Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Further Proof That Texans Are Some Trigger-Happy Crackers

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:06 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 03:06 PM #76 of 127
So wait a second, I'm a bit confused on this subject.

Since when was it all kosher to allow criminals to break in, steal, and get away with it? Granted, dying in the end is extreme no matter which way you cut it, but the simple fact remains that if no one would have done anything, they would have went on to do it again, and again. Petty theft isn't important in society anymore...fuck homicide isn't, it's all about DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS. At least where I live.

I don't support the man killing the two assholes that were stealing shit, but I'd rather see that happen as opposed to live in fear that my house would be targeted next, or my family's safety as well.

One thing is for sure though, ain't no body going to try and steal from that neighborhood again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wanzer Radio
Banned

Member 26571

Level 5.11

Nov 2007

Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:26 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 12:26 PM #77 of 127
Nobody. Certainly not me. I'm not about to get my brain splattered over an ipod. Not even a PS3. What good is shit if I can't use it or sell it. Amen.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:38 PM 2 #78 of 127
So wait a second, I'm a bit confused on this subject.

Since when was it all kosher to allow criminals to break in, steal, and get away with it? Granted, dying in the end is extreme no matter which way you cut it, but the simple fact remains that if no one would have done anything, they would have went on to do it again, and again. Petty theft isn't important in society anymore...fuck homicide isn't, it's all about DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS. At least where I live.
You're confused because you're not bothering to read. The police had been notified and were on their way. If you listened to the phone call and paid attention you'd see that barely a minute after Mr. Horn shot and killed the two victims he himself was laying face down on the ground, as ordered by the officers that had arrived on the scene.

There's nothing that suggests the two victims would have gotten away with robbery, nothing at all. It's just a straw man being held up by those who would have you believe the death of the two victims is somehow justifiable.

Most amazing jew boots
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:27 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 04:27 PM #79 of 127
There's nothing that suggests the two victims would have gotten away with robbery, nothing at all. It's just a straw man being held up by those who would have you believe the death of the two victims is somehow justifiable.
And there is nothing to suggest that the cops wouldn't have arrived on the scene thirty minutes after the hoodlums made out with all the belongings that they planned on taking.

And also LOL at the two robbers being victims...that's priceless. I can see it on the news, the widower would be like "HE WAS JUST TRYING TO STEAL A TV! WHY DID HE HAVE TO GET SHOT BECAUSE HE WAS PERFORMING A CRIME?!"

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:07 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 05:07 PM 4 #80 of 127
Whether or not the cops could have caught them is immaterial to the issue at hand. The fact is that they didn't represent a threat to the shooter's property or person. Therefore he was putting himself in danger, and can't claim a legitimate cause for use of deadly force.

He confronted them and initiated force. He came out with a loaded weapon and escalated the situation. The responsibility for the deaths of the robbers rest squarely on the shooter, and I don't see how that's not murder.

People don't get away with manslaughter and that's accidental. The shooter intentionally made things more dangerous for everybody. Absolving him of any wrongdoing is mind boggling.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jeffro
Chocobo

Member 6460

Level 9.79

May 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:28 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 05:28 PM 3 #81 of 127
"Ain't no property worth shooting somebody over, OK?"

Americas finest working for 911.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:35 PM #82 of 127
"Ain't no property worth shooting somebody over, OK?"
Your name and that sentence combined is worth a prop.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:28 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 01:28 AM 2 #83 of 127
You do not shoot at someone’s knees or legs. Not only is that stupid from a practicality standpoint (smaller target) it shows that you were not fearful for your life. Never point a weapon at another human being unless you are willing to end their life. No one who is afraid someone is going to kill them aims and shoots for the foot, knee, or leg? Stop suggesting that is what people should do.

If the ranges stated in the article are true you would see almost no pellet dispersion from a 12 gauge shotgun. You’d basically hit the target with a large wad of pellets still likely to be in their plastic case. You can not just shoot in the general direction of the assailant and expect to scatter shot his legs at that close of range. If you actually managed to him in the leg it would still possibly be a fatal wound from such a large wound.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice

Last edited by Gumby; Nov 28, 2007 at 06:33 PM.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:43 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 04:43 PM #84 of 127
You do not shoot at someone’s knees or legs. Not only is that stupid from a practicality standpoint (smaller target) it shows that you were not fearful for your life. Never point a weapon at another human being unless you are willing to end their life. No one who is afraid someone is going to kill them aims and shoots for the foot, knee, or leg? Stop suggesting that is what people should do.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this exactly what the police would have done in a situation similar to this one?

Most amazing jew boots
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:58 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 02:58 AM #85 of 127
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this exactly what the police would have done in a situation similar to this one?
No. I've never heard of police officers being taught to shoot at the legs. It is my understanding they are taught to shoot center mass like the rest of us.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 08:58 PM #86 of 127
No. I've never heard of police officers being taught to shoot at the legs. It is my understanding they are taught to shoot center mass like the rest of us.
So they are taught to shoot to kill, no matter the situation, indirectly by-passing the justice system. (Not that shooting at a "center mass" would necessary equate to a lethal shot. But you see where I am going.) ESPECIALLY in the case of a home burglary.

That's why tazers, stun guns, and bean bag guns exist. To kill.

What country do you live in, exactly.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Nov 28, 2007 at 09:00 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:20 PM #87 of 127
Well it makes sense though, Sass. Police officers - non-crooked ones anyway - are taught to only use their weapons if they or another person has their lives threatened. That's why they have tazers and pepper spray and police sticks, in case they gotta lay down some law without killing a man.

That's why I'm against this dude and other dudes practicing vigilante justice, because I trust in the legal system to punish people fairly and I trust in law enforcement's training and expertise to know when to blow the shit out of someone and when not to.

fuck you Grandpa Shoot'em'up.

FELIPE NO
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:20 PM #88 of 127
And there is nothing to suggest that the cops wouldn't have arrived on the scene thirty minutes after the hoodlums made out with all the belongings that they planned on taking.

And also LOL at the two robbers being victims...that's priceless. I can see it on the news, the widower would be like "HE WAS JUST TRYING TO STEAL A TV! WHY DID HE HAVE TO GET SHOT BECAUSE HE WAS PERFORMING A CRIME?!"
HEY DUMBASS, TRY READING
Originally Posted by One fucking post above.
You're confused because you're not bothering to read. The police had been notified and were on their way. If you listened to the phone call and paid attention you'd see that barely a minute after Mr. Horn shot and killed the two victims he himself was laying face down on the ground, as ordered by the officers that had arrived on the scene.

Most amazing jew boots
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:23 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 10:23 PM #89 of 127
I think he was rather suggesting that the shooter had no way of knowing they would arrive so promptly.

Juggle dammit
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:27 PM #90 of 127
The point stands, as either way he's blatantly disregarding the audio tapes and all other evidence regarding the actions of the police.

Additional Spam:
Which seems to be the common thread of those who support Mr. Horn. Let's ignore everything else except for the fact the two dead men were robbing a house. NOTHING ELSE TO SEE HERE GO ON ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS HURR HURR

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Nov 28, 2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:42 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 09:42 PM #91 of 127
Which seems to be the common thread of those who support Mr. Horn. Let's ignore everything else except for the fact the two dead men were robbing a house. NOTHING ELSE TO SEE HERE GO ON ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS HURR HURR
Not that it's any real connection, but the next time someone breaks in your home to rob you, holds you at gunpoint while your wife is raped with a gun in her mouth...we'll make sure that we give him the congressional medal of honor, since you'd be all for defending his acts against you and your home *thumbs up*

While that situation is quite extreme, it still yeilds the same results. The neighbors in the house would still feel victimized, they still wouldn't feel safe. They'd spend thousands on a shitty home security system, dogs, guns or whatnot to feel safe again. Wow, cops caught two bastards breaking in and stealing shit...good job...now more and more people will get the idea to come stealing in that neighborhood, but will be a lot more careful about it.

Though, now, knowing there is a gun totting maniac living nearby, chances are they won't fuck with em again. Neighborhood watch ftw!

Most amazing jew boots
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:53 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 08:53 PM #92 of 127
* Considering it is Pasadena, the chances that they would have gotten away and continue to burglarize for a while is average at least, low at best. Quite a number of cases regarding theft and breaking & entering are reported but few rarely end with the thief being caught. Those sneaky thieves.

Furthermore, since this is Pasadena, the Police force is mostly volunteer. They may not be officially official cops but they aren't going to go vigilante and just blast some stupid Mexicans for stealing worthless crap. If they had to at the most "extreme" they would just disable the two in the event they will stupid enough to try to point a weapon at an officer; they aren't going to fire so many times until they die unless they're some nutso cop.

*None of this is really relevant to what you dudes are going on about, I'm just stating what would have most likely happened due to having uncles that are part of the police force, both in Houston and Pasadena. Also no, they aren't taught to aim at the "center mass", you aim for the arm carrying the weapon to disable if they are armed while not hitting any vital points. They train them to be precise shooters (even the volunteers! we don't want someone who can't aim to be toting a gun), not run-of-the-mill "hope I get you in the right ballpark" shooters. In the event that they decide to fire back then you may shoot to kill. Then again, most cops around here aren't just carrying some 9mm pistol. Some have to carry semi-automatics since most criminals are better armed than the police force themselves, so usually only the daring try to go against the cops. Again, that doesn't really relate to what is being discussed.

In any case, Grandpa Shoot 'Em Up disregarded the words of an officer and decided to take the law into his own hands. The only way I could see him not being charged with anything is if Dr. Phil decided to be his judge. Or if the "It's Texas" effect decides to occur. Even though the odds logically are stacked against him, in Texas the legal system can be just backwards retarded.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:54 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 04:54 AM #93 of 127
So they are taught to shoot to kill, no matter the situation, indirectly by-passing the justice system. (Not that shooting at a "center mass" would necessary equate to a lethal shot. But you see where I am going.) ESPECIALLY in the case of a home burglary.

That's why tazers, stun guns, and bean bag guns exist. To kill.

What country do you live in, exactly.
Sass you look at that entirely the wrong way. They are taught to shoot center mass because under life threating situations the average accuracy of a police officer is less than 30%. It is the easiest point to aim for and the place you are most likely to actually hit the target. The point of shooting someone is to stop their ability to harm others by means of deadly force. Tazers, stun guns, and bean bag rounds from a shotgun are designed to subdue a person but without deadly force. These methods are not always feasible (ie when the other guy has a gun too) or effective (I've seen people get maced and shocked with no effect). Sometimes a gun is the only reasonable tool to stop someone with.

So they are taught to shoot to kill
Anytime anyone shoots at another person it is to kill regardless of their intent. That was my point earlier, you NEVER shoot to wound (ie the legs, knees, arms, etc) that defeats the entire purpose of pulling the trigger.

*None of this is really relevant to what you dudes are going on about, I'm just stating what would have most likely happened due to having uncles that are part of the police force, both in Houston and Pasadena. Also no, they aren't taught to aim at the "center mass", you aim for the arm carrying the weapon to disable if they are armed while not hitting any vital points. They train them to be precise shooters (even the volunteers! we don't want someone who can't aim to be toting a gun), not run-of-the-mill "hope I get you in the right ballpark" shooters. In the event that they decide to fire back then you may shoot to kill. Then again, most cops around here aren't just carrying some 9mm pistol. Some have to carry semi-automatics since most criminals are better armed than the police force themselves, so usually only the daring try to go against the cops. Again, that doesn't really relate to what is being discussed.
I'm calling Bull Shit. I want to see proof of this because it is completely opposite to everything I have ever been taught or known to be taught to the police (both civilian and military police).

There are other tools at the officers disposal if deadly force is not warranted or necessary.

Quote:
Some have to carry semi-automatics since most criminals are better armed than the police force themselves, so usually only the daring try to go against the cops.
Semi-automatic what? Semi-automatic just means that it reloads another round after you pull the trigger... most police pistols are semi-automatic.

Last edited by Gumby; Nov 28, 2007 at 10:03 PM.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:00 PM #94 of 127
Not that it's any real connection,
This is like apologizing and then saying, "but." It negets everything else, completely. Just to humor you though, I'll go ahead and rip apart the rest of your post.

Quote:
but the next time someone breaks in your home to rob you, holds you at gunpoint while your wife is raped with a gun in her mouth...we'll make sure that we give him the congressional medal of honor, since you'd be all for defending his acts against you and your home *thumbs up*
Nobody is defending the actions taken by the robbers. Indeed, they deserved to be punished for their actions. However, they did not deserve to die for them. You're comparing a situation where my use of deadly force would not only be applicable, but reccomended, to a situation that no force whatsoever by Mr. Horn was warranted.Also, the Congressional Medal of Honor is only for military, wheras the Presidential Medal of Freedom is for civilians.

Quote:
While that situation is quite extreme, it still yeilds the same results. The neighbors in the house would still feel victimized, they still wouldn't feel safe. They'd spend thousands on a shitty home security system, dogs, guns or whatnot to feel safe again. Wow, cops caught two bastards breaking in and stealing shit...good job...now more and more people will get the idea to come stealing in that neighborhood, but will be a lot more careful about it.
What the fuck is that argument? You're really trying to argue that two people getting caught, tried, arrested and sentenced would somehow encourage people to commit the same crime in the neighboorhood? Not only that, if you are going to argue that, then how the fuck would people spending money on non-deadly forms of home defense be a bad thing? They'd get a deductable from their homeowner's insurance, peace of mind, and a leg up on any new robbery attempts. Go brush your teeth, your breath smells like bullshit.

Quote:
Though, now, knowing there is a gun totting maniac living nearby, chances are they won't fuck with em again. Neighborhood watch ftw!
"The ends justify the means." You're an idiot.

Additional Spam:
* Considering it is Pasadena, the chances that they would have gotten away and continue to burglarize for a while is average at least, low at best. Quite a number of cases regarding theft and breaking & entering are reported but few rarely end with the thief being caught. Those sneaky thieves.
That may be the norm, but in this instance officers were on the scene within a minute of the shootings. I do not believe they would have allowed the suspects to escape given their proximity. Indeed, the evidence suggests just the opposite.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Nov 28, 2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:12 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 09:12 PM #95 of 127
Semi-automatic what? Semi-automatic just means that it reloads another round after you pull the trigger... most police pistols are semi-automatic.
Rifles.

Most of the crime in Houston are from the various gangs with fully automatics.

Then again, the Mara Salvatrucha never did get along with the Norteños nor the Sureños.

Still not sure how they can sneak all that shit without someone noticing, then again the borders have a few holes that are never guarded. Then again, most of it is crap that hasn't seen use in quite some time. Maybe they thought it was broken.

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:39 PM 1 #96 of 127
I like you too Frank. <3

My main hang up has been that it came down to a binary decision in that guy's head, pretty sure, that he stop them himself or let them get away. Ignore methods for a second. Also I don't think with the knowledge he had, it was all that clear that the suspects would have been apprehended.

In that case, I'm glad he acted. Not jumping for joy that he killed two guys, not feeling sorry for the two guys, but glad he did something to stop it.

However, talking with a buddy of mine about it, and he mentioned that he'd had to break into his own place a few times. Once he locked himself out of his mom's house, and had to crawl through a window. I've broken into my own house before also.

It's extremely unlikely, but I'm just thinking now that, you know, they could have been some incredibly stupid cousins of the neighbor who couldn't find the key under the mat, and they'd been asked to go pick up the guy's laundry or something. Ridiculous yes, but all of sudden that whole presumption of innocence thing pops up, which I kind of like, and it makes it difficult to support a guy who created a situation where the justice of the thing couldn't have been properly investigated.

edit: On the train home I'd tried to sketch out a kind of di-graph of points and ideas that illustrated the argument, but it was too hard, because there were these over-arching cultural paradigms that had to be included too, and I didn't know how to draw a three dimensional di-graph on a piece of paper. =(

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Radez; Nov 28, 2007 at 10:42 PM.
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:41 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 09:41 PM #97 of 127
Ok, my beef with the guy is he shot two men THREE times. I'm pretty sure there are only three reasons why someone would do that.

1. He shot a warning shot, given that he shot 3 rounds in rapid succession I'm pretty sure this isn't it. If it was a warning shot it would have been "Bang, Move you're dead", not Boom, click, boom, click, boom.

2. He missed. Yeah.... Standing 10-12 feet away from a target with a very big gun. Don't think so.

3. He shot to kill. Probably it. Shot a guy once, he fell on the ground and didn't move anymore. Shot the second guy, he yells many obscenities (I would supposed). By now, I would accept that he shot the two men based on self defense. I mean he probably accidently killed the first guy. But he fired that third shot and killed the third guy who's obviously not a threat seeing as how he just got shot with a shotgun.

He's a trigger happy murderer.

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:48 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 07:48 AM #98 of 127
Ok, my beef with the guy is he shot two men THREE times. I'm pretty sure there are only three reasons why someone would do that.

1. He shot a warning shot, given that he shot 3 rounds in rapid succession I'm pretty sure this isn't it. If it was a warning shot it would have been "Bang, Move you're dead", not Boom, click, boom, click, boom.
You don't know where they were shot. One could have taken a shot to the face and the other took two in the gut/leg/arm/choose random body part. We don't know.

2. He missed. Yeah.... Standing 10-12 feet away from a target with a very big gun. Don't think so.
As I stated before at that range there would be little to no dispersion of the buckshot. That means you have better be aiming correctly to hit the target. There is also no information on how he fired the shotgun (hip or shoulder) or whether he had to back up while making the second and third shot.

3. He shot to kill. Probably it. Shot a guy once, he fell on the ground and didn't move anymore. Shot the second guy, he yells many obscenities (I would supposed). By now, I would accept that he shot the two men based on self defense. I mean he probably accidently killed the first guy. But he fired that third shot and killed the third guy who's obviously not a threat seeing as how he just got shot with a shotgun.

He's a trigger happy murderer.
There is a lot of missing information regarding what happened those final few seconds. I think you are jumping the gun on labeling this man as a murder.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 01:08 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 01:08 AM 2 #99 of 127
Basically there are two kinds of people in this world:

There are those that think that it was right to kill Saddam Husain for what he did, and his crimes against humanity, even though he was a dictator, and his word was law.

And then there are others who think that behind the mass murder, uptight prick, there was a big fluffy bunny that just needed a hug and not a noose around his neck.

Bottom line: If you are doing something you know is morally wrong, you better fully prepare for the worst if you are caught.

In before "What if the robbers were mentally handicap and didn't know better?!"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 01:34 AM #100 of 127
There are those that think that it was right to kill Saddam Husain for what he did, and his crimes against humanity, even though he was a dictator, and his word was law.

And then there are others who think that behind the mass murder, uptight prick, there was a big fluffy bunny that just needed a hug and not a noose around his neck.

Bottom line: If you are doing something you know is morally wrong, you better fully prepare for the worst if you are caught.
As long as you continue to compare rape, sexual extortion, genocide, mass murder, and "crimes against humanity" to a couple guys casing a house, you're not going to get anywhere. These men were no dictators. They were not mass murderers. They did not have any blood on their hands whatsoever. Give it up already.

Hell, you might as well compare me to Hitler, it's make about as much sense as the rest of your drivel.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Further Proof That Texans Are Some Trigger-Happy Crackers