Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Slim Fast

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 01:45 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 10:45 AM #1 of 12
Slim Fast

Meal in a can. Is this stuff good for you? I was thinking about going on a pure slimfast diet. Is this healthy or is it all hype?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 02:07 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 08:07 PM #2 of 12
In my experience, it isn't satisfying enough. It's got all the stuff you need, but I just couldn't deal with missing out on solid foods. It won't help you to slim any faster than just eating sensible meals of the same nutritional value, but it is easier because it comes ready made at the right size for a sensible calorie intake.

The powder version just needs to be put in a blender with milk, and the instant version is even easier. It's just that I'd rather eat an equivalent quantity of solid food rather than a shake that just feels like I had a drink, nothing more. You also need to make sure that you're eating one solid meal a day, and only replace the other two with shakes.

Just so you know, it's unrealistic, even unhealthy to lose more than about 2 pounds a week, so Slim Fast shouldn't be expected to be any faster than that. I'd say that unless you're short on time, Slim Fast is a poor option compared to a real low-fat, low-calorie diet. If only because you can make a much more satifying meal out of the right stuff.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:06 PM #3 of 12
Don't go on Slim Fast, go on Lean Cuisine (or Healthy Choice or Smart Ones).

At least that's solid, plus you're eating meat and vegetables. The meals are about 250-350 calories. This is just if you don't care about the sodium (doesn't really matter, I'm sure there's a ton more in conventional fast food).

Soup's also pretty good, especially the ones that are only around 100 calories per serving (2 servings a can, I just eat the whole thing). Again, sodium, but who cares.

It really helped in my weight loss.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:28 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 08:28 PM #4 of 12
Hmm... well, I've got plenty of time. I mean, I'm not looking to slim down immediately, I've got time to kill, it's just that I don't have any time to cook real meals and this seems like a sensible alternative. I also plan on working out, so that should make the process go faster.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:42 AM #5 of 12
I agree with JazzFlight. Lean Cuisines are crazy delicious, and it's actual food so you're not starving yourself. I eat them all the time just for the hell of it, even though I don't need to lose weight.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:13 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 01:13 AM #6 of 12
Don't go for processed foods. They contain a lot of sodium and other processed things that are still not healthy for you. Diet dinner foods may work for some, or diet drinks like Slim Fast, but for me it was plain ol' cutting back 500 calories each day, everyday. So if you were used to a 2000 calorie diet, eat 1500. It wasn't so difficult, and I can still eat whatever junk food I want (e.g. ice cream (one scoop!), half a small bag of chips), within reason. Then opt for an exercise plan, like cardio half an hour three times a week. Guarantee a pound a week.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:42 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 10:42 PM #7 of 12
Yeah. Imagine what slim fast and consistent excerise is going to do for me? I'll lose far more than a pound a week.

Most amazing jew boots
Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:20 AM #8 of 12
slimfast works...if you want to lose weight, supplement your meals with slim fast....if you want to gain weight, have a slim fast with your meals lol

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Signature removed by the board of directors
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:12 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 07:12 PM #9 of 12
Well, I can imagine slim-fast being a good meal suppliment for a light breakfast or lunch, but I would NEVER suggest it as a entire meal. Same thing goes for those Robuk / Jamba Juice fruit-juice smoothy varieties out there.

If I were to be on a diet, I would consider drinking slim-fast as a breakfast suppliment for since I normally don't have time to eat a nice healthy breakfast in the morning. Something like say, a 4~5oz. cup of yogurt and slim-fast on the go in the car on the way to work.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Mar 4, 2007, 09:15 AM #10 of 12
If you are going to be working out, I don't think you have to go to the Slim Fast extreme. Just eat sensible meals. I think Slim Fast are more for the people that don't have the time to work out. I just work out to stay in shape, I like food too much to drink shakes all day.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bubblehead1123
Chocobo

Member 5878

Level 10.97

Apr 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:46 PM #11 of 12
I don't think it is good for you... at all.. my sister did the slim fast thing for a little while and it gave her boils... I wouldn't go on slim fast, there are much more healthy ways of losing weight

How ya doing, buddy?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 06:32 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 11:32 PM #12 of 12
Why not try finding some spare time in a week to freeze healthy meals you make yourself? I'm sure that would be a lot healthier. I've never really trusted "diet brands" myself though so maybe I'm biased. To echo what everyone else has said, it isn't a good idea to be on a practically liquid diet anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Slim Fast