Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tattoos where do you stand?

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 03:28 PM #51 of 96
Well, yes. I am a white Amurken. But where people's people come from tends to explain more about ethnicity than simply saying where your parents were born.

On that end, both of them are small town Western Pennsylvanian, and I'm an army brat so I'm not from anywhere.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:54 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 09:54 AM 1 1 #52 of 96
Heh, I think another reason for the difference is that perhaps despite of the cultural diversity here but more likely because of it, people will go out of their way not to appear to be an outsider so going around telling everyone you're Irish at a school in the south east of England would just get you picked on, especially Irish what with them all being child murdering terrorist fucks and all.

And it's easy to forget how stupidly huge your country is at times. Compared to the US, Europe is a collection of state-sized nations, all wildly different and all with a long histroy of fighting each other so tribal mentality is always going to come to the forefront. Like I said, I don't think you're wrong to identify yourselves in terms of your ancestors, it's just a bit weird hearing what to us looks like a white, American guy banging on about how he's Italian or Irish or whatever, given that he quite clearly isn't and is in fact just another American in our eyes.

That and being proud of being Irish is the most wrong thing ever.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:22 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 05:22 PM #53 of 96
I've wanted a tattoo for a long while now but I'm still not sure what I want done. Naturally this means I probably won't get one for at least a few more years. The ones I've wanted done I always thought would be best across my shoulders, but that might change, depending on my final decision.

So yeah, I've got no qualms with tattoos. Even more common themes can be alright if they've got a bit of original flair to them. For instance one of my mates has a tribal band around the top of his arm, but since he designed it himself rather than just picking it off a wall in a tattoo parlour, I quite like it. Some do really make me wonder what the fuck the person was thinking, but again, their body etc. One girl I know has a pair of strawberries on her ankle, because speaking in terms of teh mighty internetz she is referred to as Strawberry Yoghurt. She may as well have gotten a Muller Corner tattoo because that's how ridiculous I think that makes her.

A question which I really should know the answer to: is it possible to tattoo over scars?

Most amazing jew boots
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 01:27 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 01:27 PM #54 of 96
Scars shouldn't stop a tattoo from taking to the best of my knowledge. Skins skin as far as that goes but it may hurt more or less than regular skin.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Aug 19, 2009, 01:29 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 07:29 PM #55 of 96
A good tattoo artist should know what he will and wont work on, or what looks best or whatever. I'd say the best advice I can give you is find a good place and start asking questions.

FELIPE NO
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:00 PM #56 of 96
As far as I know, tattooing over scars [to essentially hide them] is fairly common. I've seen a few done by the artist that did my tattoo, but I'm not sure if all artists will do it. Again, probably just best to ask around.

How ya doing, buddy?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:12 PM #57 of 96
Like I said, I don't think you're wrong to identify yourselves in terms of your ancestors, it's just a bit weird hearing what to us looks like a white, American guy banging on about how he's Italian or Irish or whatever, given that he quite clearly isn't and is in fact just another American in our eyes.
But white Italians don't look "just white" to me. It's as different from other varieties of white as Japanese are from the other varieties of azn.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:18 AM 1 #58 of 96
Actually board activity?!?! WHAT?!

I don't mind if other people have tattoos but I wouldn't get one for myself. Tattoos are a very big deal in Asian culture because only the mafia get them, but thats not really the reason. It just seems like a waste of money and I don't think any design I would get today would be as significant later in life.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:44 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 12:44 PM #59 of 96
But white Italians don't look "just white" to me. It's as different from other varieties of white as Japanese are from the other varieties of azn.
But you if you reckon you can tell the difference between an Italian, a Spaniard, a Portugese, a guy from the south of France, a Greek, a Magyar, Turk or perhaps even Morrocan, you're lying or deluding yourself.

And no matter how Italian a guy looks, as soon as he opens his mouth and you hear that American accent, chances are he's an American. No amount of using the word Mamma and eating pasta can hide that.

A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:48 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 08:48 AM #60 of 96
I don't know I can fairly regularly tell the difference between an Italian a Spaniard and a Greek. The rest not so much plus give a family a few years of marrying with the large mix that's common around here and the waters do get muddied more than a bit. Eventually it does just turn into generic swarthy guy.

A lot of this seems to come down to terminology when you claim an ancestry it tends to really mean I'm an American + this other random cultural influence. With the I'm American bit just being assumed generally as they're used to talking to others using the same framework. It's partially the fact that just being American can be really nebulous in what it means seeing as there's variance from region to region and then even within that from state to state.

Even state isn't all that helpful at times seeing as we have quite a few states bigger than a lot of countries. So we at times dice it down smaller and smaller until you get to my people came from whatever place. Plus in some area's large groups from that one other country were forced to live together in tight enough quarters for long enough to to force them to have their own subculture. Not that a Italian American is going to be much like a real Italian most likely but they're still different enough from the standard here to need a sub identifier.

Not that it matters much outside the U.S. and claiming it at someone in Europe probably isn't helpful in the least but you know people get used to their cultural identifiers and don't think too much about it before speaking.

Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:14 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 09:14 PM #61 of 96
I probably would never have a tattoo since I have a dozen other better uses for the money to afford such luxury and I'm not keen on having any permanent markings on my body. However, if I were to choose anything, I'd have this on my back (I assume somewhere between my shoulder blades so it can be appropriately hidden for most occasions).

It's my family crest(?), so I assume it would have sufficient enough meaning.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:20 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 09:20 PM 1 #62 of 96
Do what my sister did and get me drunk enough to pay for it.

Awndra
!kraW

Member 19039

Level 2.25

Jan 2007

Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:58 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 10:58 PM 1 #63 of 96
American guy banging on about how he's Italian or Irish or whatever
We use Italian as an excuse to be temperamental, and we use Irish as an excuse to drink a lot, or to proclaim magical healing powers from Guinness.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:20 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 11:20 AM 1 #64 of 96
Yeah family crest would be one of the few things I know I wouldn't really regret later in life. Might take a while though.

Wow, that's a pretty sycophantic coat of arms. Castles generally mean solidarity and feathers obedience. The chevron in the middle can also be awarded for faithful service. If that's a genuine coat of arms handed out by the College of Arms, one of your ancestors quite possibly spent a lot of time on his knees. Also, the helmet is the wrong colour, gold helmets are only for royalty but then it'd be facing forward with the visor open. A sideways helmet with the visor shut denotes an esquire, rather than any sort of nobility and should be steel. The white bits of the mantling should be blue too as the mantling should be in the same metal and colour as the body of the arms, in this case gold and blue. You're also missing a wreath around the top of the helmet.

I'm not trying to diss your family crest here, I just think it'd be worth getting it right (Assuming it's a proper College of Arms piece and not just something someone made up once) if you ever seriously thought about getting it permanently etched into your skin.

I'm quite a heraldry nerd, that's what comes from growing up in a town with a Norman castle, surrounded by other towns with Norman castles.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:20 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 10:20 PM 8 #65 of 96

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:52 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:52 PM 2 #66 of 96
Shit makes an excellent Tramp Stamp.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:14 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:14 PM #67 of 96
Ha ha ha, I'll pay £20 if someone has this done.

Gift of Game
Dank

Member 34302

Level 3.20

Aug 2009

Old Aug 22, 2009, 12:32 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 02:32 PM #68 of 96
I'm down with tattoos. I'm sleeved and I don't regret it yet. On the other hand, I've closed my piercings. I first lost interest in my septum ring (started wearing it invisibly 2 years ago) and the rest followed. I carry myself upright and have never had trouble in society, even with dreadlocks. By coincidence, I cut them off today. I walk that blurry line where 'nerd' meets 'hip.' Non-thuggish, artistic presentation. I have a kid on the way so I'm settling down.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2009, 07:08 AM 1 #69 of 96
Ha ha ha, I'll pay £20 if someone has this done.
Better still is if we get it made as a removeable tattoo and hand them out to GFF board members.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2009, 05:49 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2009, 11:49 AM #70 of 96
I am actually quite tempted to find a henna tattooist and get it done.

olla86
Wark!

Member 34421

Level 1.02

Sep 2009

Old Sep 9, 2009, 04:23 AM #71 of 96
I am not a fan of tatoo but sometimes it is great! It depends on the masters' skills.

FELIPE NO
These animated gifs are the best!
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2009, 07:50 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2009, 05:50 AM #72 of 96
There are some very impressive tattoos that I have seen recently. Although personally I'll never go through with something like that.

On occasions some of my friends or acquaintances will ask me to create/draw images that will be use as the basis for a tattoo. I was never really comfortable with something like that. Something about the permanent-ness (?) of the body modification that bothers me.

What if you decided that you dislike the design later on? What happened if because either aging or body proportion changes that tattoo turn into something ass ugly? Am I going to get my ass kicked because of that? O.O;;

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Sparkles McGlitterbottom
Faggot

Member 34407

Level 3.41

Sep 2009

Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:33 PM 1 1 #73 of 96
I got 9. Cuz real men have alot of tatts. i don't gotta worry about saggin' either cuz I'm tight, toned and the bitches love it dude.

FABULOUS
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:28 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2009, 11:28 PM #74 of 96
On an unrelated note, I miss Confederate Rebel.

YEEEHAW TOBY KEITH!

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2009, 03:09 AM #75 of 96
Other than the fact that they'll look like shit later?
Not all tattoos.. If you take good care of them and have them touched up when they need to be touched up along with the fact that the person takes care of their body. The tattoo won't look like shit. ya know?

I personal have 5. 2 on each arm and 1 in the back of the neck.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Tattoos where do you stand?