Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Rocky Balboa (2006)

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:30 AM #1 of 55
Rocky Balboa (2006)

Well the trailer is online: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/rock...8D9XeeLAZfVXcA
Man I am a big fan of the Rocky movies and have been excited for this one for a long time now. After watching the trailer I am even more excited, it seems to have the feel from the older movies "not 5" which is a good thing. Even though this probally won't do well in theaters and people will make endless rocky is too old jokes I could care less! :biggrin:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:08 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 12:38 AM #2 of 55
All the Rocky's are awesome and Rocky 5, I found, was a breath of fresh air. I liked the trailer, but I am not sure how it's going to turn out, it looks to be sticking to the old Rocky formula instead of trying something new.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:44 AM #3 of 55
Hey as long as it has the dramatic fight, and the training montage I AM THERE! It's gonna be amazing to see 50/60 something year old Stallone get in shape.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:01 AM #4 of 55
Actor :

EX-actor :

Sly FTW ! Adriaaaaaaaaaaannnn !

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:17 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 05:17 PM #5 of 55
promotion for the movie took a hit when Antonio Tarver (the ex-champ that plays Mason Dixon) lost last month lol.
As a boxing fan i really like how they made it all serious with the hbo ppv things and they even got the real commentators and stuff. But rocky is always kickass so i cant wait for this one.

no homo
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:21 AM #6 of 55
Wow he is pretty big and in shape ESPECIALLY for his age. CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:33 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 08:33 AM #7 of 55
Originally Posted by Cobra
EX-actor :

Sly FTW ! Adriaaaaaaaaaaannnn !
Arnie really let himself go.

Sad.

FELIPE NO
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:02 AM #8 of 55
I've only see parts of Rocky V because it got boring just having him train some punk to fight. Yes, punk b/c I did turn the television on and caught those two getting into a serious fight with one another...you don't EVER think you can beat Rocky like that. However, does anyone know how he got over his brain damage illness that kept giving him the shakes?

It's sad to see that the original Adrienne isn't going to be in this film. I thought this film was going to be a complete joke and was going to suck even worse than the fifth, but after seeing the previews, I have a renewed faith in the film and totally psyched about Christmas .

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:12 AM #9 of 55
Yeah Adrienne is supposed to be dead in this film which kinda sucks but adds a lot to the story.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:29 AM #10 of 55
Adrienne is dead? Weep. I think it was Rocky IV where Rocky mentioned to Paulie that "he had to marry Adrienne because he knocked her up." Wicked sad, man. Why did they do that.

I love all of the Rocky movies with a passion. Especially Rocky IV. I found Rocky V a little less awesome than the previous 4, but what are you going to do.

Sly is really playing Rocky. Holy shit. This is going to be fucking awesome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:57 AM #11 of 55
Just a little one while waiting.

Anyway I got the sad impression that Rocky will die in this one. The producers wanted him to die in the previous one already.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 12:10 PM #12 of 55
Never saw Rocky V. Did he develop punch-drunk or something like that?

Either way, this looks fantastic. Gonna kick ass to see old Stallone pull off a movie like this. Also, I like how in-shape he looks. This looks like a nice film, and I don't say that about many Stallone films. Rocky V I heard was a step down, and Rambo's went down the shitter fast. Hope this'll be as good as it looks.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 09:14 PM #13 of 55
yeah he got punch-drunk, brain damage and the whole shibangabang.
And that was the first thing i thought about when i heard about this. Realisticly he shouldnt even be able to walk normally.

no homo
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:40 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 11:40 AM #14 of 55
Rocky is going to lose that last fight. It's going to be a close one, but he's going to lose. I know it.

It just makes the most sense. Hey, if he dies, at least we know it's the end of the Rocky franchise, and all great things must end.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 02:40 PM #15 of 55
Am I the only one who's sick of the Rocky movies? I watched a few of them the other day (I think we watched the beginning of the one where he's retarded) and thought they were hilariously bad. This trailer looks better than the original films, but I can't get over Stallone's 'acting.' It's because of this that I can't ever take these films seriously.

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:18 PM #16 of 55
Probably from all the grunts and hits he takes , kurad ;p .

I'll be honest. I think I'm going to enjoy this film a little more than V. I thought this movie would focus a little more on his son but oh well. Can't get enough of good ol Sly from Cobra >=p.

I think this blonde girl might be Adrian's friend from her workplace and he pumps rocky up with confidence ;p.

I'll probably never get over the Rocky movies. I grew up watching it over and over u.u. Yeah, We'll be seeing a shitload of marathons coming november

Most amazing jew boots
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:42 PM #17 of 55
More importantly, is "Eye of the tiger" going to be played? And it better not be some alternative-rock cover either, that would probably set me off the most.

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:54 PM #18 of 55
Originally Posted by K_ Takahashi
More importantly, is "Eye of the tiger" going to be played? And it better not be some alternative-rock cover either, that would probably set me off the most.
I love that song. However, I'm just hoping that they don't let someone Ashlee Simpson or Justin Timberlake sing a cover of it. Hey, they let Britney Spears butcher "I Love Rock & Roll" and William Huang demolish "We Are The Champions", I am not about to underestimate the evil of Hollywood toward Rock. Why mess with a good thing like "Eye of the Tiger"?

Then again, I'm normally not a fan of covers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 02:28 PM #19 of 55
Why the Rocky V hate? Rocky III was clearly the worst. Clubber (Mr. T) was the worst and most disinteresting opponent Rocky has fought, although I did like how Apollo trains Rocky after Mickey died.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 10:10 PM #20 of 55
Originally Posted by NovaX
Why the Rocky V hate? Rocky III was clearly the worst. Clubber (Mr. T) was the worst and most disinteresting opponent Rocky has fought, although I did like how Apollo trains Rocky after Mickey died.
Clubber is arguably the second best villian (Drago is the best. There is no contest. I must break you.) in the whole damn series.

I mean Mr. fucking T. Taunting Rock out of retirement. Trying to fuck Adrian. Pushing down Mickey causing him to have a heart attack and die.

I mean this is where he launched the best saying in the history of anything. "I pity the fool!".

My prediction?! PAIN!"

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:13 PM #21 of 55
News Reporter: So Clubber do you accept the challenge for a rematch from balboa?

Clubber: Challenge? No I don't accept the challenge cause he ain't no challenge, but I wouldn't mind whoopin on the foo some moe.

Love that part. Or this one

News guy: Clubber what to expect the outcome to be for the fight?

Clubber: PAAAAIIIIN!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Troy-Bagnell
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5080

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:14 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 12:14 AM #22 of 55
I add nothing to topics!

Anyone else agree that the first movie was the only good one? It had the such an amazing and emotional message to it. Which was just ruined in the second one. And it progressively got worse till Rocky V.

Now I've read in interviews Sylvester Stallone was talking about how he wanted to make this more like the first movie. And also make it a lot more realistic. So I'm kind of looking forward to it.

lol, I was convinced by Rocky III that him and Apollo were a gay couple.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Troy-Bagnell; Jul 11, 2006 at 11:17 PM.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:27 PM #23 of 55
No I love 1-4 and think 5 is ok but I love 1 and 2 for different reasons then I love 3 and 4.

FELIPE NO
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:35 PM #24 of 55
I liked all the movies except 5. Rocky I had a powerful message and Rocky II had a great underdog feeling to it. Rocky III I rarely ever get to see it, but it shows that you have to keep fighting to keep your dreams alive and not get too cocky, and some of the guest star roles of Hulk Hogan and Mr. T were interesting. Rocky IV was my favorite because it was so dramatic and had that true feel of good guy vs. bad guy (Draco is truly the most evil bad guy of the series). Also, the message that Rocky gives at the end may seem corny to some, but it was sort of meaningful.

Rocky V, I just wasn't a fan of the parts that I saw.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:40 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 06:10 PM #25 of 55
I found Clubber really boring, I dunno maybe it's just me.

And with Rocky V, I felt it was alot more personal and beating Tommy Gunn meant alot more to Rocky. It also brought Rocky back to his roots and away from his "god-like" status, he wasn't beating Tommy to avenge Mickey or to change Russia, he was doing it for himself. It was a change, but I felt a welcome one.

Double Post:
LOL, I just read this on wikipedia, "Mr. T is currently training for an appearance in Rocky Balboa, the sixth installment in the Rocky series, where he reprises his role as Clubber Lang, though he will appear as a commentator only."

Last edited by NovaX; Jul 12, 2006 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Rocky Balboa (2006)