Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Demashitaa! PowerPuff Girls Z

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 10:32 PM #26 of 31
Eh, I wasn't expecting that much from it, I was just hoping it would be somewhat as good as the original (which basically has the same target audience). I don't know though, I haven't watched the original show in like two years, so maybe that show is not even good to me anymore (I just remember it as being good from when I was younger).

How ya doing, buddy?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 09:44 PM #27 of 31
I don't know. I remember Power Puff girl as being none-sensical, obnoxious, repetitive and kick ass at the same time. Its awesome that way.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 07:59 AM #28 of 31
Yeah, the original had it's bad and great days as well. Sometimes it had some really fun writing like the Beat-alls episode where most of the dialogue was plays off of Beatles song lyrics or titles and they used a monkey called Yoko to break up the band of misfits.

Really, the whole icecream and autograph and Mojo versus Blossom initial face-off were all in the feel of the original show.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:03 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 03:03 PM #29 of 31
The reason I don't like this version is because it's not focusing on FUNNY. That's what was at the heart of the Powerpuff Girls show (it got cancelled later on in the newer episodes because the newer episodes were less funny and more dramatic. Like Dexter's Laboratory).

The only reason I got into the powerpuff girls were because of the comedy I got from it. It was so fun to watch. Now this? Another Sailor Moon rip-off? Just the fact that they have to do the "hide my identity from my classmates" thing annoys me.

My biggest disappointment was the mayor. I wanted to see the mayor acting clueless and like a goofball. He isn't suppose to be competent and actually know what's going on.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:40 PM #30 of 31
Japanese society has crushed the PPGs for you, eh. Hmmm... I wonder what would have happened if they took a more Super Milk-chan approach to it.

Anyway episode two is out and T-N has translated both it and episode one so I'll add links and info for them in the first post. Enjoy!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 05:16 PM #31 of 31
Quote:
I wonder what would have happened if they took a more Super Milk-chan approach to it.
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Demashitaa! PowerPuff Girls Z