Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Double Standards

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 01:33 PM #26 of 61
Originally Posted by Dee
A lot of my experiences have been men being too shy or afraid. Men should display their confidence more forwardly than women.
Maybe you've been dealing with nerds who were picked on throughout middle school and high school.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:36 PM #27 of 61
Racial double standards annoy me. Like it's not racist for a black, asian or hispanic to say white boy, but if I say black boy or whatever, then I'm racist.

Most amazing jew boots
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 03:31 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 03:31 PM #28 of 61
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
The double standard that annoyed me for the longest time is the "asking-out" ritual. Under most circumstances, the male is expected to ask the female for a date. We're supposed to step it up and make the first move because women are vain creatures who need to feel desired.

This would be fine, if not for the fact that so many women play it coy and do their damnedest to appear wholly disinterested. It's aggravating to know that we men are expected to be mindreaders and that the reason you came back for an extra packet of sugar is because you want to be asked out. How the fuck are we supposed to know this? To us, it looks like your coffee wasn't sweet enough.

I absolutely hate learning that a girl was interested me, well after the fact that she's given up and moved on. I may not be the best at flirting, but I'm capable of picking up basic clues. Help us out, ladies. Don't sit there all shy, playing impossible-to-get, then bitch and whine when we don't notice you.

If a man likes a woman, he's expected to say something, right? Well if a woman likes a man, she should get off her fucking ego-trip and speak up. It'll cut through a lot of ridiculous gesturing and the two of them can actually be happy together. *GASP*
Man Crash, I know exactly how you feel. I've seen cases where the girl throws glances at me, and seems interested, but when I start talking to her, she acts as if I'm some sort of pervert or something and tries to avoid talking to me. But then she still does those glances. As a result of this happening numerous times, I'm very "skeptical" when I see girls do this to me (maybe I just look weird to them or something, and they just have to stare in my general direction. I thought maybe they were looking at another guy, but usually I sit in a corner, so that if anyone does look this way, the only thing they're going to see is me). They also never "make the first move" either, so that certainly doesn't help.

I once tried picking this girl up, who seemed to be complaining that men never do this or that (despite me trying to do this and that for her, like "talk about feelings"). After about two months or so of hanging out, I tried asking her out. She waits about two weeks before giving me an answer, which essentially amounted to "no".

The next semester, I see her and one of my other friends hanging out. Since I'm on good terms with both of them, the guy tells me he's dating that girl I tried to go out with earlier, and that they've been going out for about a week now. They both seem pretty happy at first.

Come about a month and a half later, I ask both of them if they're still going out (cause I didn't see them together anymore). Both of them say they broke it off, but the girl's "reasons" seemed more "interesting" to me. She said that he drinks a lot (something I never do), and a lot of times when she saw him, he was drunk or at least had a buzz. He also had some crude behavior and acted like a jerk sometimes (again, something I don't do often, at least intentionally).

What pissed me off mostly was that I spent a few months trying to be a friend to her (she told me she didn't have a boyfriend too), so that when we did go out, she could see for herself that I can be quite a gentleman, and someone she could be happy with. After all that wasted time, she still isn't interested in me, yet it only takes that other guy like maybe 2 weeks or so for her to go out with him right away, and only to find out that he was a jerk (at least when it comes to dating. I still hang out with him cause we have a lot of interests and when he's not drunk, he's quite cool to hang out with).

Ugh, I hate having to deal with the opposite sex sometimes. They claim that "no man treats them right", but then they also usually refuse to go out with guys who might treat them right, but don't look like Fabio or something. Instead, they seem to go after good looking jerks who will treat them like crap, but because they look good, more women will keep going to them.

On a similar rant, I've noticed that women with kids seem interested in me. I must look like a good father figure or something. What upsets me is that I've seen women who wouldn't give me a second thought while they're childless, but the moment they get knocked up (and the guy subsequently leaves her), suddenly they seem to want to go out with me (I've even encountered a situation where one of the girl's friends asked me for my phone number for her, about the only time I was asked out by the girl, even if indirectly).

My rant is, "Why aren't I good enough for you before you have a child?" Because I'm afraid that if I do go out with them, and suddenly the baby's father wants to get back together, then I'm in a kind of a rough spot. It has happened before too, on several occasions, so as a rule now, I don't date women who have kids, even if they're really good looking. But I hate it when they give me the wrong impression, so that makes it even harder for me to want to ask a girl out (and I'm kind of the shy type too).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 04:24 PM #29 of 61
Originally Posted by Gecko3
My rant is, "Why aren't I good enough for you before you have a child?" Because I'm afraid that if I do go out with them, and suddenly the baby's father wants to get back together, then I'm in a kind of a rough spot. It has happened before too, on several occasions, so as a rule now, I don't date women who have kids, even if they're really good looking. But I hate it when they give me the wrong impression, so that makes it even harder for me to want to ask a girl out (and I'm kind of the shy type too).
:eyebrow: Sounds like the you're the cuckold kind of guy to women. There's been a few articles on how at certain times of the month (ovulating and not) that women will prefer different types of men. They mentioned that maybe it was so the women could net the proper "father" type of man for their kids, but they still preferred as masculine representation of gene quality as possible (ie: a better looking guy).

I agree that the games people play while dating are ridiculous. The things men and women have to do, say, etc.. reminds me of the elaborate mating rituals of other animals. All this could be avoided if people were straightforward about their desires.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 10:39 PM #30 of 61
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
The double standard that annoyed me for the longest time is the "asking-out" ritual. Under most circumstances, the male is expected to ask the female for a date. We're supposed to step it up and make the first move because women are vain creatures who need to feel desired.

This would be fine, if not for the fact that so many women play it coy and do their damnedest to appear wholly disinterested. It's aggravating to know that we men are expected to be mindreaders and that the reason you came back for an extra packet of sugar is because you want to be asked out. How the fuck are we supposed to know this? To us, it looks like your coffee wasn't sweet enough.

I absolutely hate learning that a girl was interested me, well after the fact that she's given up and moved on. I may not be the best at flirting, but I'm capable of picking up basic clues. Help us out, ladies. Don't sit there all shy, playing impossible-to-get, then bitch and whine when we don't notice you.

If a man likes a woman, he's expected to say something, right? Well if a woman likes a man, she should get off her fucking ego-trip and speak up. It'll cut through a lot of ridiculous gesturing and the two of them can actually be happy together. *GASP*

I'm a woman and I can completely agree with this. Although I've never been so forward it's only because I've never had reason to be so. But I've seen one of my best friends sit there and do nothing because she wanted the guy to ask her out, and I see this as nothing more than her wanting him to make her feel wanted. I was so irritated; if she was that interested she should've gotten over herself and asked him out but she never did =/.

Why is it such a big thing for a woman to ask a man out? Geez, sometimes men can be just as shy or egotistical as women can be. Each situation is different isn't it?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:42 PM #31 of 61
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
How about in the workforce?
I don't know about everywhere else, but:
- I've only ever seen one male secretary
- I've never seen a female in construction

I know things are changing with male nurses and female...uh...well stuff like that. There are just some jobs that I haven't seen the opposite gender fill.
True, that!

I'm an Electrical Technologist. Out of maybe a hundred students I met in my Electronics courses, there were three girls.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 06:47 PM #32 of 61
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
How about in the workforce?
I don't know about everywhere else, but:
- I've only ever seen one male secretary
- I've never seen a female in construction

I know things are changing with male nurses and female...uh...well stuff like that. There are just some jobs that I haven't seen the opposite gender fill.
I do suck-ratery work for my dentist, who is a lady. She chose me instead of a list of ladies because I'm a big guy. She likes the reassurance that if one of her patients flips out over a bill or can't control themselves under pain, I can step in to intervine.

In stagecrew, you'll see some women who could out muscle some of the typical fellas. Still, their numbers are pretty few and far between.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 06:47 PM #33 of 61
I don't like the double standard associated with child custody issues. Almost always, a mother will be awarded the children when two parents divorce, even if both parents held jobs before the divorce.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 07:01 PM #34 of 61
Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
I don't like the double standard associated with child custody issues. Almost always, a mother will be awarded the children when two parents divorce, even if both parents held jobs before the divorce.
Yeah, I gotta agree with this. I know of a couple cases where the dad was a pretty upstanding guy who held a well paying job, the mother was a drug addict who didn't even have a job. When they went to court to decide who would get custody, the mother was handed full-custody over the children, as long as she went into rehab. She didn't, she still kept the kids who were never allowed to speak to their father again. Stuff like that is pretty sickening.

Fatt

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 08:20 PM #35 of 61
I thought it was illegal to keep children out of a parent's life, regardless of gender, religion, or criminal history. I remember my lady friend Darlene filed for child support when the father of her child didn't want the child in his life. He didn't want to pay out, so he filed for joint cusdity.

