Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator

Jarllax
Carob Nut

Member 968

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:09 PM #1 of 7
Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator

So this game comes out 4/4/06 for what seems to be $39.99. Pretty cheap it seems for a new game these days.

Main Site:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Conten...US-97502/Site/

The game is being made by the same developers as the Gran Turismo series, so if you are like me and enjoyed those games this should be very simular.

It is to include over 100 real bikes, with over 35 courses (probably mostly the same as GT4), as well as customizable riding gear.

From what I've seen of the videos the handling looks amazingly realistic but if you are familiar with GT4 the graphics look like they have received little to no upgrade (which is okay with me as GT4's graphics were stunning enough!).

With that said is anyone else looking forward to this game as much as I am?

More Links:
IGN has several videos for download:
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/771/771980.html

Game Informer Preview & Videos:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1109.31445.htm

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:15 PM #2 of 7
Motorcycle and simulation don't mix.

This will fail.

Just get MotoGP, ok.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jarllax
Carob Nut

Member 968

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:31 PM #3 of 7
Originally Posted by Megalith

This will fail.
I guess we'll see in less than a month. I'm really hoping that you are wrong...badly wanting to use my Driving Simulator Thing on something other than GT4.

How ya doing, buddy?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:47 AM #4 of 7
I think it's a real good game. It puts down MotoGP (both Xbox and PS2 series, which play different) quite easily. You should look forward to this game on the 4th.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:22 PM #5 of 7
Originally Posted by Megalith

This will fail.

Just get MotoGP, ok.
You lose.
In fact, I just finished playing the Japanese version. I thoughly enjoyed it. Having only gone through arcade mode, I haven't yet checked out simulation, but the riding dynamics are great, and feel solid. If one complains that they don't think the riding is realistic, they haven't ridden a motorcycle; perhaps on road, but not on a track.
As of now, it matches GT4 graphically, but an intense amount of detail goes into the bike and rider, leaving a great shadow on the road. The AI is challenging in arcade, but I am worried as to if it will turn into a GT4 situation, where you constantly have to have a ridiculously superior vehicle. We'll see.
- Oh, and there seems to be license tests for the TT as well.

How ya doing, buddy?
Love it.
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:06 AM #6 of 7
A lot of the license tests are basically the same thing--course and all. Take the slalom on Fuji Speedway '05 for example.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Jarllax
Carob Nut

Member 968

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:17 PM #7 of 7
Hmm, not sure I am looking forward to doing all the license tests over again...I hate them but I love them.

What we must realize is that this is their first attempt at the motorcycle genre so if everything isn't perfect, chances are that those errors will be corrected in later games.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator