Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What are you afraid of that you shouldn't be?

SonicEchidna
Victory is mine!

Member 93

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 07:49 PM #26 of 63
I'm scared of actually opening my mouth in front of people that I don't know very well. It happens a lot at college. When I'm picked on to answer a question or asked to give an opinion on something, I can't do it. I'll freeze up and look like an idiot.

This also could be due to the fact that I am really shy when it comes to public speaking and whatnot.

Most amazing jew boots
"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch."
- Stewie Griffin
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:56 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 01:56 PM #27 of 63
Originally Posted by Minion
Sure is! How's being a tedious queer working out for you?

Wouldn't know. I have a wonderful, beautiful human female girlfriend to go home to. However, I do reconize your attempt at a second grade put down. Well don't worry, practice makes perfect.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:02 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 04:02 PM #28 of 63
I'm ridiculously afraid of spiderwebs and cobwebs. They're even scarier than spiders themselves, actually. There was one time when I completely freaked out after seeing a giagantic spiderweb in our basement over one of the shelves near the laundry machine. Well, that spiderweb was shaped like a cocoon, although it wasnt tightly packed or anything. It was just huge. I ended up dashing up the stairs as fast as I could, screaming at the top of my lungs.

I even cringe whenever I see people brushing cobwebs off things in movies.

Another strange fear of mine is eating in front of strangers. I don't know why really, but I eat much slower and much less. I'm very self-conscious when doing so.

I'm also scared of asking for directions. (So much for the "asking for directions" stereotype) I'd rather spend half an hour getting myself back on track, as long as I'm not running late for anything.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by elwe; Mar 31, 2006 at 04:04 PM.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:16 PM #29 of 63
Watch this be deleted and myself subsequently banned from the thread

Originally Posted by Minion
Sure is! How's being a tedious queer working out for you?

As for the topic question...

How can you be afraid of something that you shouldn't be afraid of? There has to be a reason you're afraid of it. If you think about it in this way, anything that you are afraid of has reasoning behind it.
Take for example being afraid of bugs. If your fear of insects is derived from your disgust of their looks and the "creepy-crawly feeling" you get from them, why shouldn't that disgust trickle down into fear? It's just natural, after all, to fear what you don't understand and to not want to understand what you fear. I suppose it's human nature, really.

On the flip side, if you look at a fear and write it off as "being scared of something you don't understand," couldn't you say that almost everything you fear is something that you shouldn't? I mean to say, with the exception of fearing pain, death (and that's debatable depending on your beliefs and all that), and peril, what is there to fear?

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:30 PM #30 of 63
Silly Matt. Pulling a kettle-black play on Minion and then preceding to make a post which is ALSO tedious and queer, well, there are so many levels here and I just don't have the energy to dig through it. Furthermore, if you really must engage in an utterly boring vendetta with someone, try to pick somebody without any authority. I might be a good choice, for example. Anyway, if you could stop being such a little faggot, that would be great for everyone. Thanks!

-Mgt

Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
second grade put down
They're called insults, honey. Now, just because you can't let go of the second grade is no reason to hang on to the vernacular! I know it's hard to forget the horrible things that happened in that classroom, but you have to be strong. Mr. Vanderbier died 4 years ago. He can't hurt you anymore, and neither can the bigger boys who made fun of the way your mother dressed you. You're a grown-up now, and you need to be proud of that!

Anyway, uh, on topic, I operate under a continual paranoia that people around me will just drop dead at the most inconvenient times. I'm not sure if this counts as a "fear" exactly; after all, it's not like I'd actually be harmed. It does cause the same behavior patterns in me that fear does, so I think it can reasonably be bundled in.

Dogs, too. Really paranoid around strange dogs.

Most amazing jew boots
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:34 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 02:34 PM #31 of 63
Originally Posted by Manis Tricuspis
They're called insults, honey. Now, just because you can't let go of the second grade is no reason to hang on to the vernacular! I know it's hard to forget the horrible things that happened in that classroom, but you have to be strong. Mr. Vanderbier died 4 years ago. He can't hurt you anymore, and neither can the bigger boys who made fun of the way your mother dressed you. You're a grown-up now, and you need to be proud of that!

Minion's comment was not even worthy the title of 'insult'.

FELIPE NO
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:37 PM #32 of 63
Yeah, that's probably why it would have been better for you not to respond to his provocation, eh? But you did, you went and bit right down on that hook. Hell of a shame. You can beat him, though! Bullies only pick on nice people like you because they hate themselves. Just think of ways to remind Minion what he hates about himself! Then he'll be ashamed and stop being such a bully and you'll both become straight-A students!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shadow Drax
Carob Nut

Member 285

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:46 PM #33 of 63
I guess the main thing I'm afraid of that I shouldn't really be is contact with my eye. Doesn't matter wether its me or someone else, I can't let anything get too close to my eyeball. Pity, as I'm stuck wearing glasses because of this! Before it was fear of the contact lens getting stuck behind my eye, but ever since I found out thats physically impossible, I've just moved to another excuse!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Harmonica
Pull the pin out.

Member 3486

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 04:42 PM #34 of 63
I'm terrified of heights. I was also once put in a hot air balloon. I intend to overcome this fear by parachuting some day, because I think the experience of freefall looks like it'd just be too relaxing to be scary. I also can't stand gore, like, guts and exposed mashed-up muscle that looks like ground beef. It's just... ugh. I don't like anything slimy. Snakes in general, even the harmless ones, are sort of tied into that fear, because they remind me of intestines.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tuco: God is on our side, he hates the Yankees.
Man With No Name: God is not on our side because he also hates idiots.

EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:45 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 11:45 AM #35 of 63
Rich friends' parents. With friends you can act any way you want to and I usually am myself, but when you meet their parents I'm always wondering, 'should I curtsy, kiss or shake their hand?' I usually stand dumbfounded--it hides my frear. I'm afraid of people featured in high society magazines.

I'm also afraid of paper cuts. it's the minor injuries that freak me out. I'd rather see myself with a bleeding leg than a thin slice of skin on my finger.

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:54 PM #36 of 63
I'm afraid of walking alone in the dark. Unless I'm really angry at someone or something.

Large spiders scare me.

How ya doing, buddy?

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Blanka
Syklis Green

Member 1209

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:04 AM #37 of 63
I have a fear of vomit, which I think is pretty weird. Also, I hate heights and anything to do with spiders and the like. *shudder*

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 08:21 PM #38 of 63
I don't like driving to a place I've never been to before. Even with printed directions, I prefer going with someone else. I'm generally afraid of the possibility of getting lost.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 01:15 AM #39 of 63
I'm TERRIFIED of mice/rats in the home. If they're caged or brought as pets, then it's fine, but I really hate the fuckers that are wild and are in your kitchen and leave droppings and..just....

UGH.

I guess it's coupled with the fact that I don't like seeing-fast-moving-objects-blur-in-the-edge-of-my-vision type of thing too. =/

I'm also not a fan of mosquitoes. I especially hate it when they buzz near your ear; I panic and constantly look around (even though I probably won't be able to see it...)

Oh, and a popsicle stick scraping on your teeth. I'm pretty sure there's nothing bad happening, but I can't stand the feel >_<;;

How ya doing, buddy?
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:41 PM #40 of 63
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
When I shut off all of the lights in the basement and start walking upstairs to my room at night I always get creeped out by the darkness of the bar. I end up sprinting up the stairs. It's weird though, because I'm otherwise not afraid of the dark.
I get the same feeling when I'm going up to my room I quickly turn off the light and haul ass up the stairs. No idea why, it may beacuse of the movie Darkness Falls ( I think thats what it was) where some thing grabs a guy while he was walking down the stairs in the dark.
Im also afraid of responcibility, decisions, unfamiliar people, and change. Perhaps this is why I don't have a job

McCloud
Currently hates his username.

Member 4413

Level 10.62

Apr 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:09 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:09 AM #41 of 63
Wolf spiders. I know they don't bite, but that doesn't quell my fear any. Yet I love daddy long-legs'.

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:32 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 02:32 AM #42 of 63
I am afraid of heights, but so is everyone.

If you want a fear that makes others think of you as a pussy, I have the best. I am deathly afraid of physical retribution from people. As you can imagine, this makes me a raging loser. It's not that I even have much to fear; I could easily hold my own in a brawl with quite a number of people. However, I tend to not be as... honest as I'd like in some instances, for fear out of being hit.

I don't know why. I should make a post about it in ANGST and get mocked for it. That might scare the fear out of me.

Emeralda
Duwa

Member 4428

Level 2.74

Apr 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:47 AM #43 of 63
I'm afraid of hasters. When I was little my sister had one and I carried it once and it bit me. I carried a different hamster after that and it also bit me, and for those of you that dont know, one bite from a hamster and its instantly rips the skin.
I carried them as gently as I could so maybe its just me. I just like to stay away from them now.

Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 06:07 PM #44 of 63
I used to be scared of dogs ever since I was attacked by one when I was fairly young (around 10). I'm also not keen on heights when i'm exposed to the outside and there's nothing to stop a gust of wind from blowing me to my doom. I'm slowly conquering that fear though just like I did with dogs. I'm sure there are others too, for example if I were to be confronted by certain creatures (bear, shark, metre-wide Amazonian spider etc).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DeadHorse++
zzzzz,,,,,

Member 4447

Level 9.10

Apr 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 01:53 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 10:53 AM #45 of 63
I'm afraid of relationships.

And...that's about as honest about myself as I'll get :biggrin:

Most amazing jew boots
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:08 PM #46 of 63
I'm afraid of spiderwebs, but I'm not afraid of spiders. I actually pick up spiders when I have the chance, they're very interesting creatures which hardly ever do harm to you unless you freak them out.

But spiderwebs.... *shudder*

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by splur; Apr 4, 2006 at 08:37 PM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 09:33 PM #47 of 63
I have a fear of people who string sentence fragments using nothing but "blah blah".

Also, I have this paranoia when I drive large vehicles where I feel like they're going to flip over. I like my cars with a low center of gravity and anything like a slightly lifted pickup truck and even my cousin's Jeep Wrangler feel like they're going to roll because they're top heavy. I know they're not going to, but it just feels like they're going to.

FELIPE NO
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 11:06 PM #48 of 63

This, the crane fly, scares the living piss out of me. Completely. If I see one, I'll scream and yell and cower, or avoid wherever it is. And it's completely irrational, because they eat mosquitos and other 'scary' insects and -- contrary to what it looks like -- do not suck blood.

And there's a name for it as well: Tipuliphobia. Which cracks me up, because Tipuli is a Nahual (Aztec) and Cherokee word for "vagina."

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:09 AM #49 of 63
This is going to sound really weird, but I'm afraid of random teens in groups. I keep thinking that they're whispering stuff about me that I can't hear, or whenever they laugh that it's at me. Issues huh? I hold the stereotype of "teens = no good punks"

Aidan
Ouch!

Member 2726

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:14 AM #50 of 63
Horror movies...I'm ok with stories or anecdotes, but the movies, even the crappy ones, just give me the chills. It's gotten to the point where either someone tells me exactly what's going to happen (and then I decide if I can watch), or I have to leave - I can't even stand listening to them.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > What are you afraid of that you shouldn't be?