Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 05:57 PM #26 of 99
Well, I forgot the signs for spoilers. What were they again? [Spoilers][/Spoilers]?

How ya doing, buddy?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 05:59 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 04:59 PM #27 of 99
Originally Posted by soniclover
Well, I forgot the signs for spoilers. What were they again? [Spoilers][/Spoilers]?
remove the "s"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 06:03 PM #28 of 99
Okay

Tenchi in Tokyo. The ending actually ruined my love of the show.

Spoiler:
After all of these battles...eventually at the end. It was leading up the the final battle. Tenchi did the whole "summon up courage" thing and was running to beat the final villain while slashing everything in his way. He finally got to her and said "why don't you come live with us". Then the villain girl cried and it flashes to everyone being happy....That was the most anti-climatic ending I have ever seen in an Anime.

Now whenever I think of the Tenchi Muyo Series, I always think of that horrid ending in Tenchi in Tokyo. It actually destroyed the chance the anime had of being memorable in my heart.

I watched all of those episodes just for that?!?! I'm glad the Tenchi in Tokyo series was short.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 02:18 AM #29 of 99
You can also use [spoil] for quicker typing.

Be sure to read:
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/mi...o=bbcode#spoil

I was speaking idiomatically.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 05:20 PM #30 of 99
I watched all of those episodes just for that?!?! I'm glad the Tenchi in Tokyo series was short.
You consider 26 episodes short? That's nearly thirteen hours of your life wasted!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:44 PM #31 of 99
Originally Posted by Kaiten
Easy (in Naruto):
Spoiler:
The whole damn filler arc(s) in Naruto. Frankly I'm surprised the series has enough viewers to have this crap continue. I only feel sorry for viewers of the English Naruto, who have not a damn clue what they're in store for in a few years...

You should already know

Spoiler:
For the real fans of naruto its a huge disappointed . But to the kids who watch it, It isn't. It's basically... NARUTO >.>;;

FELIPE NO
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 06:51 PM #32 of 99
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
You consider 26 episodes short? That's nearly thirteen hours of your life wasted!
Was it 26 episodes? I thought is was like 12.

But anyways, Think of how much longer it could have been though. It was short for an anime series. I would have really been pissed off if I watched something like Naruto for some seasons and then had a crappy ending like that. It could always be worse...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 08:44 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 06:44 PM #33 of 99
Originally Posted by aku
The entire Wolf's Rain OVA part...yeah, they needed more to the store, but that was uncalled for!
Wolf's Rain Spoiler:
there is NO NEED to kill off every single main charater from the show, NO NEED, ever...esspecialy to have a basic rebirth of the planet, and have all the wolves that you have seen every episode be the only ones there...Chez, Hubb, Quient? what happened to them, because Cheza is there, and she by no means is a wolf. That still doesnt change that fact that i love the show though...
Yeah...
Spoiler:
I kind of wondered what happened to Cher, Hubb, Quent and Blue in the end. But if you think about it....Cher, Hubb, and Quent probaly became Wolves. Since the whole "The human race was born from wolves, or so says the book of the moon" thing kept repeating through out the series. So who's to say that the reverse can't happen for wolves? I mean we know that Kiba, Hige, Tsume and Toboe were reincarnated as humans in the end (and Cheza returned back to being a flower) so who's to say Cher, Hubb, and Quent couldn't be wolves?

But Blue on the other hand is a compleate mistery. Where the heck did she go, did she stay a dog, turned full wolf, or as everone keeps saying the cat that Toboe picked up?

I mean the opening is a good key in deciphering the ending of the series to a point. I mean it still shows them in the clothes they were in during the series...

I mean think about it, Cheza's clearly a reflection (you can see through her in the window) Kiba running through the puddle, pan of Kiba's eyes, Kiba (?) standing on the buliding, and Kiba howling could just be him holding on to his past life and in a sence he became a noble. And the wolves fighting could be Quent and some other human (Hubb maybe) that got turned into a wolf. The black wolf could be Blue. So it is very well posable that the opening takes place after the series ended.

Or I'm just reading too much into it....

Anyway back on topic.....I like s-CRY-ed but the ending was a little forced.

s-CRY-ed spoilers:
I mean once Kyoji Mujo came into the picture everything just went down hill. I mean the alter-body armor, plot holes galore, killing off Ryuhou's father, Cougar, and Sherice, the whole idea that Kazuma and Ryuhou keep fighting to the ends of the earth, the list goes on.

I can't bring myself to watch the ending again....I mean I really should, maybe it will clear some stuff up....but still...the ending didn't live up to the first part of the series sad to say.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Outlaw; Apr 20, 2006 at 08:46 PM.
werepandamike
Chocohobo

Member 4106

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:52 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 12:52 AM #34 of 99
Big O. Seriously. There's all this buildup, and then the final episode makes absolutely no sense and gives you random crap. The only cool thing about it is the gigantic cannon weapon.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 09:35 AM #35 of 99
Magical Teacher Negima, the whole series sort of treads water the whole way, and then BAM!
Spoiler:
Asuna just dies with no warning out of nowhere. I was told this doesn't happen in the manga, but what the hell?

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 07:37 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 07:37 PM #36 of 99
Clearly Eva's ending. Won't go there.

And then the Rurouni Kenshin manga, not the ending obviously. I loved the Kenshin manga ending (I never watched the anime) but the time when

Spoiler:
Kaoru was "dead" or killed by Enishi, seriously, WTF moment for me. And reading those chapters when Kenshin went into that slum in sheer depression almost made me literally drop the manga cold turkey. It just wasn't in his character. I felt so bad for him.

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:46 PM #37 of 99
FMA was ruiend for me:

Spoiler:
The series kinda went down hill after Greed died in my opinon but picked back up in the last 5 or so eps...only to be let down by the ending. Al should have stayed dead, his sacrifice for Ed was strong but completely ruined when Ed was all "ZOMG I CAN JUST GO SAVE MY BROTHER AGAIN!" Al should have sayed dead, allowing Ed to realize how some his ideals were foolish etc.

The movie:
Spoiler:
the movie was fucking RIDICULOUS! Wrath in his dragon form in the real world? using it as a gate? killing off Ed and Als father quickly, random gypsy girl that really didnt do anything for the movie and then the whole fucking ridiculous spaceship going into the other world part. Ugh it was terrible and way over the top. The thing that pissed me off the most though was at the very end..Ed chooses a world without alchemy etc over wendy and alchemy..then Al, follows him. Complete disappointment.

Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:24 PM #38 of 99
The only one I could think of is:

Trigun:
When Nicholas Wolfwood died. It sucked because I was beginning to like him better than Vash. The way the series went, it seemed like Wolfwood would be there until the end. Too bad he never made it.

Another one was:

Wolf's Rain:
After all that effort and the deaths of all the wolves except Kiba, I thought that maybe Kiba would end up in this nice place or at least something like the scenes with hills and flowers they kept showing. No, he ended up back in that town where he first started. That was confusing.

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 11:12 AM #39 of 99
Death note

Spoiler:

108 chapters and Raito was dead that pathetically!? A man that was trying become god??

I dont even bother to continue my reading. The title should be changed into Lame Note.

Card Captor Sakura, the lamest plot (in third season) ever
Spoiler:
Main reason Eriol attacking sakura is solely because the purpose to convert the card, which means he's a good person. Couldn't Clamp make a better plot than that?

How ya doing, buddy?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Sharaz Jek
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10557

Level 3.31

Aug 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 05:25 AM #40 of 99
I second Big O. Actually, I thought the last episode was fine until the final couple minutes or so. By trying to be clever, they just ended up making everything so far seem silly and inconsequential.

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:11 AM #41 of 99
Originally Posted by Sharaz Jek
I second Big O. Actually, I thought the last episode was fine until the final couple minutes or so. By trying to be clever, they just ended up making everything so far seem silly and inconsequential.
Yeah, with Big O, they never really solved the mystery of the city and why everyone had amnesia, they just threw together a whole bunch of different theories (stolen from other sci-fi and anime) and left it very vague. This is because it was supposed to have a third season:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_O#Uncertain_ending

If the third season had explained the ending of the second season and finally completed the series, Big O could have been up there in my top 5 animes ever.

Even so, it was still a great series to watch. Incredible battles, music, and voice acting.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Sep 2, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:22 AM #42 of 99
With all this talk about Mai-HiME, I thought it was a fun show until the ending, which disappointed me It's still good though, but the ending could've been way better.

I was expecting a...
Spoiler:

big clash at the end with all the HiME's going up against the bad guy, but I don't get that at all. I don't think it explained how everyone got resurrected though. Maybe it would have been better if they all stayed dead or whatever the hell they went to.

