Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:16 PM #1 of 608
I've been following the news on this movie for a long while, and I can't wait to see it. It may be a bit masochistic since I'm a huge wuss with horror movies and will no doubt be scared pantsless, but that's the fun of it. Sadly, it'll be a week or two before I can thanks to end of semester school work, but it sounds like it'll be well worth the wait.

Could someone give me an overview of how the first game ends though? I played it, but before I could beat it the US postal service ripped my memory card out of its envelope and destroyed it. Partially my fault for mailing it during the time when they were all paranoid about anthrax and lumpy packages. I have SH2 as well, but I still plan to finish that someday.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 01:12 AM #2 of 608
Again, could someone fill me in on what is the basic gist of the end of Silent Hill 1 (or link me to somewhere with a good explanation of the mythos)? I'd like to go into the movie knowing at least that, since I only got about halfway through the game before my memory card was destroyed by the postal service.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:09 PM #3 of 608
Originally Posted by xSummonerYUnax
I just came back from watching the movie for the 2nd time. Now that I think about it, the ending does actually make some sense. This is my brief ending analysis:

Spoiler:
In the scene where Rose discovers the truth, the 'Reaper' talks about how the dream has to end and I think she makes a deal with Alessa. I'm guessing Alessa was going to die and the Reaper was going to help her get her revenge. Since Sharon is a manifestation of Alessa, she can only exist if Alessa is alive. Alessa probably died after she annihilates everyone in the chapel with the barbed wires so Sharon dies with her.

I think it's pretty evident in the movie that Rose wants to be with Sharon over her husband. She keeps saying "For Sharon" and leaves for SH without telling Chris or hearing him say he loves her. Since Sharon dies with Alessa, she can only live on in the 'otherworld' and Rose chooses to stay with her, which is why she never makes it back to the real world where Chris is.
Spoiler:
Was Sharon supposed to be a manifestation of Alessa? I saw at it as the slightly less mystical view that it was a baby as a result of being raped by the janitor. Actually having a baby because of that, let alone it coming to term after the mother is nearly torched to death is practically as impossible as seperating out a second body, but it seemed to fit better having Sharon as a symbol for Alessa's lost innocence rather than just being a physical form of goodness.

I figured the reason they stayed trapped inside of Silent Hill hell even after they left town was because Sharon met eyes with the "Demon" after Rose told her not to look, and so it took residence within her now that Alessa was gone.

I just got back from watching the movie for the first time, and I thought it was pretty good. I really didn't think the end was that bad, and instead thought the very beginning was pretty cheesy. Lots of stupid lines, and it made no sense at all for Rose to speed away from Cybil when she was pulled over.

There was one scene that almost made me laugh though:
Spoiler:
The nurses were just hilarious. They got the look perfect, but when they moved it looked more like a Gap commercial than anything. I half expected two nurses to cartwheel in front of the camera and then attempt to sell Rose a pair of relaxed-fit khakis.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie