Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your best kept Christmas Gift

Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jan 8, 2012, 04:00 PM #1 of 10
Your best kept Christmas Gift

... or 'holiday' gift, if you assholes need to be all Politically Correct about this stuff! <3

Anyways, I was thinking the other day, as I put my laptop into its light blue, stretchy-material case, that I've had said laptop case for a while. It was given to me by my good friend Sprout as a Christmas gift shortly after I had bought my new laptop about five years ago. In fact, its probably the oldest Christmas gift that I still have and still use.

So what's the oldest 'holiday' gift you guys still have? A stuffed animal from a grandparent when you were 5? A gameboy from 'santa' when you were 11? Or that lovely sweater you were just given a few weeks ago?

I realized shortly after thinking about my laptop case that, while its probably the oldest gift I still use, its not the oldest I still have. I DO still have my Furby from a Christmas oh-so-many years ago. As far as I know it no longer works, but I'll be damned if I actually try and wake it up again.

...Creeper.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Temari; Jan 8, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2012, 04:04 PM #2 of 10
When I read the thread title, I thought you meant the gift that was hardest to keep secret. In that case, I'd have nominated the chinchilla my parents successfully concealed in their room for three months but the poor thing only lived three years.

The oldest Xmas gift that's still floating around is definitely the Lego pirate ships from 1990 or 1991. The boat hulls are currently in use by my nephew and are sturdy enough to last unto seven generations, even if the sails and rigging were pretty much lost within an hour and a half of S-hour.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2012, 04:41 PM #3 of 10
A brown teddy bear for my 8th birthday from my mom when she was in the hospital. I didn't go or get it from her, but I know now that it was my grandma that bought it and let me think it was from mom.

I know it doesn't qualify a xmas gift but hey, my birthday was just a few days ago.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:22 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2012, 02:22 PM #4 of 10
Hm, this is hard considering that I didn't get that many Christmas presents past the age of eleven.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mercury Blue
Here kitty kitty...

Member 595

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:53 PM Local time: Jan 16, 2012, 06:53 PM #5 of 10
I think the oldest one I still have is a child's rocking chair my parents got me when I was a toddler. It's now in my sister's room with a new sitter, their stuffed teddy bears.

Most amazing jew boots
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:28 PM #6 of 10
Oldest that I still have: some manner of Transformers. I was big on them as a kid, and now that I finally have room to display them, I got my entire set from my dad and put them in several glass case in my bedroom (and have been adding to the collection). The thing is, there are only a few that I can tell you when I got them, and none specific to Christmas.

Oldest that I remember specifically: My NES. I got that when I was twelve or thirteen, and it took me completely by surprise that year. Probably one of my favorite Christmas presents ever.

I specifically remember getting several big Lego sets and Hot Wheels tracks for Christmas, and the Legos are still in the family, just not here at my apartment.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:59 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2012, 07:59 AM #7 of 10
Either my NES which is packed away in a box, or the Gizmo (Gremlins) toy I got when I was a kid. I don't actually have Gizmo anymore, he's been handed down to my nephew, but he's in good shape and still makes noise.

FELIPE NO
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:22 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2012, 01:22 PM #8 of 10
I still have a wooden sword my dad made for me when I was six, which was twenty six years ago now.

Most amazing jew boots
Talec
Dandelion Cysts

Member 802

Level 26.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2012, 09:06 PM #9 of 10
Jazz Jackrabbit 2. My dad even set it up like in A Christmas Story

Also a little battery-op radio from my grandma. It still gets pulled out whenever the power goes out.

Oddly they're both from the same Christmas (1998).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2012, 07:18 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2012, 05:18 PM #10 of 10
My dad gave me a used-but-in-almost-new-condition Kodak Brownie Fiesta when I was 8 and we were living in Mexico. It's still there since I never brought it back when we left in 1988. The last time I went to the motherland, I found it in the same box I left it in, still in pristine condition.

I only ever shot maybe 3 or 4 rolls of film on it since my dad was always real anal about me taking it out of the house or I would ruin it. Some of our only remaining childhood pictures we have from when I was a kid were shot with that camera. In retrospect, it's probably the best advice he ever gave me about my toys, since I wrecked pretty much everything else I had when I was a kid.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Your best kept Christmas Gift