Most amazing jew boots
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:28 PM #36 of 61
Not sure about that. It might depend on whether joint custody had all ready been turned down or not. But yeah, i think it was a case I studied back in highschool for law. It might also be different between Canada and America.

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 09:22 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 07:22 PM #37 of 61
Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
Ugh, I hate that too. But I hate it because it actually happened to me as a child. My mother was a dead beat and couldn't support any of her children. She couldn't even take care of herself and depended on my father. My father on the other hand had a solid job. He was an active participant in taking care of his children.

But who do they give the children to? Why, thier mommy ofcourse. Then she ends up fucking up and the law has to step in to pluck us out. Then after she disapears off the face of the earth they finally go "Okay lets give em to the dad!".

I assume they do this because of the close bond small children and thier mothers usually have. It just doesn't make sense when the mother couldn't possibly support them properly.

Anyways, enough of this emo bullshit, here's a double standard I haven't really seen mentioned. I'm kind of surprised too since there are so many gamers here. But the whole Male/Female gamer thing. A male gamer is sad or pathetic, maybe even a nerd. But the moment a female picks up a game controller trumpets go off and everyone screams in amazement. Like it's so rare that a female would play games.

Not only that, you have the whole 'skill' thing. A male gamer is always better at gaming than a female gamer. Or a female gamer can only play easy or cute games. Though It's not really as bad as it was years ago. This has been dieing off alot over the years.

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 09:29 PM #38 of 61
Oh, I don't know, I still see a lot of silly Mary Kate & Ashley games and such, which nobody plays, but they still get produced.

FadedReality
I have no idea

Member 9655

Level 8.40

Jul 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 09:42 PM #39 of 61
Originally Posted by Shonos
Anyways, enough of this emo bullshit, here's a double standard I haven't really seen mentioned. I'm kind of surprised too since there are so many gamers here. But the whole Male/Female gamer thing. A male gamer is sad or pathetic, maybe even a nerd. But the moment a female picks up a game controller trumpets go off and everyone screams in amazement. Like it's so rare that a female would play games.

Not only that, you have the whole 'skill' thing. A male gamer is always better at gaming than a female gamer. Or a female gamer can only play easy or cute games. Though It's not really as bad as it was years ago. This has been dieing off alot over the years.
While the male stereotype of what a gamer is has all but died off with the PlayStation generation making gaming a much more mainstream thing, the female stereotypes do still persist. I've encountered everything from hardcore FPS female fans to girls who act like they enjoy games to try and land the guy they're attracted to. Sorry, but methodical button mashing (can't be TOO obvious) on your crush's fighting game of choice doesn't make you a gamer. An ex of mine was obsessed with RPGs and proclaimed herself a gamer, yet when I got her Ico for Christmas, it went untouched after she ran around in it for 5 minutes and couldn't figure out what to do.

I'm not going to generalize, but if a girl plays solely RPGs for the reason that they lack any sort of competent hand-eye coordination, they shouldn't be referring to themself as a gamer. If you have no understanding of the details of the game past "things with higher numbers work better" and have no desire to learn said details, you aren't a "girl gamer". That's like claiming you're a race car driver because you drive a car.

FELIPE NO
Fatt

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:57 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 07:57 PM #40 of 61
Gamer girls. It had to come up sometime.

Okay. I never had any clue why girls were not in to gaming, until I met my friend Tina. I told her that I have been in to video games since the Atari 2600, and she said "Oh yeah. My father bought me one when I was young, but I had trouble expaining to him that I don't play video games because I am a girl." I wanted to faint right then and there. Did society just convince all girls that video games are only for fellas? Even worse, the video game industry backs up that statement by releasing "girl driven" games and applications like Cosmogirl, or like what Arrowhead pointed out, the latest Mary Kate & Ashley installment. If a girl wanted to get in to gaming, and was a complete stranger to the subject, what would she choose? Girls would most likely pick something that they can relate to the easiest, which also turns out to be the worst games on the market. The only solution I can come up with, is treat all ladies who are beginners to video games, the same way I would treat any newbie to a video game. Take a game with a simple concept that is easy to play, yet is not so easy it is bland and boring. Tetris, and the Final Fantasy series are the easiest examples I can come up with off the top of my head. I would recommend them to anybody, regardless of their previous gaming experiences. At the video gamers club in my college, we would play Guitaroo Man on a big projecter, and ladies would be drawn to the flashy graphics and eclectic music. When they saw all the fellas playing the game, some became determined to learn how to play the game, regardless of their novice level. One of the ladies became one of the best competetors, and many ladies had a great time getting in to video games through the game. Their isn't a clear, solid way to get everybody in to video games, but breaking stereotypes and not scaring away new gamers is vital.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 08:23 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 02:23 AM #41 of 61
50 cent: Yo Yo Yo nigga ahm 50 cent
other black guy: yo yo yo nigga

