Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

Lene
Shameless Fangirl

Member 364

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 03:22 PM #301 of 826
Grail, you are not the only one. I do not think Nathan is evil at all. He may be a big asshole and he may do things that seem messed up, but I think he has good intentions. When he destroyed the painting that Peter wanted, I don't think it was because he wanted the cheerleader dead, it was because he wanted his brother alive.

He's an alpha male and I think soon things are going to go (more) out of control for him and he's going to be screwed up because he seems to be the person who needs to have control over his life and the life of the people he feels he's responsible for.

Personally, I feel Peter is more in danger of being evil than Nathan. I still think the similarities between Peter and Sylar are not coincidental. And now we have this strange dream...

Also, in case this might interest anyone, I found a set of interviews by the writers at a site called Comic Book Resources. They answer a lot of questions that people have and they give hints of things to come. Personally, they're not that spoilery...but if you are a spoilerphobe and wish to know NOTHING, then don't read them.

CBR Interview (Week 11).

It's been weekly so far, I'm not sure if it will continue to be weekly until the show airs again.

I do have a question for anyone who is a comic book enthusiast because because I totally missed out on this reference.
Maybe a Spoiler? Who know!:
Quote:
Looking forward to that. Alright, let’s move off Sylar for a bit and talk about some of the other cast members. We learned a lot about Niki's origin in “Six Month’s Ago,” but at the same time, it created many more questions. Was Jessica the one with powers who managed to "leap" into Niki's body (like DC's Jericho - you can ask Jeph who that is...)? Is Niki just a damaged psyche from what she's experienced? Or is she really two people?

Dude, first of all – we know who Jericho is. We’ve read the Wolfman/Perez “Teen Titans.” We were thinking more about Malice possessing Polaris (You can ask Jeph who that is.) But, we digress…
Malice possessing Polaris? What?

I was speaking idiomatically.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 05:00 PM #302 of 826
Isaac:

We all know that he can paint the future. But what if .. when he's not on drugs.. he paints.. the past? He drew the comic of Hiro and Charlie, clean. And Hiro vs. T-rex was while clean too.
OK. Maybe stupid theory.

Dream sequence:

I think Nathan will fly Peter out too. That's why he was the only one walking towards Peter, he was the only one capable of saving him. (Couldn't Haitian man technically stop Peter too?)

Anyways.. remember that Preview NBC made of upcoming eps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4TFLlVrJi0
I remember seeing all of the scenes except one
at 1:45 into the video
Nathan says, "How fast do you think we can fly"
I'm assuming he's talking to Peter.. I wonder when this will happen..
(If this was in an episode already.. then just ignore this :] )

Here's some cool vids of the cast on Daytime talk shows.

Megan Mullally Show Dec 4, 2006
Behind the Scenes
Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) Interview

Ellen DeGeneres Show Dec 4, 2006
Interview with Sendhil, Masi, Ali, and Hayden part 1
Interview with Sendhil, Masi, Ali, and Hayden part 2

Conan O'Brien Nov 20, 2006
Interview with Masi Oka

The View Nov 20, 2006
Interview with Milo and Masi

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 06:21 PM #303 of 826
I don't think Peter can ever be evil, given his past and his ungodly obsession with saving the world. I think he even beats Hiro on that one.

I agree with your Nathan perspective Lene, though, I have the feeling the more and more he begins to accept what he is, and what he can do for the world, he'll change on the inside as well.

The whole "peter flying away" thing, it seems way too predictable for this show, you know. I bet there is going to be some other twist involved because face it, if Peter litterally explodes, he won't be in the future, or have a scar. Whatever it is, however, its' going to have a huge impact on the show and maybe explain what Peter can do more in depth.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lene
Shameless Fangirl

Member 364

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 07:42 PM #304 of 826
Originally Posted by Grail (emphasis mine)
I don't think Peter can ever be evil, given his past and his ungodly obsession with saving the world. I think he even beats Hiro on that one.
I don't think that's Peter's real motivation. I don't think he wants to save the world, so much as wanting to be someone important. Someone greater than he was when the show started. Hiro on the other hand seems to be more pure and selfless.

Peter is all about this "This is my destiny, I was meant for something greater than what I am now, blah blah blah." Guess who else was saying the same thing not too long ago?

Sylar.

I'm sure if someone wanted to take advantage of Peter and make him go more towards his dark side, they easily could by playing up to Peter's need to do great things. It'd be cool if the writers go in that direction, and I'm hoping they do. I think that they're already hinting at it with Sylar appearing in Peter's dreams. Well see though.

Originally Posted by striped phantom
Dream sequence:

I think Nathan will fly Peter out too. That's why he was the only one walking towards Peter, he was the only one capable of saving him. (Couldn't Haitian man technically stop Peter too?)
The Haitian couldn't stop Nathan from flying away...I don't think his power works for people whose powers don't have some sort of mental association.

I hope Nathan doesn't do that though, or if he does I hope he'd survive because Nathan is already my favorite character and I hope they don't have that sort of redemption through sacrfice arc for him.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Lene; Dec 7, 2006 at 07:45 PM.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 07:49 PM #305 of 826
I agree that there's a parallel between Peter and Sylar, but such is often the case with the main hero and villain. To me, Peter is the anti-Sylar. Peter borrows powers, Sylar steals them. They're the same, but different.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 08:19 PM #306 of 826
Question, is it only me, is it because it can't be streamed in Québec, but I can't watch any of the episodes on the official website.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:00 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 08:00 PM #307 of 826
Originally Posted by cubed
Question, is it only me, is it because it can't be streamed in Québec, but I can't watch any of the episodes on the official website.
I just tested it now. I'm in California and I can play it fine.

Similar incident. One time I was reading media of the Winter Olympics on nbc.com. I told a friend who was in Japan (at the time) to check out the NBC site too, but for some odd reason he couldn't. Could there possibly be a country limitation at NBC?

I would suggest to torrent or get the eps from my sendspace uploads (though i'm about to stop uploading because it doesn't seem like anyone was downloading from it.)

Someone else on the forums here said they'll host it on their FTP too...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:13 PM #308 of 826
They're all on my FTP - check my sig.

And I think it's a copyright thing why you arn't able to get to the online episodes from outside the US.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:16 PM #309 of 826
Originally Posted by striped phantom

I would suggest to torrent or get the eps from my sendspace uploads (though i'm about to stop uploading because it doesn't seem like anyone was downloading from it.)
I was downloading them from you, but you stopped announcing the new uploads and I haven't grabbed the last three or four.

Most amazing jew boots
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:30 PM #310 of 826
http://www.heroes-forum.com has weekly downloads. And all of their download links should running, from the last time I checked.

How ya doing, buddy?

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 09:13 PM #311 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
I was downloading them from you, but you stopped announcing the new uploads and I haven't grabbed the last three or four.
Haha sorry, I thought people would just go back to my old post, cuz that's where the links were.

sendspace links are still here if you want them. I didn't up ep 10 and 11 yet, so I guess I might as well do it. Amazingly my files haven't been deleted yet (I thought there was a 14 day limit.)

Back on the topic of Heroes.
I can't remember well, but is NBC still continuing the comics even though the show is on hiatus?

EDIT:
K, I got all the eps on sendspace..
here

FELIPE NO

Last edited by makura; Dec 8, 2006 at 03:09 AM.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Dec 8, 2006, 01:43 AM #312 of 826
Originally Posted by Lene
I don't think that's Peter's real motivation. I don't think he wants to save the world, so much as wanting to be someone important. Someone greater than he was when the show started. Hiro on the other hand seems to be more pure and selfless.

Peter is all about this "This is my destiny, I was meant for something greater than what I am now, blah blah blah." Guess who else was saying the same thing not too long ago?

Sylar.
Meh, while turning Peter into the main villian would be a pretty cool twist, hasnt' been done much in tv or movies, I just don't think it would fit the character too well.

Peter didn't feel this way until the powers started to form. Sylar, on the other hand, strove to be greater, to not be dull for a long time before Suresh came to him. I think Peter has this "comic book" approach to him, knowing that he's been given these powers for a reason, and wants to change the world for the better, wheras Sylar only wants it for himself.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 09:17 PM #313 of 826
Originally Posted by cubed
The streams are only for the US. Us Quebecers get screwed. Just torrent them though. Easy enough to find. www.isohunt.com

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 06:11 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 11:11 AM #314 of 826
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
The streams are only for the US. Us Quebecers get screwed. Just torrent them though. Easy enough to find. www.isohunt.com
Or watch them via stream here http://tv.peekvid.com/s3022/

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 11:48 PM #315 of 826
Some things I noticed.

Bennett is seen taking DIRECT orders on what "to do" with Sylar. Also, Peter seems fine when in his cell with Nathan, but only when Bennett enters the room does Peter get sick.

Some conclusions here. This means that Bennett is only a henchman for the real "evil" in the story. Bennett, although shady with his morals and all, he obviously makes decisions, but is NOT calling the shots. Linderman perhaps? It would have to be unless there is a "boss" or another big brother of some kind but that at this point, doesn't seem likely.

As with Peter getting sick, I believe this is caused by either Bennett or the Haitian. He hasn't come into contact with either of the until now, so it seems likely that whatever "powers" of stopping superpowers that the Haitian or Bennett have, it affected Peter.

The one thing I really don't get is, what kept Sylar from getting out? What in that room would keep Sylar dormant? If it was the Haitian, why the hell would they let the Haitian leave? There are alot of questions to do with the whole Bennett scenario that haven't panned out yet.

The real kicker is why couldn't Sylar rip Bennett through the wall like he did Eden?

~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 11:00 PM #316 of 826
Sylar's power is to figure out what is broken or how things tick, right? So once he figured out how the room worked he was able to bypass the security when Eden came in.

Wait.. didn't someone say this already?

Stuff goes here~
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 01:01 AM #317 of 826
I think there was something that prevent Sylar from breaking the cell he was in, but I think that he found out that he could still manipulate things outside the room. You see that' it's Eden that he pull through the window.

now the question is why he couldn't do this with Bennet, I think it's because the haitan man is following him almost everwhere ...

I was speaking idiomatically.
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 12:25 AM #318 of 826
I'm really starting to wonder if Bennett has a power. Eden can't seem to phase him, Peter seemed to get sick in his presence, Sylar can't screw with him... It seems more and more likely to me that Bennett is not powerless himself. Right now, we've been pinning everything on the Haitian guy, but he has been absent many times and Bennett has seemed to hold his own. If Bennett is powerless, he would not he pose any threat to any of the heros unless he had some technology that would do something. But that seems a bit to farfetched for this series.

My money is on Bennett having a "superpower muting/silencing" power, and Linderman running the whole setup that he is under.

Also, at this point it seems very unlikely that Peter has had contact with the nuclear man, and that wouldn't necessarily keep him from having the dream he has.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 01:03 AM #319 of 826
Interesting theories, guys. I love the brainstorming.

Spoiler:
I like that we have to keep coming back to the Peter/Sylar thing, because there's no way for us to resolve it without them revealing more info. My personal inkling is that unless Peter picks up pieces of people's personalities (I swear I didn't intend for that much alliteration), his nature leads him to do only that which is right, and not to abuse what he's got. Besides which if future!Hiro is interacting with him the way it seems, Peter's still a good guy at least that far into the future.

My first instinct is also that Sylar figured out the workings of the room in order to take out Eden. If Mr. Bennett had been relying solely on the powers of the Haitian, or even possibly his own powers, he wouldn't have left only Eden to be guarding the place. Knowing that Sylar had the power to figure out how things work, I wouldn't have expected him to leave Sylar in there that long without another stop-gap, though. What remains to be seen is whether he can escape from there or if there are further security measures that can keep him.

The question of who is superior over Mr. Bennett is a good one. That they've only now introduced the concept shows the depth that they've planned the show, but I'm curious/doubting that Linderman is directly in charge (maybe as a source of funds, but not a boss) just because it would be too neat and clean. The methods that they're using to keep us guessing (ie: Haitian speaking, Eden having powers, Sylar's origin/whatever, etc.) lead me to believe that Mr. Bennett has powers (because they haven't explained it away yet), whether or not they're related to what we assume the Haitian can do.

FELIPE NO
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:43 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 03:43 PM #320 of 826
Originally Posted by Inhert
I think there was something that prevent Sylar from breaking the cell he was in, but I think that he found out that he could still manipulate things outside the room. You see that' it's Eden that he pull through the window.
I don't think it's so much Eden as the GUN she is holding that he pulls through the window. She just happens to hold it tightly enough to not be able to let go before she crashes into the window. Think about it, if you could break the glass just by using a human body he could have escaped a long time ago. All he had to do was throw himself at it or kick it until it breaks. The gun, however, is made of metal, could act as fine sledgehammer if you apply some telekinetic energy to it. And the gun DOES look heavy.

One thing that shows that Bennet was very aware of this fact is when he enters to give Sylar his food. There are no metal containers with the food, and even the tray seems to be made out of plastic.

Edit: Moreover, all the needles of the walls have been pulled out etc. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited by Sword Familiar; Dec 11, 2006 at 10:01 AM.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:53 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 09:53 AM #321 of 826
Hmm, that's a pretty good find. I'll have to go back and look over the last episode and see if it adds up.

In other news, I have no idea what I'm going to do with an extra hour tonight.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 06:52 PM #322 of 826
Is there no episode of Heroes tonight? I am assuming there isn't because it seems all the new episodes for the different shows are delayed till Jan 2007.

Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 12:56 AM #323 of 826
Originally Posted by The Wise Vivi
Is there no episode of Heroes tonight? I am assuming there isn't because it seems all the new episodes for the different shows are delayed till Jan 2007.
No new episodes until january, I'm afraid. :/ Heroes has been given the same treatment as the rest.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 07:08 PM #324 of 826
Well, that is really crappy. But it doesn't surprise me. At least I have Torchwood, and Doctor Who to look forward to this month, especially around Christmas.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 07:08 PM #325 of 826
Originally Posted by Sword Familiar
I don't think it's so much Eden as the GUN she is holding that he pulls through the window. She just happens to hold it tightly enough to not be able to let go before she crashes into the window. Think about it, if you could break the glass just by using a human body he could have escaped a long time ago. All he had to do was throw himself at it or kick it until it breaks. The gun, however, is made of metal, could act as fine sledgehammer if you apply some telekinetic energy to it. And the gun DOES look heavy.

One thing that shows that Bennet was very aware of this fact is when he enters to give Sylar his food. There are no metal containers with the food, and even the tray seems to be made out of plastic.

Edit: Moreover, all the needles of the walls have been pulled out etc. Coincidence? I think not.

This would be fine except for the two scenes in which Sylar uses his (stolen) telekinetic powers on nonmetallic objects. Once, he causes his ceramic coffee mug to come to his hand in the Burnt Toast Diner. The other is during the flashback, when he causes an ordinary drinking glass to move, then fly away and shatter.

This proves that Sylar can manipulate things other than metal.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes