touch 'N' Go
The minimalistic essence of the new DS philosophy, or should I say, approach to gaming. In my view, this game represents a beautiful starting boost, an entertaining example of how touchscreen-based games should be developed.
The simplest idea, yet the most fun. And this game is endlessly fun to me.

Mario Kart DS
Need I to say anything about this jewel? It's the pioneer game of the Nintendo WiFi Technology and its tortuous tracks and improved mechanics make it a perennial blast to wage through. Fantastic.

Electroplankton
An unusual experiment, so much queer as effective in its intentions. Not even a game, as anyone would concur that this is more of a source of musical inspiration and, more generically, a way to soothe yourself in a very curious way of gameplaying. Geniality at its best.

And that's it. On a related note, I plan on buying many more titles in the days/months to come - but I'd like some help on the matter.
Could you, for instance, kind of direct me to some good e-site?

I'm looking for an online store that:
- has a proper selection of U.S. and Japanese Nintendo DS games
- reasonably-priced worldwide shipping through Airmail
- allows to mark packages on the famous GIFT/SAMPLE tags.

No clue so far, but thanks in advance for any help...

Most amazing jew boots
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:49 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:49 PM #31 of 34
Lik-sang.com is my prefered site for import titles. I don't think you can mark packages as gift, but on the other hand they ship games for free (and also have fairly reasonable fast shipping), and I've never had any of their packages stuck at customs.

FELIPE NO
Agrias
Holy Knight

Member 1338

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:03 AM #32 of 34
Anybody getting Super Princess Peach anytime soon? I'm planning on buying it Wednesday, with all the hype and great reviews (reader reviews and player reviews, not the "official" reviews like IGN), and I've been looking forward to a great platformer. Since difficulty isn't an issue with me, I'm sure it'll be a good experience but I wanna know you guys' opinions first.

SPP- yea or nay?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:00 PM #33 of 34
Well, here's the list of my HUGE DS library....

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Mario and Luigi 2

I don't really need more DS game for the moment, although I plan to buy Resident Evil and Viewtiful Joe when they're gonna be at a bargain price. 30$ and more is way to much for an handled game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Currently Playing: Kingdom Heart II
Waiting for: Nothing this month
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:48 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 04:48 AM #34 of 34
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Quite frankly, I'd probably have to put this as one of my top five games of all time. It manages to be fairly simple in concept, yet amazingly complex in action (much like chess). There's nothing about this game I can't say isn't excellent - the gameplay, the replay value, the music, the hand-drawn art, the localization/writing; everything adds up to be near perfection. The only real flaw I think the game has is a few minor balancing issues with certain CO's.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Excellent 2D platforming action, and even though it's short, I still play it off and on to this day. Has some of the best sprite models I've ever seen.

Phoenix Wright
To echo a sentiment of Infernal Monkey's:
IT'S PHOENIX WRIGHT

Mario Kart DS
Seemingly the best Mario Kart of all time when you first start playing it; after a while you notice all the subtle flaws, particularly when playing online. Still a great game, but I still think the 64 version is better.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Great game, got a little over halfway through, I think, but then I didn't play it for a few days and forgot how to do everything. I'll try picking it up again someday, and hopefully I won't have to start over to relearn how to do everything.

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble!
Another great 2D platformer. If you loved Viewtiful Joe but thought Viewtiful Joe 2 was too much of a rehash, I'd highly recommend this game. It's got "similar but different enough" gameplay (I particularly like the ability to literally move the top half of the screen left and right, often used in bypassing walls), and the graphics are nearly as good as the Gamecube versions. Also, it's a lot funnier; the first world is based on Robo-cop and has a Robo-cop-like boss, the second is called "Nightmare in Xmas," has a couple Resident Evil referrences, and features a very much Edward Scissorhands-like boss.

Kirby: Canvas Curse
Incredibly fun, if short game. I have yet to use all the unlockable characters, though.

Sonic Rush
Huzzah for a non-3D Sonic game!

Metroid Pinball
If you'd never heard of the concept of pinball before, you'd think it was designed for Metroid. A solidly entertaining game, with excellent music to boot.

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Now that I've got the maximum sized house, tons of furniture, got several of the golden tools, etc., and suddenly the other day I'm wondering, why did I play this so much? It just seems like a waste of time now. I haven't even played multiplayer with anyone for over a month, and that's the only thing that makes it mildly worth it.

Bomberman
One of the best Bomberman multiplayers of all time (personally, I love having only one door between the two screens), although it doesn't have all the awesome power-ups of Super Bomberman 5. Can't stand the single player. This would definately have been at least an orange if it was online.

Nintendogs
Seems great at first, but there's just not much to do. Would have been much better if it had more long term goals. Especially ones that actually mattered, not just stupid background changes (the different appartments/houses you can get).

Mario 64 DS
It's kind of fun to play through the game as Yoshi, but I probably wouldn't have gotten this had it not come with my DS. The multiplayer and mini-games are somewhat decent, as well.

My siblings own Yoshi Touch and Go and Mario and Luigi 2, but I have yet to get around to playing them. Too many games to play.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Last edited by StarmanDX; Mar 9, 2006 at 06:07 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Your Nintendo DS Library