Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Things from your culture you never do.

Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 09:51 PM #26 of 51
Well, while I've lived all over this side of the world, I've never lived anywhere outside what legally constitutes North America, and while people like to pretend that american islanders and american mainlanders and Canadians are any different from each other .... they really aren't. Ergo, I've got no idea what kind of culture I do and do not follow

Well, actually, I don't give a shit about tradition, hate holidays, avoid most prepared food (vegetarian because I'm allergic to lactose and a lot of meat) and like to study/eat/play/sleep on the floor as opposed to a desk, table or bed. Sex is good in bed, everything else is better on the floor. You have more elbow room. Anyway ... where was I ... oh right. Um, basicaly I'm just weird and thoroughly Canadian otherwise. (Was that redundant? Though Canadians really aren't all that strange as a whole.)

My parents were catholic island peoples in the gulf of mexico, but after my the car accident I moved around a lot with some different family situations and picked up what I liked from each of them. From age ten (after ending up in Canada) I was brought up on coffee, hockey, and potatoes. Those traditions I liked best (except for potatoes), and kept them.

The potatoes part I want no part of. Potatoes are not really food, sez me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 03:15 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 04:45 PM #27 of 51
I don't kiss the cod....
I don't have to anyway seeing that I am already a newfoundlander ^_^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Oric
Syklis Green

Member 1787

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:09 PM #28 of 51
I'm from Kentucky. I don't go cow tippin', moonshinin', gettin' my cousins pregnant (or anyone, for that matter). I do not like, however, wearing shoes.

Actually, most Kentuckians do not participate in any of the above- they're cultural stereotypes. Most do wear shoes, although I consider shoes not to be a sign of culture, they're just a sign of discomfort.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 10:58 PM #29 of 51
Let's see...

1. I don't do drugs, other than medication. So, does that count? (Using drugs is a culture, IMO)

2. I don't really care about all the feng shui stuff. So, that too?

3. Erm... I don't pray. (all the incense and stuff)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 12:51 PM #30 of 51
My ancestry is Cherokee Indian, German, Dutch, Welsh, Irish, and Scotch.

So...what culture do I follow?
To be honest, I really don't know much about any of my ancestry to much of anything.

I hate kielbasa and sauerkraut, though. And can't eat Ham and Cabbage for good luck on New Year's Day. My god--that stuff's nasty.

I think I can't follow cooking vegetables. Some are okay, but cooked cabbage, carrots, celery, spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower taste nasty. And I think that drives my mom crazy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Duck-Man
Cannon Fodder

Member 10980

Level 3.73

Aug 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 01:35 PM #31 of 51
I wont ever eat dog.

FELIPE NO
ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:11 PM #32 of 51
I was born in the US, but my parents were first generation immigrants (Korean) who were pretty traditional, so I'm kind of a strange guy. I don't do a lot of things from either culture. For example, I don't drink coffee, I don't watch TV, and I won't wear jeans. From the Korean side, I can only speak very broken Korean, so I try to avoid speaking it whenever I can, and I don't play any MMORPGs (I also refuse to play DDR or anything remotly related to it).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
miii
Yuri Goddess

Member 11850

Level 1.00

Aug 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 03:26 PM #33 of 51
eat balut and isaw and all that gross food. can't eat them...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kaphwan 86
Punt-a-bitch

Member 365

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:27 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 11:27 AM #34 of 51
I'm partially Hindu and most Hindu people refuse to eat beef. I actually like it. =| My relatives don't mind, though.

Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:43 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 10:43 AM #35 of 51
Well Ireland and its culture stem from the church but I don't have anything to do with it whatsoever, i've gotten a fair amount off stick off people for choosing not to follow the religion, but its becoming more and more common now.

Also i'm not the biggest fan of vast oceans of alcohol, pretty much our national pastime here so I guess thats against my culture too!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Phoque le PQ
Présentement en ligne

Member 1886

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:34 AM #36 of 51
being from the french part of canada (QUébec), I'M not supposed to vote conservative, since they represent the far right (i've heard it numerous times during the last campaign) and since i'm gay ("friends" compared me to a turkey voting for thanksgiving). On the provincial, this would keep me from vitng for the ADQ (of which i'm a member)
I also must demonize money and profit, since they were, for so long, controlled by the anglo bastard. Equally, I must bless our government, who has put down those bastards by taking control of the economy, hence our high taxation level

Of course, this is all sarcasm, but other French Quebecers (not sure about the English ones) could probably concur how our "culture" is indoctrinating us

Cadenza
-

Member 5445

Level 5.11

Apr 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:47 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 03:47 PM #37 of 51
I'm english, and live in an urban environment. I don't drink hot drinks.

This is interesting because when I'm at home my family will all drink tea...
...and when I'm out during the day my friends and I will often end up in a café and I'll be unable to drink coffee. :/

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:30 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 11:30 AM #38 of 51
I'm Hispanic, but I can't tolerate any food that has chili incorporated to it. I don't like the spicy sensation that comes from tasting chili. It's pretty unnerving for me to go to family reunions where half of the food is chili-based since people tend to give me odd looks for my food preference. No chili con carne for me, thanks.

Most amazing jew boots
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:43 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 12:43 PM #39 of 51
I have no interest in dairy work, if that's a trait of my particular region's Portuguese population .

Also, I refuse to eat most of the really Portuguese food, like morcella (blood sausage) and kale soup. I'll stick to the Sopas and Tremoços, thank you very much.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 12:25 PM #40 of 51
Originally Posted by Thanatos
1. I don't do drugs, other than medication. So, does that count? (Using drugs is a culture, IMO)
But is it YOUR genetically predisposed culture? I don't think any of us who use drugs or have used them in the past can say that it's a cultural tradition passed on for generation. I'm sure there are a few who do, but for the majority I know I wasn't raised snorting cocaine; I did that shit on my own.

Originally Posted by Identity Crisis
I'm Hispanic, but I can't tolerate any food that has chili incorporated to it. I don't like the spicy sensation that comes from tasting chili.
Please don't say you're Mexican. If you do, I hereby disown you from our race.

Nuh
Can't carry wildflower

Member 2069

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:02 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 09:02 PM #41 of 51
Now that I'm old enough to choose for myself whether I would like to partake in my father's cross country skiing expeditions, I choose to do something more fun with my time, like counting the number of times the word "faggot" is used on internet forums. I don't like cross country skiing. In fact, I hate it. First of all it's so painstakingly dull, just going mile after mile in some never changing snow covered environment. Secondly, it's a surefire way to catch a cold. I could be wearing a space suit in the middle of summer; the minute I strap those skis on is the minute my nose starts to run.

Downhill skiing on the other hand, now that can be fun.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:03 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 02:03 PM #42 of 51
Ok, I'll confess.

Spoiler:
I DON'T LIKE TORTILLAS

Just kidding guys, I'd definitely could not conceive my life without tacos.

Well I don't speak/read my hometown's dialect. I've been very lazy about it and I regret it. Oh, I also don't like nopales, but they aren't used that much on the local cousine anyways.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:09 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 01:09 PM #43 of 51
What is your hometown's dialect? I know nobody down there speaks Nahuatl anymore. Do they?

Most amazing jew boots
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 02:12 PM #44 of 51
Zapoteco, and it's spoken widely in my area. They are plenty of groups who still mantain their dialects although it still represents a minority.

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:14 PM #45 of 51
Originally Posted by Encephalon
He's not.

Oh, and...
I don't eat nopales either.

I've grown up Americanized and anything from my culture has not been introduced to me. My parents, once they got here to America, have left there old life behind except for speaking spanish or castellano as the Bolivians say(at least my dad's friends and family).

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 02:43 PM #46 of 51
Okay, I'm not Mexican. Nahual's right.

I'm more of a spanish Hispanic (my family bloodline goes back to early New Mexico), but chili is an abundant food source over here. I don't completely understand why I don't like chili when I don't even know another relative who dislikes it. Weird genetics, I guess.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 11:28 PM #47 of 51
Well, let's see... I don't binge drink until I pass out and then wake up next to random various people with whom I may or may not have had unprotected sex with...

That is 1 thing from my culture I don't do...

Actually, on a serious note I don't hunt or fish. It's not that I'm against them ideologically or anything - I just don't enjoy hunting and fishing is fine but I never get around to it it seems. It's serious business around here - politicians are elected on the basis of whether or not they are sportsmen, in fact, for example.

FELIPE NO
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:24 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 12:24 PM #48 of 51
Originally Posted by Nahual
Oh, and...
I don't eat nopales either.
My roommate's sister doesn't like Nopales, and she's quite Mexican (as is my roommate). However, she finds it amusing whenever Mexicans say that they don't like it.

What is your hometown's dialect? I know nobody down there speaks Nahuatl anymore. Do they?
I wish that Nahuatl was still spoken. It's one of the 'dead' languages I'm interested in learning (along with Latin and ancient Egyptian). But I suppose if there's still dialects that retain some of the characteristics, it's not completely dead.

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 10:29 AM #49 of 51
Well, I'm American, so I HAVE no culture.

And I happen to like chili.

Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 05:51 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 03:51 PM #50 of 51
Originally Posted by Hachifusa
Well, I'm American, so I HAVE no culture.
You would to anyone else if you up and moved outside the U.S.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Things from your culture you never do.