I didn't mind the Wolf's Rain OVA that much. It's set up that way so you can make up your own theories about what happened.

TheFrenchLlama
'Pictures of Tohno-kun's sleeping face!'

Member 3851

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 11:12 PM #43 of 99
Martian Successor Nadesico. No spoiler tags needed here: there is literally no ending. I swear the writers were playing a sick joke... and the movie, where one hopes questions will be resolved, does nothing but leave more questions unanswered.

That show, by far, had one of the worst endings I've ever seen. The show was entertaining until that piece of garbage aired. >_<

Logan
The Universe's Most Wanted

Member 10849

Level 4.85

Aug 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:45 AM #44 of 99
Oh do I have many to mention...

1) Mahoromatic

Spoiler:
Come on. Mahoro dies pointlessly, then suddenly comes back after 30 years or so. It's as if the writers tried to turn this romantic comedy into an action tragedy. Too bad it failed horribly in the end.

2) Evangelion

Spoiler:
Its funny how a light-hearted action mech show can somehow plummet into an emo-filled tragedy where everyone dies to an army of Rei clones that melt you by touching you. And do I need to point out the sheer stupidity of "Bigger than earth itself goddess Rei?" And of course Shinji and the loudmouth are the only ones to survive, only to show Shinji strangling her. More nonsense and confusion, and the anime is over. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that this ending was rubbish. I heard the only reason the alternate ending was made was because fans sent death threats to the creator.

3) Tenchi In Tokyo

Spoiler:
I love tenchi. A lot. One of my favorite series, but the tokyo storyline was TERRIBLE!!! Not only did the entire anime focus on Tenchi and Sakuya, but the animation itself was far too cartoonish for tenchi. Anyone else here really HATE sakuya? I sure did. And also the writers found it smart to make Tenchi a complete asshole. Here we have the kind-hearted Tenchi completely blowing off everyone he knows and cares about all because of Sakuya.

When everyone left, he didn't care! He said "oh well, I guess it was time for them to leave. OH I have another date with Sakuya lolz! Bye Ayeka!" And finally, after making Tenchi such a whiney jackass for the entire series, it looks like he gets back into badass mode when he pulls out that sword. And when he goes to fight the final battle, what does he do? he DROPS the sword, SLAPS the brat, then says "hey! come live with us! Yay! We'll all be happy happy happy!" Then the series ends. Yeah. Way to go.

4) Tenchi Muyo OVA3

Spoiler:
And here I thought "In Tokyo" was a disaster. OVA3 is a 6 episode long series that continues where the other OVAs left off. The only problem is the major change in...well...everything. First off, the music score is completely different, but worse. Second, they decided to have Tenchi's mother be named Kiyone rather than Achika, which we've all come to get used to already.

Then, we have a massive wave of GXP characters coming out of nowhere, overflowing the Tenchi cast list far too much. Then, we have the supposed villain Lady Tokimi actually a goddess...and a good guy. Then we have Z, who comes out of nowhere, and is apparently powerful enough to blow up a planet alone quite easilly. OH! And on that matter, there's 6 episodes. 5 episodes are character development.

The 6th episode is the final battle with Z, who never really got near tenchi before hand. ALSO, the episode starts right in the middle of the fight! When I first saw it, I thought I accidently skipped an episode! Nope! It actually starts that way. After plot holes and crappy characters galore, the episode reaches its end. And guess what, everyone's memories are erased of all those events. In short, there was absolutely no point in watching any of it in the end.

Funny how they ignored most of what made OVA1 and 2 great. Whatever happened to the King of Jurai? He threatened Tenchi at the end of OVA2 remember? Now, he no longer matters. AND WHERE THE FUCK IS KAGATO?! I refuse to believe he's dead! Bring him back already! >.<

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:58 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 09:58 AM #45 of 99
Rockman.exe (2nd Seasion onwards)
Fuckin' Cross Fusion turned an enjoyable series into a pain in the arse power rangers clone and then didn't bother to give is a Roll/Meiru crossfusion untill 3rd Seasion and even then it was a Roll/Meiru/Rush crossfusion. BLEH.

All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:24 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 08:24 AM #46 of 99
Originally Posted by TheFrenchLlama
That show, by far, had one of the worst endings I've ever seen. The show was entertaining until that piece of garbage aired. >_<
I remember the last few lines... It was something along the lines of "There are lots of unanswered questions, we know. BUT THAT'S OKAY :'D"

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:13 AM #47 of 99
Originally Posted by Lukage
Experience......RUINED!
Watch the whole thing anyway D: Outlaw Star is a fantastic series, and many of the individual episodes are worth watching on their own.

Spoiler:
CATS, GIRLS, AND SPACESHIPS T___T I almost cried

As far as endings go I agree with the Mahoromatic "wtf" ending. I also felt that World of Narue's ending was kinda rushed.

FELIPE NO
Zukan
Carob Nut

Member 1321

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:03 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 09:03 PM #48 of 99
Shinji + First few min of "The End of Evangelion"

YES you know what scene I'm talking about! It was more disturbing than the rest of the movie O_O

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chankoro?
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 10:14 AM #49 of 99
I used to be a HUGE fan of tenchi...

Then the Tokyo series aired. That entire series was pretty much one ginormous "what the fuck?" for me. =\

Big O would be the next anime that pretty much left me kind of "meh" followed by (and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this) Dragonball GT.

Everything about this spinoff is just off.

I used to be a big fan of Z and as I got older and noticed "OK, all they do is grunt and scream" my interest waned - specifically around the Buu saga. But I watched it till the end and ultimately was somewhat satisfied. It had run its course pretty well. GT however was abysmal and it is only select episodes of the show that I can actually tolerate. Most of it is gaping plotholes, random filler, an obnoxious over reliance on Pan (who many have deemed the japanese version of Scrappy Doo) and an enormous over reliance on Goku. In the original Dragonball this was OK because Goku was pretty charming and thats what made it work so well. In Z part of the fun was the large plethora of characters and how they interacted with one another via the large and consuming backstory (when they weren't grunting and screaming and randomly flexing muscles). In GT - it was pretty much "lets turn Goku into a kid for umpteen episodes and fly him around outer space with a watered down Trunks halfcocked and giving him a spunky girl sidekick who beats up on him even though he's her grandfather".

Yeeeaaahh... -__-

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Dubble; Sep 5, 2006 at 11:17 AM.
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 09:48 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 12:48 PM #50 of 99
Originally Posted by Logan
4) Tenchi Muyo OVA3

Spoiler:
And here I thought "In Tokyo" was a disaster. OVA3 is a 6 episode long series that continues where the other OVAs left off. The only problem is the major change in...well...everything. First off, the music score is completely different, but worse. Second, they decided to have Tenchi's mother be named Kiyone rather than Achika, which we've all come to get used to already.
About Tenchi's mother: Tenchi Muyo! was created by Kajishima Masaki - he was the primary designer of the characters and the concept for the Tenchi OAV series, including the novels, various doujinshi, and GXP TV series. He was NOT involved in Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo, the 3 movies, Pretty Sammy, and pretty much anything else. In other words, these are NOT cannon material to the Tenchi OVA and GXP. Just spin offs set in their own universe. Therefore Tenchi has different mothers in Tenchi Muyo! in Love and the OVA. Different names, different mothers.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Then, we have a massive wave of GXP characters coming out of nowhere, overflowing the Tenchi cast list far too much. Then, we have the supposed villain Lady Tokimi actually a goddess...and a good guy. Then we have Z, who comes out of nowhere, and is apparently powerful enough to blow up a planet alone quite easilly. OH! And on that matter, there's 6 episodes. 5 episodes are character development.
Spoiler:
I think it was intended to watch GXP before OVA3. As for Z, he was featured in OVA2, at the end, although a short appearance.

As for the overflowing of the cast, and everthing happening quickly in OVA3 - I agree. This is what I think happened - but I could be wrong. The OVA3 was intended to 13 episodes, but was cut to 6, plus a special, so everything had to be jammed in 6 episodes, or cut out.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Funny how they ignored most of what made OVA1 and 2 great. Whatever happened to the King of Jurai? He threatened Tenchi at the end of OVA2 remember? Now, he no longer matters. AND WHERE THE FUCK IS KAGATO?! I refuse to believe he's dead! Bring him back already! >.<
Spoiler:
I've always wondered about the King of Jurai. I think he will be featured in OVA4 if that ever happens. Kajishima Masaki has said he would like to do another OVA series in the future, and said that it would be about their daily life. That is what made OVA1&2 so good.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > "Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime