Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Blood+ Discussion

TheFrenchLlama
'Pictures of Tohno-kun's sleeping face!'

Member 3851

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 05:38 PM #51 of 71
Spoiler:
She didn't really take over his body... as so much stole his genetic make up (I guess?). She can still switch back between the two looks, one being Riku and one being her true self. I guess by raping him and taking his seed allows her to mimick his looks. I don't think they really explained this. Either way, I just want to look at hot Diva whenever she's on screen, not shota Riku-disguise.

And I'm guessing you missed something in earlier episodes... (pre-33 episodes, forget which). They pretty much say that their blood is poisonous to one another, despite them being born from the same womb. Saya's blood will kill Diva and her Chivaliers, which is how she killed Carl and nearly killed James. Diva's blood will kill Saya and her Chivaliers, hence Riku's death (and crystalized corpse) after she raped him. In episode 32, after Diva rapes Riku, Saya rams her sword straight through Diva's stomach... though Diva tells Saya she was too hasty in her attack and forgot to coat the sword with blood.

Hope this clears some things up. ^_^;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 06:46 PM #52 of 71
Spoiler:

Needs more psycho-cute Diva.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 10:39 PM #53 of 71
Originally Posted by TheFrenchLlama
Spoiler:
She didn't really take over his body... as so much stole his genetic make up (I guess?). She can still switch back between the two looks, one being Riku and one being her true self. I guess by raping him and taking his seed allows her to mimick his looks. I don't think they really explained this. Either way, I just want to look at hot Diva whenever she's on screen, not shota Riku-disguise.

And I'm guessing you missed something in earlier episodes... (pre-33 episodes, forget which). They pretty much say that their blood is poisonous to one another, despite them being born from the same womb. Saya's blood will kill Diva and her Chivaliers, which is how she killed Carl and nearly killed James. Diva's blood will kill Saya and her Chivaliers, hence Riku's death (and crystalized corpse) after she raped him. In episode 32, after Diva rapes Riku, Saya rams her sword straight through Diva's stomach... though Diva tells Saya she was too hasty in her attack and forgot to coat the sword with blood.

Hope this clears some things up. ^_^;
Ah alrighty then.

Spoiler:
I sorta knew that Diva could change back, but I hate her new boyish Riku look. Ya know, I kinda wish I was Riku, that'd be an awesome way to die.

Kurado, that is basically the awesomest thing.

Let me see if I can find that Saya/Kusanagi picture...

HOT <3

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Aug 29, 2006 at 12:42 AM.
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:16 AM #54 of 71
I recently found out about this anime and had a marathon so I’m all caught up for the weekly raws. I just finished watching episode 46.. Finally we find out Haji and Saya's promise, but with that promise I'm afraid this is going to turn out to be a depressing ending.

Spoiler:
I guess she wants to be killed after killing Diva so it finishes off their bloodline completely. That and she has a pretty bad schedule of having to sleep 30 years. At this point it’s going to take some kind of miracle for Saya to break free from her sad fate. I really don’t want to see everyone dead at the end just because it’s the predictable and straightforward way of taking care of things.

What was Solomon thinking he knows it takes Saya's blood to kill Diva yet he futilely attacks her. I hope he can be of some use to Saya during the final show down.

Saya needs to drink some blood she has weakened herself so much and Hagi by suppressing his powers all these years just because it freaked her out once in the past. Kai and the rest need to be equip with rocket launchers, grenades, something better than handguns. They need to get it together fast.

How's the manga series? Does it follow the same story?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by bahamuty; Aug 30, 2006 at 12:26 AM.
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 08:28 PM #55 of 71
Watched episode 47 raw...

Spoiler:
I guess that's it for Solomon what a poor way to die. Getting grazed by Saya's sword as James drops it. Glad James is gone he's survived long enough I wanted him dead on the island. I'm eager to see next week's episode it'll be the showdown at the Opera. I'm crossing my fingers for unexpected turns.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 09:59 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 06:59 PM #56 of 71
Wow. I just watched episode 47 (RAW), too.

Spoiler:
If Solomon's really dead, then ...damn. That was both cool, pathetic, and sad at the same time. He just kinda falls on Amschel. Had more of an impact on me than Karman/Moses' departure.

Big fight comin' up, though! Diva vs. Saya should be fucking awesome.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:21 AM #57 of 71
Watched 48 raw...

Spoiler:
Dang is Diva sly having Amshel stand in for her and having those broadcasting satellites on site. David and Co. couldn't have planned things better but Diva was still a step ahead of them. Well next week is when Saya and Diva finally face off. I can't wait!

I wonder if Hagi will really be able to kill Saya. He just keeps holding his feelings in, but he clearly doesn't want her to die. When the moment comes I don't think he'll be able to.

I downloaded the PDF sample of the manga from the Japanese website and it looks good. Anyone know of an online store that carries the manga?

Also has anyone played either of the video games? They’re out for PS2 and PSP.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 02:24 PM #58 of 71
Raw 49.. Wow, I can't believe it...

Spoiler:
Saya didn't die from Diva's blood!? I'm glad she's alive but that's the last thing I expected. Their show down wasn't as dramatic as I hoped. I expected it to be longer more crazy. Their little chat took up precious moments of fighting time. The fight with Amshel was more enjoyable. Nice way to kill him off. I couldn't believe after Diva's death that Nathan said "please kill me" that he wouldn't try to protect the babies. But anyway now Saya's about to kill the babies, she better not chicken out.

Ok the explanation was in the episode...
Spoiler:
Diva's blood lost the power to kill Saya when she became pregnant and she didn't know it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by bahamuty; Sep 16, 2006 at 03:20 PM.
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 03:24 PM #59 of 71
Originally Posted by bahamuty
Raw 49.. Wow, I can't believe it...

Spoiler:
Saya didn't die from Diva's blood!? I'm glad she's alive but that's the last thing I expected. Their show down wasn't as dramatic as I hoped. I expected it to be longer more crazy. Their little chat took up precious moments of fighting time. The fight with Amshel was more enjoyable. Nice way to kill him off. I couldn't believe after Diva's death that Nathan said "please kill me" that he wouldn't try to protect the babies. But anyway now Saya's about to kill the babies, she better not chicken out.

Ok the explanation was in the episode...
Spoiler:
Diva's blood lost the power to kill Saya when she became pregnant and she didn't know it.
Spoiler:
Of course she's going to chicken out since Kai showed up at the end. I haven't watched this episode yet but from the summaries I've read it sounds pathetic. Really cheap way to end things off. Diva and her Chevaliers were pumped up to be big badasses, but they're all defeated in one episode. This is undoubtably going to be a happy ending with Kai watching over the kids and Saya in her sleep cycle while Hagi is just left wandering around.

Maybe they will find away for Saya not to go to sleep so she can stay with Kai and the Children.

bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:14 AM #60 of 71
Quote:
Spoiler:
This is undoubtably going to be a happy ending with Kai watching over the kids and Saya in her sleep cycle while Hagi is just left wandering around.
Spoiler:
Yeah that's probably what will happen. The final episode's title is "Nankurunaisa" their Okinawa saying that everything will work out somehow. I hope they will do anything but that ending.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jonus
the other me

Member 437

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 05:50 AM #61 of 71
Spoiler:
Yeah that's probably what will happen. The final episode's title is "Nankurunaisa" their Okinawa saying that everything will work out somehow. I hope they will do anything but that ending.
Spoiler:
Now they did just that ending, well at least i didn't have to cry that way .

Do you guys think there will be a sequel?
And sorry for being dumb, who lays down the pink rose?
Is it hajis?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Jonus; Sep 25, 2006 at 05:52 AM.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:02 PM #62 of 71
I watched the first minute of episode one, and I've basically watched up to six now. One thing I noticed is that the makers of this anime LOVES bashing the United States and its military. They don't blatantly say things like U.S. military sucks, but it keeps with a good number of passing remarks regarding U.S. policy and how we desire to occupy parts of the world. The pot calls the kettle black.

"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 11:43 PM #63 of 71
Well, even you can't call the current treatment of Okinawa fair, and the American military is a real problem for the citizens. The Japanese make more passing remarks against that, and they don't blatantly oppose the US imperialism (for lack of a better word). Anyway, this is not something to discuss in an anime thread.

FELIPE NO
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:38 PM #64 of 71
I think it is very pertinent to the anime because they keeping spewing this disguised propaganda despite it having almost no relevance in the anime as far as I can tell. Obviously the makers of the anime just can't resist taking political jabs in an anime that should focus on school girl monster slaughter.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 01:02 AM #65 of 71
Originally Posted by Jonus
Spoiler:

Do you guys think there will be a sequel?
And sorry for being dumb, who lays down the pink rose?
Is it hajis?
About the screen shot...
Spoiler:
That's Hagi's hair ribbon tied to it. It's also a pink rose the same type that he brought to her as a child. Kai also says "that guy came" when he sees it. So it's safe to assume Hagi lived. Too bad he couldn't get back in time. Yes, I think they might make an OVA or movies in the future. They left things open enough. It's coming out in the US so if it does good here there's even more chance for sequels.

