Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 05:00 PM #1 of 608
Originally Posted by BluencoolX
I don't think it is possible to make a Siren movie. The game is played such that you have the ability to see what your enemies (zombies) are seeing and hence make decisions on your next move based on these visions. Imagine constantly switching among zombies A, B, C's vision and that of the heroes (there are more than 1 playable characters in the game). It will be very confusing for the movie audience and probably bore them.
Maybe they just won't deal with that? I don't know how the second Siren game turned out (all I know is you can apparently sightjack animals now), but I know the Japanese already made a movie based on it (box office hit, apparently) and that there's a dog in it named after the boy in The Sixth Sense... I can't get any of the videos on the official site to work, but there's one on youtube. I haven't heard any opinions on it either...except for someone on GameFAQs that said it reminds them of Silent Hill in terms of how they presented it as a psychological thriller... I haven't heard much about Sam Raimi's version since he bought the rights, either.

But um...woo Silent Hill! I uh...liked how PH twisted that chick's chest flesh.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 04:16 PM #2 of 608
eeeeeee Killed By Death + Don't Cry...I love. Man, the music really is pretty atmospheric. Then again, it scared the crap out of me the very first time I played SH so that goes without saying. Clip makes me happy. And yeah, the gas mask dude are miners, that's what they're called in Sony's SH character downloads section.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 04:26 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 11:26 PM #3 of 608
My birthday's on Friday, so I've basically forced my boyfriend into going with me opening night. Parents are also coming because they will be paying and treating it like my present :x

The music being remixed/adapted from the soundtracks makes me happy. More than happy. Now I don't have to worry about some lame, random numetal sounding crap being used during "action" scenes, or whatever.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 03:14 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 10:14 PM #4 of 608
Not much surprise in my thoughts on the movie here. I pretty much completely agree with what SOLDIER said.

Everything from the moment Rose stepped into Silent Hill 'til the "congratulations" crap was utterly great. I ended up liking Cybil more than Rose, I think...too bad about what happens. Really didn't like that scene, felt unnecessary, and it just sucked to see that happen to her.

I think I laughed at some inappropriate times in the theater :x Like almost any time a monster appeared, I let out a chuckled. I don't know if it was just a nervous habit or what...my mom did the same. I was hoping the movie would be a little more...scary. But for the parts that were in the movie, I definitely felt a sense of anxiety for Rose to get away (or just for her to get her ass moving, what's with standing and watching The Janitor for however long she did before even attempting to escape?).

I wish they would've saved that flashback stuff for Chris to find or something...it was just so awkward with the way they handled it. I wanted to say "what the hell is this...?" while it was going on.

Anyway, I still would definitely like to go see this movie again. I did actually like it regardless of pretty much hating everything that happened in the end at the church. Easily my favorite video game to movie adaptation. It's not perfect, but it's just good enough for me. The atmosphere, the monsters (my mom immediately mentioned "Thriller" when those nurses started walking)...makes me want to play the first 3 games again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 06:55 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 01:55 AM #5 of 608
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
Okay, I have to ask, what's the joke I'm missing? What's to laugh at in this film? I don't see how the subject matter or execution was so obviously unintentionally hilarious. I was in a full theater. There was no one chuckling. How is lack of both maturity and the willingness to suspend your disbelief for fantastical premise the fault of the film and not the audience?
Jeez, I wasn't meaning that I was laughing because something was so horribly executed that I found it to be laughable. I'm very much willing to suspend my disbelief, otherwise I wouldn't play any video games, let alone something like Silent Hill. It wasn't about things being unintentionally funny, or about things being the film's "fault." It's not like I started cackling when Christabella got her's. There's a reason I say it was inappropriate to laugh, the things happening on screen usually weren't funny, but I still couldn't help chuckling a bit...why? I don't know. Some stuff the whole audience laughed at which I thought were supposed to be funny, like the timing of "Ring of Fire" with its lyrics about things burning, Cybil's WTF reaction in the school, Sharon and Cybil at the gas station...and for some reason a lot of people laughed when Anna came pouncing through the whole in the wall of the hotel. The only other times (the inappropriate times) I and some other people laughed were when recognizable monster appeared, and for me, it was like a combination of "oh shit there's a monster..." nervous chuckle and "damn, that's so perfect" appreciative laugh. I did the same thing when I played SH2 for the first time and I ran into Pyramid Head in that underground cavern thing and he scared the living daylights out of me.

When I said I hoped it'd be more scary, I wasn't coupling that with the laughing. I just meant I wished (or maybe expected) there were more moments of uncomfortable atmosphere, tension, etc. I just didn't feel a huge sense of urgency or anxiety at any given point, but like I already said, I thought that what was in there was pulled off wonderfully, so it doesn't bug me that the movie didn't creep me out as much as the games did because ultimately, I enjoyed it.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by kupomog; Apr 23, 2006 at 07:21 AM.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 02:06 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 09:06 PM #6 of 608
Looks like Silent Hill is estimated as #1 for the weekend US box office, according to IMDb/Nielsen EDI.

http://imdb.com/boxoffice/

I like.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie