Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:05 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:05 AM #1 of 608
Any news on the composer issue? I'm listening to some Yamaoka right now and the thought of having someone to work on the movie's score who was involved with Resident Evil Apcalypse makes me feel nauseous. (I still need to climb a hill and bark/cry at the moon for the Castlevania movie.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:43 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 06:43 PM #2 of 608
Originally Posted by Simo
Despite previous reports Yamaoka himself said that he is working on some new material for the film in the new issue of EGM...
Yep, I read that part and it got my hopes up again. Just wanted to know wether this was still the latest status on the issue.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 04:06 AM #3 of 608
Originally Posted by Tellurian
Silent Hill 4 is as much Silent Hill as Alien Resurrection is an Alien movie.
Meaning it's more an "inspired by..." thing. Not the real thing.
Hm, not quite, but I know what you mean.
While Ressurection was intended to be the Alien3 sequel from the get-go (how much it succeeded at that is a different story, I found it to be very entertaining still but not quite as inspiring as the other movies), The Room was originally intended to start a new franchise with no ties to Silent Hill whatsoever. But some shady executive had to play it save as ever so often...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 06:41 AM #4 of 608
From what I'm reading in that diary, there is a lot of respect for the original material, along with tight supervision from the initial creators. Now I'm really looking forward to this one.

Spoiler:
And that bit about the Janitor thing "deserving" to become a monster sounds especially true to the crime & punishment notion of the games.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:06 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:06 PM #5 of 608
Agreed, that's pretty lame. That poster featured in the movie's Wikipedia article is rather explicit as well, but also pretty stylish and I think that's as much as they should have given away beforehand. Remember P-Head's 1st entrance in the game? I was terrified, not just because of what it was doing but that otherworldy design gave the whole experience an immense boost. Why leave the audience time to let it sink in even before the lights go out in the cinema?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie