Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Resident Evil Movie Series.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 09:12 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 02:12 PM #51 of 93
Spoiler:
If they fuck about with Yawn and turn him into a cobra or something of that ilk, then I'm going to be pissed. Otherwise if it's just a generic giant evil snake I won't complain.

And FINALLY a Tyrant. Wonderful.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:54 PM #52 of 93
I like the preview, not bad at all. Thanks for the links.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 04:18 AM #53 of 93
Trailer

1080HD

Most amazing jew boots

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:19 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 11:19 PM #54 of 93
Some new pictures from 'Extinction'.

xman25

Most amazing jew boots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg residentevilextinction_mainbg.jpg (24.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg extinction3.jpg (33.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg ali_larter1.jpg (34.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg extinction5.jpg (23.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg extinction4.jpg (27.9 KB, 37 views)
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 06:57 PM Local time: May 29, 2007, 06:57 PM #55 of 93
Here is a poster for 'Resident Evil: Extinction'.

xman25

FELIPE NO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resident_Evil_Extinction_Poster.jpg (366.2 KB, 41 views)
Logan
The Universe's Most Wanted

Member 10849

Level 4.85

Aug 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 02:18 AM 2 #56 of 93
The fact that a lot of people are saying the second movie was better than the first makes me want to implode with angry fury and take the world with me.

The first Resident Evil movie was tolerable if it had been thought of as a stand-alone side story to events happening elsewhere. Kind of like Resident Evil Outbreak, only not canon.

Resident Evil Apocalypse, however, tried to include the game's story which was a hit or miss...and boy was it a severe miss. The target could have been 10 miles tall and wide and only 1 inch in front of them, and they STILL missed it. Alice stole the show a lot and not in a good way. Every time she hit the screen, I sighed. She's what Jill should have been. They even made Jill say "I'm good, but not THAT good." I'm almost positive some scenes had to be done over because the director complained about not enough Milla in the shot. "CUT!!! About a quarter of Jill's shoulder was blocking Alice's elbow. Shoot the entire scene again! In fact, take Jill out. Have her stand by and watch instead. Action!"

Game characters were given so much injustice toward the new characters. Like I said, they made Jill into some cop rookie, Carlos barely did anything important...and Nemesis...wow. Nemesis lost to a fight against Alice. A fistfight. That was sheer RE blasphemy. And for him to develop feelings and become a good guy? What happened to the badass, evil, won't-stop-until-he-kills-you-even-if-he-dies-and-transforms-just-to-kill-you NEMESIS?! Gone. Just more fodder to feed Milla's spotlight.

RE movies might as well be called "Milla Jovich versus the Zombies!" Did I mention she's ugly as sin too?

And finally, at the end of RE:A, she becomes Mega Wesker. Wesker gets superhuman powers, yes, but they overpowered Alice far too much. Melt's a guy's face off simply by looking through a security camera? That one scene alone almost made me light the movie screen on fire. Thats just overkill on power for a resident evil...well...anything. Movies or otherwise.

And now I read this little "Sit down with Milla" interview. She obviously is stupid or was paid to say what she said because everything out of her mouth written there is utter nonsense. RE3 will not be good. No. Stop saying "but what if...." It's going to be bad. Period. End of story. Milla can't act, she's ugly as hell, and is over-glorified in every RE movie so much that it no longer has any point to include any other characters.

What pisses me off the VERY most, however, is that they are actually TRYING to go out of their way to remove any scrap of the element of fear from these movies and put even MORE action in. If we wanted an action movie with zombies, we'd watch Army of Darkness. Resident Evil is supposed to be scary with a good storyline. Not a 2-hour washboard chest in ugly clothes beating up zombies in a desert in the middle of nowhere with Matrix moves in a mindless slaughter. No sense of fear or panic anywhere. Even RE4 (the game) tried to show a feel of PANIC in the game. This movie won't have panic because Milla Jovich was obviously told to play a one-man-army character which I bet she's happy about in her ditsy little way.

God I hate Milla Jovich. The wrters too. In fact...screw the next movie all together...

So, when's Silent Hill 2 coming out? Now THERE'S a game-movie worth seeing!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 05:22 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2007, 05:22 PM #57 of 93
Here are some new pictures from 'Resident Evil: Extinction'. One is of Ashanti as her character Betty, another is of Milla Jovovich as her character Alice, and the third is of an international poster.

Here is an interview Milla did with Wizard Universe: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/movies.../004257983.cfm

From wikipedia: Horror magazine Fangoria featured the film in the August 2007 Issue, talking with director Russell Mulcahy. [13] The following details were revealed:

1) Mulcahy stated that, "What I'm trying to do with this new sequel is to make a cross between a horror movie, a spaghetti Western and an Italian Mad Max type of thing."

2) Alice's convoy are traveling across the Nevada desert trying to reach sanctuary in Alaska.

3) The film will feature new "super zombies" that have been "pumped up on some sort of alter-essence steroids. They transform[...]"

4) Mulcahy also noted that he was happy with the ability to use CGI, which allowed for an increased level of gore, and many decapitation scenes,

5) Not all the main characters will survive the film.

6) Mulcahy also stated concerning the ending of the film trilogy, "As far as I'm aware, this is indeed supposed to close the book."

A behind the scenes video of Resident Evil: Extinction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul0bgAyJNJU

xman25

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003_1a.jpg (51.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg qc1ig68k.jpg (901.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg intlre3poster.jpg (76.7 KB, 24 views)
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:43 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 10:43 PM #58 of 93
I didn't even know they were making a third film until I saw the trailer awhile back. The trailer got me ultra-excited to see this. Since I only recently started playing RE:1 on GC (and more recently RE:4) the inconsistencies in these films didn't affect me obviously. I thought the first one was good, although it was limited by the setting (completely inside the umbrella lab). The second one was more "campy," but I enjoyed the added humor and an expansion of the setting which allowed for many added elements such as the reporter, the soldiers, etc.

I won't go into this film expecting "Lawrence of Arabia" nor a script based on a Gamefaqs RE game guide, and as such I will more than likely enjoy it...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 06:18 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 06:18 PM #59 of 93
New trailer for the third Resident Evil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn3I04RMCTU

I've also uploaded some new pictures from 'Extinction'.

xman25

How ya doing, buddy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg residentevil.jpg (289.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 002b.jpg (792.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 003b.jpg (606.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 004b.jpg (899.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 008a.jpg (219.2 KB, 24 views)
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:48 AM #60 of 93
480P (right click and rename makeplaylist.dll to whatever you want.mov)

1080P (same thing, just rename it to .mov)

Hi-Def trailers. Enjoy

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:14 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 04:14 AM #61 of 93
Oh man, no original costume for Claire?

The trailer looks nice, but I don't see how this movie is going to be kick ass if the other two weren't. Despite being R-rated, the movies didn't have enough blood and gore and they always looked like PG-13 movies.

Anyways, I'll try to keep my hopes up for this one.

I was speaking idiomatically.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:53 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 11:53 PM #62 of 93
Man, the Tyrant looks like shit. He looks to be about the size of a normal human instead of a towering behemoth. Good thing the "dollar theater" here plays first run movies now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 03:09 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 03:09 AM #63 of 93
Man, the Tyrant looks like shit. He looks to be about the size of a normal human instead of a towering behemoth. Good thing the "dollar theater" here plays first run movies now.
What Resident Evil did you play? You should know by now that each Tyrant starts out normal sized and then grows to some massive behemoth by the end of the game...

l2RE

FELIPE NO
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:00 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 01:00 AM #64 of 93
What Resident Evil did you play? You should know by now that each Tyrant starts out normal sized and then grows to some massive behemoth by the end of the game...

l2RE
Maybe towering behemoth wasn't a correct choice of words. What I meant was that Tyrants are usually about twice the size of a normal man. This one just looks like a zombie with tentacle claw things.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:00 PM #65 of 93
That new trailer makes it look badass I have to admit.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kiki02
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10944

Level 1.86

Aug 2006

Old Aug 4, 2007, 04:24 AM #66 of 93
aw man! i need to see this!

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2007, 05:14 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2007, 05:14 PM #67 of 93
Some new pictures. I'll upload more pictures later.

From wikipedia:
Spoiler:

Game connections

--Mulcahy stated that several old and new creatures will appear. Only the Zombies, Crimson Heads, Cerberuses, Crows and Tyrant have been confirmed to appear so far. Also, Lickers and Hunters have been rumored but will not appear in the film.

--Like Resident Evil 5 (the game), Extinction takes place in a dry, harsh, desert wilderness.

--A promotional photo shows Alice returning to the mansion featured in the first film, or a replica. Extinction will have connections to the previous two movies in the series. (direct reference to Code: Veronica).At the end of the movie Alice fights the Tyrant in a replica of the Spencer Mansion (which is used as a training facility for the Alice Clones) much like Claire Redfield does in the game Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

--As a reference to the original Resident Evil Captain Alexander Slater gets killed by the Tyrant much like Albert Wesker does in the original

--The event in which Dr. Isaacs is ordered to be assassinated but narrowly escapes death and injects himself with his own virus, ultimately mutating into a Tyrant-like creature, could be very well based on the same event in Resident Evil 2 in which William Birkin also injects himself and mutates into a creature similar to a Tyrant after nearly being assassinated.

--The Tyrant in this movie has a resemblance T-002 Tyrant from Resident Evil but attacks like the T-091 Tyrant does with his tentacles (from Resident Evilead Aim)

--Albert Wesker's role is Chairman of Umbrella, much like the role Wesker is seeking during and after the events of Resident Evil 4.

--Albert Wesker communicates with his top scientists and managers of Umbrella on a regular basis either via e-mail, phone call, or holographic image. Somewhat the same presence Albert Wesker had in Resident Evil 4. (Advising on Ada Wong on mission status's and objectives via PDA)

--The way Captain Alexander Slater dies (with tentacles destroying his face) is very similar to the final death of Biohazard 4D Executer, a Japanese theme park film attraction based on the game. Also the expression in the face of the Tyrant resembles the creature in the game attraction.

xman25

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Residentevilextinctionposter.jpg (64.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Resident-Evil-3-banner-A.jpg (64.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Resident-Evil-3-banner-B.jpg (61.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 037.jpg (598.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 076.jpg (456.4 KB, 15 views)
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:31 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2007, 07:31 PM #68 of 93
Here are two clips and a featurette from the new Resident Evil:

YouTube - Crimson Head Zombies in Resident Evil Extinction (Clip)

YouTube - Resident Evil: Extinction Crow Attack

YouTube - Resident Evil Extinction Featurette

xman25

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:36 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2007, 09:36 PM #69 of 93
Just a heads up. I bought the Resident Evil 1&2 double feature DVDs at WalMart for $14, and it comes with a free movie ticket to see RE3. Pretty good deal, IMO!

I was speaking idiomatically.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:38 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2007, 05:38 PM #70 of 93
First review of 'Resident Evil: Extinction': RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION (2007)

xman25

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Edsplosive
Smoke Some

Member 24171

Level 6.69

Feb 2007

Old Sep 22, 2007, 03:11 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 10:11 PM #71 of 93
I just got back from watching RE3. Put on your seat belts and start your engines, because... you really want to drive away from this one. This is no review, it's a rant of disgust.

Spoiler:
It was one of those movies that starts off with something to grab your interest, and does so... "OMG a neat, and non-overdone fight scene with hellhounds. All right this is gonna be fine." But then you get that interest... just so your face can be right up against the movie's ass only to have it suddenly blast a wave of green shit back at you. I'm not going to go into methodical details about the movie. Instead, I'll just point out all the little clips of memory that help make my head implode.

The undead can rip through bus doors, car hoods, window shields, but can't climb over a non-electric fence that guards a facility entrance. Dr. Isaacs goes with a handful of soldiers to get a hold of Alice's blood sample saying, "Kill her and get a blood sample while it's still warm" as if warm blood has anything to do with Genetics. Then they drop a magical crate in Las Vegas. It's just a crate that you see at the docks. But it's magical you see, because when it's placed and the door gets knocked down... a bunch, no a THOUSAND undead run outside from the BACK of this crate to hotsex the good guys.

Wait, what's up? Alice becomes Akira and turns a flamethrower's firepower into an all out Big Bang explosion, cooking all the infected crows overhead. Crows, infected. Okay, so where are all the infected coyotes and mudskippers? Make some damn sense! How do you have people infected from an arm bite go undead within a day, and then have TJ the token black guy get a direct bite on the chest and last for at least 3 days. Man, those refried beans must really have been lethal.

I'm so done with these sound effects that are supposed to scare people in their seats. Hello! The scenes aren't scary, you just so happened to have everything quiet and then suddenly play the LOUDEST, ear-pain pounding effect to startle an audience. Let's not forget the electrical spark effect being played 100 times in 10 minutes. Please come up with less cheesier lines. "I cannot die! *Tetsuo psyonic wave attack*" "I am the future. WARRRRRRGH! *laserbeam slice*" The "Tron" facility animation has just got to stop. And who the fuck wears sunglasses in an underground facility?

I simply could not take so many scenes seriously. An undead subject playing with kiddie blocks and a cel-phone. Dr. Isaacs tentacle-rape. I love how when everyone asks if they have something to say during their comrades' funeral, TJ steps forward and cries for Betty and then everyone suddenly leaves to do more important shit. Then when Carlos offers to sacrifice himself, all the chicks are cryin'.

Oh for fuck's sake, show some tits at least. A million Alice clones and no fucking tits. And stop playing ONE song with 1,000 versions of it through the entire movie. God save all you RE3 soundtrack enthusiasts.

Oh, here are 2 pros to this. Nice Alice outfit design. I like her boots and the straps on 'em. I'll make sure to draw that when I'm in a clothed figure drawing workshop next time. Last but not least, Carlos was a G.

So there you have a chain of individual thoughts from clips in the movie that make my head want to implode. How prolific! Can't wait to see something better like Good Luck Chuck.

How can you write a review after this "thing!?"

FELIPE NO
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 05:34 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2007, 05:34 PM #72 of 93
Edsplosive, what were you really expecting? High concept? Deep thoughts? The Resident Evil movies are the kind of movies you don't bring your brain to. It's ok to watch big dumb movies every now and then. I basically got what I expected from 'Resident Evil: Extinction'. The complaint that I do have for the movie is that it seems like a 95 minute set up for the next instalment(s) in the franchise. I know it's been said by the producers that number 3 is the last one, but the ending leaves the door very wide open for there to be other Resident Evil movies. The actor who plays Wesker is pretty lame. The final boss fight was too short. But, overall I found the movie entertaining. According to boxofficemojo.com 'Resident Evil: Extinction' made $9.5 million on Friday. RE 1 made $17.7 million its first weekend and $40.1 million overall US boxoffice. RE 2 made $23 million its first weekend and $51.2 million overall US boxoffice. Both of the first two movies made over $100 million worldwide. My guess is that RE 3 will probably take in between $20 and $25 million its first weekend.

xman25

Edsplosive
Smoke Some

Member 24171

Level 6.69

Feb 2007

Old Sep 22, 2007, 05:42 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2007, 12:42 PM #73 of 93
I don't see why the touch of subtlety couldn't be added in any of the RE films like there was during the first half of Silent Hill. The difference is you found it entertaining; I really didn't.

How ya doing, buddy?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:43 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 01:43 PM #74 of 93
I enjoyed the first two RE films. Enough that when they showed up on cable I watched them again and enjoyed them once more. There were some original ideas there, and somes ties to the games (I've only played RE:4 and RE1:Remake-partially) but I know a bit about the lore behind the series. I didn't see any link between the movie RE 3 and any of the games, except for the names of some of the characters and the setting. Since I've played few RE games this didn't bother me.

However, what did bother me was that a movie called "extinction" was less "massive" than the RE 2 film. I mean, this RE 3 film was all close-quarters fighting. I wanted to see armies of zombies getting nuked. I wanted to see the entire U.S. Army battling it out with hundreds of thousands of undead (if only in a short montage of news footage or something, at least it would have been ultra-cool). No, instead what we get is the SOS, hand-to-hand close-quarters zombie fighting with people doing stupid things to get bit/infected and then turning on their friends, just like every other lame zombie film ever made. RE 3 adds absolutely nothing new to the genre, doesn't work as a game-related film because it's not game-related, and is a poor effort on all fronts. Like Edplosive mentioned, there isn't even any T&A in the film. Lame, and not worth watching even for free. No need for spoiler tags with this one because you've already seen everything that happens in the film in other zombie films, except that those other films have probably done it better...

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:54 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2007, 01:54 PM #75 of 93
I personally enjoyed it, as it was easily better than Apocalypse. Just go in with no expectations whatsoever, and enjoy all the references they nabbed off other movies.

I would've liked some more time for Carlos, Claire & the gang to develop their characters, but that's just nitpicking imo considering it's a video game movie.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Resident Evil Movie Series.