(50 cent and other black guy watch "funny" black sitcom)

50 cent: yo nigga
other black guy #2: yo yo yo what nigga?
50 cent: ahm gonna bust a cap in some white boy's ass
other black guy #2: everything gwan be airy
50 cent: do you want dem rice an' peas?
other black guy: WELCOME TO JAMROCK
50 cent: yo yo shuttup nigga
other guy: yo yo yo sorry nigga
White person: Hey, uh...how is everything down in the hood, nig...ger?
50 cent and other black guy 1 and 2: YO YO YOU'S A RACIST FUCK! GONNA BUST A CAP IN YOUR RACIST BIZZATCH ASS!
(all the black guys shoot white guy to death)
Asians/Jews/Arabs/Hispanics/Inuits/Indians/Europeans/etc: Wow we don't get our own fucking month and our own entertainment channel
Napoleon: ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Jam it back in, in the dark.
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 08:34 PM #42 of 61
For some reason, in GA it works like this:

Cat attacks Dog, dog dies: Cat owner gets life in prison (not really)
Dog attacks Cat, cat dies: Cat had no business in Dog's yard.

or

Cat attacks human: That's just how animals are
Dog attacks human: it's a menace to society.

Also, why is it that Black people get their own fucking month???

If you'll remember, there were white slaves in England.
And what about the jews? They've gone through a LOT more than any Afro-American has!

Then of course, there's the infamous: Niggah problem.

Black people can say it, whites cant. What's with that?

And the NAACP??? Association for COLORED people? Why can't Whites have an Association for NON-COLORED people?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by agreatguy6; Jul 21, 2006 at 08:37 PM.
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 07:58 PM #43 of 61
Originally Posted by agreatguy6
Why can't Whites have an Association for NON-COLORED people?
Ummm... maybe because the only 'discrimination' you'll face as a white person is distain when you try to rap? Or how about the fact that there is no backwoods belief that white people are inferior? (At least not a common one.) Even though our countries are legally fair (for the most part) and generaly friendly on its surface, black people are still associated with poverty and violence, mistreated (sometimes unconciously) and therefore may have a reason to want an association to back them up on this particular problem.

And this is from a female cptr engineering student: most guys only take you to be less mathematic/scientific if you give them a reason to.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Hydra; Jul 21, 2006 at 10:07 PM.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 09:06 PM #44 of 61
Why can't Whites have an Association for NON-COLORED people?
Why here you go, enjoy!

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:36 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 04:36 AM #45 of 61

And what about the jews? They've gone through a LOT more than any Afro-American has!
Well I'm sure the Jews were given the option of having either their own month or their own country.

Fatt

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 11:34 PM #46 of 61
I don't understand why white people get so bent out of shape about the fact that black people are sensitive about non-black people using the word "nigger". Is it because they think it is a term of endearment, or maybe because imitating black culture just the new fad? I nearly beat the shit out of a black person for calling me "honky", and I live in a neighborhood where myself and my roommates are the only white people in the neighborhood. I know I'm not black, I respect the black culture, I have many black friends, and I never felt the need to call anybody a "nigger". So if Asians start calling each other "chinks", now white people have to call them "chinks" too?

FadedReality
I have no idea

Member 9655

Level 8.40

Jul 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:41 PM #47 of 61
Originally Posted by russ
Sublime.

Because "Nigger" is a derogatory word from "negro".

"Nigga" is, from what I've been told by black friends of mine, a mockery of the derogatory word. Meant to mock the oppressive offensiveness of it. So a white person saying "nigga" isn't the exact oppressive version of the word, but it's usually taken just the same.

What made our ancestors think it was alright to have ownership over another person is beyond me.

Oh yeah, the same thing that had us leaving another country claiming religious oppression only to invade another country and force religion on the natives there.

Ignorance.

How ya doing, buddy?
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 09:01 AM #48 of 61
Originally Posted by Hydra
Ummm... maybe because the only 'discrimination' you'll face as a white person is distain when you try to rap? Or how about the fact that there is no backwoods belief that white people are inferior? (At least not a common one.) Even though our countries are legally fair (for the most part) and generaly friendly on its surface, black people are still associated with poverty and violence, mistreated (sometimes unconciously) and therefore may have a reason to want an association to back them up on this particular problem.

And this is from a female cptr engineering student: most guys only take you to be less mathematic/scientific if you give them a reason to.
none of the below is politically correct, so go stuff yourself

Mistreated my ass.

Cynthia McKinney was not mistreated.

They may HAVE BEEN mistreated, but now they just trample over their liberators.

Associated with poverty and violence?? Have you EVER walked down Peachtree Street? (oh wait, perhaps you haven't)

And besides, what about this crap about the only people in the south are rednecks? What of that? Perhaps the reason that yanks are considered down here to be snobbish is because they act snobbishly to us!

Back to Cynthia, Who does she think she is? She doesn't wear the pin because she thinks she's too good for it, gets removed, and punches someone. I would say that if anyone was mistreated, it was that po-po.

I myself have many black friends and none of them show disdain at my rapping. In fact, I have been complimented on it many times. I am offended that you make such a generalization. They don't talk about me behind my back, they laugh at my lack of rhythym openly to my face.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by FadedReality

Because "Nigger" is a derogatory word from "negro".

"Nigga" is, from what I've been told by black friends of mine, a mockery of the derogatory word. Meant to mock the oppressive offensiveness of it. So a white person saying "nigga" isn't the exact oppressive version of the word, but it's usually taken just the same.

What made our ancestors think it was alright to have ownership over another person is beyond me.

Oh yeah, the same thing that had us leaving another country claiming religious oppression only to invade another country and force religion on the natives there.

Ignorance.
Hmm...
My friends didn't say that, but they did say that between races, it was sensed as wrong since there isn't the same sense of equality as there is within races.

Why ownership?

Well, once it was custom that after conquering a country, the citizens were yours, do what you want.

So... When the tribe leaders of Africa realized that the Euros felt the same way, they said, why don't we get rid of our enemies permanently!? so they sold people into slavery.

And of course, they were shipped to BOSTON (make note of that) but they couldn't survive the severe cold.
Then they were shipped to the south.

Eventually they got used to it and then the North said, HEY!!! You can't do that to another human! even though it was a practice they started in the first place.

And after that, it just gets uglier.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by russ
There are some black people in the GOP, unbelievably.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by agreatguy6; Jul 22, 2006 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Icyblackflame
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9838

Level 1.60

Jul 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:13 PM #49 of 61

And the NAACP??? Association for COLORED people? Why can't Whites have an Association for NON-COLORED people?
Hmn, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't black-history month mainly about black-americans? Gee, we don't need to celebrate everyone's braveness, do we? And if you think about it. we're sold short too. Every think about why black history month is on the shortest month of the year?

And didn't they do that a while ago to help encourage people to like black people? Show them they're capable of things too? If you're so mad about the idea of them having their own month, then write to the government about it. Ask them to make a "White history month," or an "Asian-history month." Also, every other month is pretty much taken.

You get it. Still, they don't take up the whole month. And what's so bad about it? It's one month. Again, the shortest.
-Icy

Okay, enough double posts. I'll say this and leave because I am angry as shit at the moment.

You guys kind of sound pathetic if you ask me. Why are you guys (the white people in here, or at least the people supporting the white/black nigger thing) SO hellbent on being able to say a racial slang? Why do you feel such an incredible need to call a black person a "nigger" that you have to argue about it like this? Does it make you feel big? Maybe we don't want you calling us that if it's so important that you can.

LISTEN TO YORSELVES. You're basically saying "I can't call a black person a nigger without being labled as "racist."" Do you even comprehend the incredible amount of stupid behind your arguments? And you wonder why there is no such thing as "true racial equality." Who the fuck are you trying to preach to? Or is that the equality you wish for? A white person being able to call a black person a nigger. If so, please shoot yourself now! Imagine how society will be in 50 years! THESE are the opinions influencing everyone!

Someone really needs to answer that question for me. Is "nigger" so powerful and life-changing that you need to call someone it? Just call them by their name! Someone tell me why "nigga" is so popular around black people too. We all just need to erase that word from our vocabulary altogether. It's an extreme embarrassment that black people freely call themselves this, but it's even MORE of an embasrrassment to see some white people getting MAD because they CAN'T!

I'm sorry if anyone is offended, but am I the only one noticing the complete and total stupidity of this argument? This is so confusing to me. I just can't believe it. People are mad because they can't call someone a nigger. What the hell is wrong with you people?!

And gee, it just might have to do with it being the "word of choice" in slavery days. WHITE people called BLACK people that word. It's not THAT hard to comprehend. Maybe today's society is making you naive and stupid, but that's the truth, no matter how you choose to justify it. Maybe I'm weird, but I get offended when someone calls me that. Black or not, I'd feel like shooting you in the face if you called me that.

"nig·ger ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ngr)
n. Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a Black person: “You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a nigger” (James Baldwin).
Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.
Used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people: “Gun owners are the new niggers... of society” (John Aquilino). "

Quote me if I'm wrong, but you are quite the idiot to have to debate over this. The debate should over why this word is still in our vocabulary. It is an offensive word no matter what race uses it, no matter your "justification" of using it, or your pronounciation of it. I just can't believe people are actually aguing over why they can't say it! This just amazes to me to no end. I need an asprin.

And one more thing for the road:

rac·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)
n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

"I can't call him a black boy" doesm't sound a little racist to you? I'm sorry to hurt your derranged feelings, but it does show racism. Black people calling white people "white boy" or "white girl" is a racist statement. You guys have to understand that you don't have to be racist to say or think something racist. You can be an idiot, though. You guys are telling me that you're mad because you can't call someone "black?" I'm mad because it seems that none of you (who are arguing this point) can't live about the hell-deep influence. Instead of calling someone "black boy," or "white girl," why don't you try their name? I'm sorry, but I am not going to sugar-coat this message to make someone feel happy. It [I[is[/I] a racial statement. I just can't believe that some of you are actually foolish enough to think it isn't.

I understand the whole meaning here "a black person can say something, but a white person can't." Change your argument before you change the world. Maybe ask, "why do we want to say this in the first place?" "Why is it sociably acceptable for anyone to say this?" Sometimes you have to make someone feel bad for their own good. Get "real" with them. Instead of changing what is okay, try to change why it is okay. Maybe your effort will seem as though it is in vain, but that isn't the point. You'll get the message across to somebody Trust me, if you say the right thing, you will touch somebody. Things do get done. Okay. I'm out.
-Icy

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Icyblackflame; Jul 23, 2006 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2006, 02:44 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2006, 09:44 AM #50 of 61
Yes, but America isn't England. And also, America didn't ship jews to camps. If you'll take notice, black history month is an AMERICAN HOLIDAY FUCKTARD.

Whites do have an association for non-colored people. It's called THE RUNNING OF THE WORLD association.

Associated with poverty and violence?? Have you EVER walked down Peachtree Street? (oh wait, perhaps you haven't)
What, is Peachtree Street one of the TENS of rich black communities in the US? How about you look at some statistics instead of relying on your own personal worldview, and be a little less ignorant for all of our sakes.

They may HAVE BEEN mistreated, but now they just trample over their liberators.
They may have been mistreated? MAY HAVE BEEN? Maybe you're right. Maybe getting my leg chopped off for trying to escape a slave camp isn't so bad after all.

I really wish you would've been born into a ghetto, abandoned by your father, lived with gang violence all during your life, and then try to make a living selling drugs since that's the only visible opportunity to be successful in your life.

And then, I want you to say that you haven't been mistreated by society, because your chances of success were EQUAL to a white suburban male growing up.

And besides, what about this crap about the only people in the south are rednecks? What of that? Perhaps the reason that yanks are considered down here to be snobbish is because they act snobbishly to us!
If by "snobbish" you mean "call you a fucking retard for being such a bigot," then yes, I'm acting snobbishly towards you.

Eventually they got used to it and then the North said, HEY!!! You can't do that to another human! even though it was a practice they started in the first place.

And after that, it just gets uglier.
Oh it just gets uglier after that? You mean, at the point in which the South said fuck you, we're going to keep our slave labor because plantation owners like being rich? Oh yea, that ugly part. The part where they went to war in order to have the right to own people.

And you know, I don't blame anyone who lives in the south now for what's happened in the past. My mom and brothers and stepdad all live there, and it's a great place. It's just fucking bigots like you that bring out the anger so well.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Double Standards