Episode 50
Spoiler:
My feelings were conflicted with what I wanted and what's best for the world which would be the vampire race not existing so they can't be used as weapons. I didn't want Saya, Kai, Hagi, babies etc. to die. I also didn't want Saya to go back to Okinawa and start a romantic relationship with Kai and raise the kids. None of those things happened so I'm happy. Hagi stopped denying his feelings finally. Kai looks like he's being a good father. Julia and David are having a kid together. Mao is traveling round the world with the reporter. Lulu won't die from thorn. Nathan's alive. They left things open enough to continue the series the future. Maybe Julia will figure out a way to prevent Saya's sleep cycle during the next 30 years. The kids will be grown up and who knows what will go on in their lives. I'm up for more if they ever want make it. Overall it was a fun ride. I'll miss watching it every week.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by bahamuty; Sep 27, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 02:13 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 12:13 AM #66 of 71
Episode 50
Spoiler:
My feelings were conflicted with what I wanted and what's best for the world which would be the vampire race not existing so they can't be used as weapons. I didn't want Saya, Kai, Hagi, babies etc. to die. I also didn't want Saya to go back to Okinawa and start a romantic relationship with Kai and raise the kids. None of those things happened so I'm happy. Hagi stopped denying his feelings finally. Kai looks like he's being a good father. Julia and David are having a kid together. Mao is traveling round the world with the reporter. Lulu won't die from thorn. Nathan's alive. They left things open enough to continue the series the future. Maybe Julia will figure out a way to prevent Saya's sleep cycle during the next 30 years. The kids will be grown up and who knows what will go on in their lives. I'm up for more if they ever want make it. Overall it was a fun ride. I'll miss watching it every week.
Spoilers just to be on the safe side...

Spoiler:
Out of curiosity, how did you think the writers left the story open for a continuation? Diva and her Chevaliers are gone. There's basically no one out there left to fight. The possibility for a continuation is heavily dependent on the writers coming up with some sort of nemesis for Saya and Co. to take on. And to come up with something that's as awesome as Diva and Co. is going to be really damn hard.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sosei
SATA ANDAGI!

Member 13167

Level 6.41

Sep 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 05:22 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 03:22 AM #67 of 71
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle
Spoilers just to be on the safe side...

Spoiler:
Out of curiosity, how did you think the writers left the story open for a continuation? Diva and her Chevaliers are gone. There's basically no one out there left to fight. The possibility for a continuation is heavily dependent on the writers coming up with some sort of nemesis for Saya and Co. to take on. And to come up with something that's as awesome as Diva and Co. is going to be really damn hard.
Spoiler:
Even though the Chevaliers are gone, who was that in the crowd when Van Argeno was being lead into the courthouse? ;p I mean, we can assume it's Nathan (there were only two blond-haired Chevaliers on Diva's side, and Solomon died awhile back) but then again, he was supposed to have died too.

Jonus
the other me

Member 437

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:29 PM #68 of 71
Spoiler:
Maybe there will be a new enemy of the world that saya needs to fight. This time it could be:
- aliens
- some other vapire related brood like: werewolves, ghosts, mummies etc
- robots with laser beam eyes

Including same story arc that shows how bad japan military is specially for SemperFidelis.

The bottom line would be, "hey see you are good to exist saya neesan"

... runs off to watch berserk. ---->

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Jonus; Sep 28, 2006 at 07:33 PM.
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:44 AM #69 of 71
Spoiler:
In the end, this series was satisfying. The realism of Saya's struggles throughout the series was top-notch. The ending was pretty sad and I did find it somewhat surprising that Nathan lived. I thought more people on Saya's side would be goners (ex. Lewis and David) during the fight against the chiroptera.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 09:38 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 09:38 AM #70 of 71
There were too many ups and downs in this series. Some episodes were just perfect while others lagged.

Spoiler:
Riku's death was great, but too many episodes after that had nothing happening. Saya was just lamenting all the time. Also, I find it unbelivable that Saya's gang decimated the enemies so easily. Her group was displayed to be so weak and Diva's so strong, but in the end "Oh, we only need to weak episodes to kill off all these super strong characters."

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2007, 08:48 PM Local time: May 27, 2007, 08:48 AM #71 of 71
Yay, I just started watching the series up to the 12 episode, and so far it's very interesting. The story is quite unusual for a vampire-themed anime, and I like Aya's character, she's far from the cliched, typical heroine in most shoujo-anime.

FELIPE NO
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Blood+ Discussion